PDA

View Full Version : Asus G73JH-BST7 RMA And Asus Bangladesh

Fatal1tyBD
07-21-2012, 06:50 AM
The story all starts here, I bought a Asus G73JH-BST7 from Best Buy USA in March 3rd 2011 and got it shipped to Bangladesh at a hefty shipping price tag. Recently my laptop has started to go haywire just after the DVD+RW got broke.Now my keyboard does not work too,while during boot it takes much more longer time then any previous times despite of having a Intel 510 SSD fitted.Sometimes in POST I get this error "Drive I/O Error" and it fails to detect any of my two hard drives or any other hard drive attached to it.More worse,I sometimes can't boot at all,the screen does not move from the Asus boot logo.My USB ports are failing frequently while attached devices cant be found or unknown device error pops up every now and then.Moreover,My CPU and GPU temps are way over the head and sometimes I get lines or random shutdowns due to it.

After all these problems,I attempted to send this to Best Buy USA but having a look at the shipping charges (300 USD + 150 USD inbound TAX) I backed off.I contacted the local Asus RMA Center and after two weeks of wait they said "Unable to process your GLOBAL WARRANTY due to the item was PURCHASED IN USA ".
Any one from Asus Tech Support dwells here?
Please help!

Gorman
07-21-2012, 10:48 AM
ASUS is required to pay shipping for repairs. Call support and don't let them push you around!

You can contact MarshallR about support problems and he may be able to help you out.

Fatal1tyBD
07-21-2012, 05:33 PM
Where do I find him?

chrsplmr
07-21-2012, 06:37 PM
I have forwarded this thread to Mason@Asus . Since 'they' seem to imply that this is a U.S. issue, not their problem.
I dont know about items bought in the U.S. and are currently out of country .. I just know that whatever can be
done, will be.
MarshallR@Asus can be contacted the same way .. when necessary, by clicking [Notifications] @ the top of the forum.
Then click [inbox]...then on the leftpanel click [Send New Messege] ... type their name
OR .. click any member's name or @Asus or Mod name (over their avatar) seen in a post and a drop menu will appear..click
send private messege.
Best of Luck .. keep us 'posted'.c.

Fatal1tyBD
07-21-2012, 07:15 PM
Thanks for the help,I am a bit frustrated right now because of the behavior that I received from the local Asus outlet and frankly speaking,also thought to dump this lappy on their heads !
I have PM'ed some persons following the above instructions,now just waiting and keeping my fingers crossed!

chrsplmr
07-21-2012, 07:30 PM
Thats all you can do friend. Worry not.
And Please dont allow the frustrations brought on by 'those' get the best of you.
All here have a common goal .. the same as yours .. and bust hump to get us there.
Well played.c.

Gorman
07-22-2012, 01:25 AM
.. and bust hump to get us there.
ChrsPlmr, you sure do say some weird things!

dstrakele
07-22-2012, 12:55 PM
Unfortunately, when you purchase an ASUS laptop from Best Buy, it is a special situation with regards to the Warranty. They do the Warranty work through Geek Squad. You don't get the ASUS Global Warranty on those systems. Best Buy sells their own Warranty extensions to generate extra cash on the sale of those laptops. It's a diffetent deal than when purchasing from other retailers.

Did you receive a hardcopy Warranty in the laptop box or printed out on an additional piece of Sales Slip paper? If so, that should discuss the Warranty terms in detail.

The ASUS Repair Center should've told you that when you attempted to set up the RMA. Holding onto your laptop for 2 weeks before giving you the news is unconscionable.

chrsplmr
07-22-2012, 01:26 PM
thanks Gorman. Many have brought that to my attention and some of those things have even been awarded 'Stickies' (http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?17191-Member-Responsibility-Step-Up-to-ROG&country=&status=). <<<[This is a favorite.]

In this instance the 'hump' I was refering to was that of the humble 'camel' whose heart would explode long before
their 'hump would bust' under tasking burdens asked and even longer before ever considering to refuse.
The humble camel you see, a beast of burden, simply has no quit. ROG.

and btw .. I learn't that here. Thanks again Mason@Asus .
(Not to take a crumb of respect for the herculean efforts brought forth selflessly by the many away.).c.

