PDA

View Full Version : g75V Questions

vinney15
07-21-2012, 02:09 AM
Hi

Im a proud new owner of the G75 V, i have a general knowledge of the system as i spent quite a while saving for it and doing research, im quite new to the whole SSD situation and was 'noobishly' confused at the 4 partitioned drives . Although, i found myself going on a download rampage once i obtained the laptop and found my C: drive which im assuming is my partitioned SSD, FULL. The partition is named OS and has all the operating system within. i am just wondering if it is an issue hat the 70GB SSD is almost full? i have directed new downloads to one of the other drives now but i still have 143 GB left on another SSD partition.

My question is, what is the best way for me to manage these drives? I play alot of games all varying in graphics and size, i'm interested to know what anyone thinks and if the could lead me in the right directiion.

Thanks for your time.

Vince

vinney15
07-23-2012, 07:00 AM
So no one has any advice at all??

_
07-23-2012, 08:07 AM
You need to direct the installs to the other drive with space left. I would strongly advise uninstalling as much of the software from your C:\ partition as you can and putting it all on the spare drive area.

The partitions are non representative of the drives they are on. To see which partition equates to which drive, click the start button and type in disk management. Then select 'create and format disk partitions'. This will take you to disk management - from here you'll get an overview of your drive and partition layout.

Bundy_Drop_Bear
07-23-2012, 08:17 AM
I only put system programs on C: as the rest all go to c/d/e/f/g/h/i << that's my desktop, on my laptop which has 4 partitions only system tools like AVG and Malware Bytes ....etc go to C:drive the rest which are mostly games/ game tools like fraps and video editing software go to my other drives.
As the more you put on C:drive the slower your system will get.