Mason@ASUS
07-23-2012, 08:29 AM
The story all starts here, I bought a Asus G73JH-BST7 from Best Buy USA in March 3rd 2011 and got it shipped to Bangladesh at a hefty shipping price tag. Recently my laptop has started to go haywire just after the DVD+RW got broke.Now my keyboard does not work too,while during boot it take much more longer then any previous times despite of having a Intel 510 SSD fitted.Sometimes in POST I get this error "Drive I/O Error" and it fails to detect any of my two hard drives or any other hard drive attached to it.More worse,I sometimes can't boot at all,the screen does not move from the Asus boot logo.My USB ports are failing frequently while attached devices cant be found or unknown device error pops up every now and then.
After all these problems,I attempted to send this to Best Buy USA but having a look at the shipping charges (300 USD + 150 USD inbound TAX) I backed off.I contacted the local Asus RMA Center and after two weeks of wait they said "Unable to process your GLOBAL WARRANTY due to the item was PURCHASED IN USA ".
Any one from Asus Tech Support dwells here?
Please help!

Hi Fatal1tyBD.
Sorry for the issues you're having sending your laptop in for warranty service. The explanation that you received from your local service center doesn't make sense due to the fact that the country you purchase a product in doesn't affect whether or not you have global warranty. Global warranty depends on the particular SKU of the product you purchased, e.g., some G73Jh SKUs do have global warranty and other G73Jh SKUs don't. The characters after the dash identifies the particular SKU, in your case, BST7. This is a Best Buy model so it most likely doesn't have global warranty but if you PM me with your serial number, I can check that for you. The other issue is whether or not the service center there in Bangladesh is a global service center or not as not all service centers are global service centers. PM me so I can get some more information and we'll go from there.

Fatal1tyBD
07-23-2012, 05:58 PM
Thank you Mason for your reply,
I am a bit confused in a sense that my local Asus outlet claimed itself to be able to process the global warranty which in there words were "Applicable" BUT they refused later.
Anyways I have replied to your PM with the details.

Mason@ASUS
07-24-2012, 12:57 AM
No problem. I agree. Their explanation was confusing. Are you able to get them to clarify what they meant since the fact that it was purchased in the US has nothing to do with the laptop having or not having a global warranty?

Fatal1tyBD
07-24-2012, 02:00 PM
I came back moments ago from the local Asus outlet.
What they told me is :
"Your product was purchased from a foreign country,so it's warranty is not applicable here.Although we process Global Warranty but that is only those items which are bought from this country NOT abroad "
Confusing as it may sound,I think he meant that local Asus products have global warranty which they can be processed by local Asus outlet help anywhere in the world.
I am just too confused,they keep on saying clueless/meaningless words!
Anyways,TODAY MY G73 STOPPED TO BOOT!

Gorman
07-25-2012, 04:24 AM
Ok, so global warranties are valid only in the country they were bought in?

This sounds very misleading.

ASUS USA should pay for your shipping costs anyway, so send it off to them, it will be slower but at least it will get done...

Fatal1tyBD
07-25-2012, 02:26 PM
PM'ed Mason a day ago,still waiting for his response.
GOD KNOWS WHO THE HELL RECRUITED THOSE PEOPLE IN ASUS BANGLADESH,IT SEEMS TO ME THEY BARELY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT.
FREAKINGLY TRUE,ONE PERSON EVEN SAID THAT A 17.3 LCD SIZE IN ROG SERIES DOES NOT EXIST!
HE TOLD ME THAT ALL ARE 15.6 INCHES!
I MEAN WTF,CAN'T ASUS RECRUIT BETTER REP'S?

Mason@ASUS
07-26-2012, 01:01 AM
I will check to see if ASUS Bangladesh is actually a Global Warranty service center. It sounds like they are not, and they just use the term "global warranty" to mean what you said where they will provide warranty service only if the product is purchased in Bangaladesh. Let me find out some details on that and get back to you and I'll answer your PM too.

Fatal1tyBD
07-26-2012, 02:01 AM
Why don't Asus keep more rep's like Mason and MarshallR?

Fatal1tyBD
07-27-2012, 07:18 AM
RMA procedure is so god damn slow ...

chrsplmr
07-27-2012, 12:56 PM
RMA procedure is so *** damn slow ...

I can only pray that 'that's' NOT the problem with it ... although .. it does tickle me
... the whole bursting into flames thing... hahahha ... it would save on unemployment also.

we know how frustrating this is ... deep cleansing breaths friend..c.

Fatal1tyBD
07-27-2012, 03:40 PM
chrsplmr,you can't imagine the amount of hard work and savings I had to do to buy this laptop.
I come from a third world developing country.and it's hell to earn money over here,specially being a student where we have scarce employment opportunities.

Gorman
07-27-2012, 04:34 PM
Fatality, even for those of us living in first world countries, RoG are expensive. And even in first world countries RMA is slow :( And just to make it clear, students here are poor too T_T

Some people's RMA have taken over 100 days before, but it's rare, probably a few weeks and it will be back again (and probably not broken either!).
So just try to think happy thoughts until then, ok?

Fatal1tyBD
07-27-2012, 08:18 PM
It still did not go for an RMA yet ... :(

chrsplmr
07-28-2012, 12:41 AM
chrsplmr,you can't imagine the amount of hard work and savings I had to do to buy this laptop.
I come from a third world developing country.and it's hell to earn money over here,specially being a student where we have scarce employment opportunities.

This may be a suprise to you my friend, but I have Never been accused of ..."chrsplmr, you can't imagine ..." before ... and so very sorry if this somehow offended you. But as Gorman points out Around the World, pennies are precious few and fewer still to be sparred...
i am especially tickled by .. "..the amount of hard work" part ... hahahhahaha ... are you ROG'n kidd'n me ? hahahhahaa

"My Driver" won't be picking me up any time soon... Nobody is running up to anybody over here either throwing $5dollar bills ... (well, not at work'n stiffs like 'us' anyway.)
I agree with you 1000%. This so far is ridiculous.... Trust 'we' are all standing here not happy about this.

I just dont think that GOD 'damned' anything ..... yet...imho.Peace brother.relax.c.

Zygomorphic
07-28-2012, 01:17 AM
So just try to think happy thoughts until then, ok?

Positive thinking :)...I like. Always better than the alternative...hohoho!

Gorman
07-28-2012, 05:23 AM
It still did not go for an RMA yet ... :(
Ah you are still fighting to even get it RMA'd huh?

That sucks...

Fatal1tyBD
07-29-2012, 09:27 PM
It has been 7 days when I received the last PM from Mason,and MarshallR did not reply yet ...:(

chrsplmr
07-29-2012, 09:59 PM
Frustration of time is hard to swallow .. but it is time, this too shall pass.

When it comes back it 'should' be better than 'factory new' because at that
point it 'should' be Also officiallyAsusTech Certified 100% as originally intended
by Asus ... not to mention 'Purchaser' expectations/guarantee... 'You'..
..and now a Member. [It is being handled.Try'n ta tell'ya.]

The 'time' inbetween then and if ... sucks. Relax....
(remember this word:Mason) .... then as ourFriend Gorman has said,
"So just try to think happy thoughts until then, ok? " ... and others have echo'd.. hehe.. c.

Mason: No pressure there bro ... hahahhahaha .. (OP trust that we know what we know.)

I cant and would never assume to speak for MarshallR, but I would suggest to you..
that he saw the magic word uttered also .. hahhahahhahaa .. and knows all that
can be be done Absolutely Will Be Done. No Question... While 'he' with others attend
to the 'other' insanities that are this forum ... relax friend.

Didn't 'we' mention 'Welcome'? hehe.c.

Fatal1tyBD
07-30-2012, 02:18 PM
chrsplmr dude,I am FIGHTING TO GET MY ASUS G73JH-BST7 RMA'ED.
And currently I can't join my clan/team matches due to lack of my rig. >_<

chrsplmr
07-30-2012, 03:16 PM
i know ... no issue .. Fatal1tyBD .. look @ post # 4 .. the rest is time..
I dont know what can be done .. we all know what should be .. but
whatever can be ... Mason is ur guy..just hang in there...c.

Gorman
07-30-2012, 04:29 PM
Fatal1tyBD mate, we all have to fight battles to win against ASUS, every few months my laptop is taken out of action for a few weeks because ASUS need to repair it and they refuse to replace or refund it... Another guy had his laptop taken by RMA for over 100 days, he had to sue to get it back. RMA sometimes stab screwdrivers through motherboards, or don't put components in properly so you get a lovely rattling sound.

We all fight mate, so that's really all you can do either :/

Call them more, email them more, use the support thing on the ASUS site, etc.

chrsplmr
07-30-2012, 07:51 PM
Correct .. Although the 128+ days that brotherGorman speaks of is rare .. in fact one of the very few I know of (yes, I count.) .. had nothing to do with this situation.
And the issue that Gorman speaks of on his G (Different model.).. is well known .. and there is simply no excuse for the same defective part being continuously used to repair it ... If I remember correctly ..

This is a Global/USA/BestBuy issue ...
I would calmly wait to hear from Mason .. It is Monday they are back to work ...

To others I would say, forget what you think you know by all appearances...and
let the 'ever improving' system Work for you ....
In this do as Gorman suggests ... be politely ruthless..... not with Mason, MarshallR
or any Here ...... We are All on the same Team ..... just trust That.

That said .... oooooooh no, here we go,

Personally ..... with a capital P ... just my humble 'I wish' but it's never gonna happen Opinion ...
I would love to see the G returned to it's rightful place in the enthusiast market ..
and BestBuy type retailers to never get near one ...
Where else can you get a 1600 resolution ??? OK left over BBK's @ Tiger or some other ..
and their own warranty 'rules'.... non-sense .. it not only works .. it works better than any other
offered or its fixed ..... or/and - here it is ....... Replace it, da !!! .... why not ? Move on.

Asus is evolving for the future .. to not only hold the 1st, Top Tech/R&D in the World ...
but cement it ... once and for all ... THAT is what ROG is All About .... and this forum.imho.
The Best. Period. End of Question.

Why will this NEVER happen ???
hahahhaha ... Truth ??? ... MegaRetailers with MegaOrders
keep the consumer price point Down. Without them .. and all the little things that
cut corners ... like Gorman's repair (although in the long run, what do they save ?
how many times U had that Thing 'fixed' brother ? Ridiculous.) the price would out
pace the price point that Sells..and affords 'us' the opportunity to own one.

But ... I love but...
In the LongRun ... would we pay $1000 more for top shelf...no doubt. HELL YES.
ut oh, another but ... Not All of us can afford Another Grand ... or even the first
Two.............

To Asus: While you are Manufacturing anyway .. why not Add a few to each run ???
Would the cost of .. RMAing, Repair Centers ...ect ... be OffSet by simply
sending a New One and WholeSale Off the RMA's ???

Now...That Said... hahhahaha
...about get'n a purchase order number on those RMA's .......
(Remember the unnecessary RMA's of the CrossHair V...hahahha...I do.
'Almost' All were in Perfect Working order....hahhaha...yum.)

OP ... This is Wrong .... it will not stand .. just Watch.
Besides ... an American in Bangledesh ... oh my ... U NEED a G...
If ya can't eat .. ya should at least be able to get your ROGon.....relax.
and ... hang tough bro..it's ON.c.

Zygomorphic
07-31-2012, 12:52 AM
Personally ..... with a capital P ... just my humble 'I wish' but it's never gonna happen Opinion ...
I would love to see the G returned to it's rightful place in the enthusiast market ..
and BestBuy type retailers to never get near one ...
Where else can you get a 1600 resolution ??? OK left over BBK's @ Tiger or some other ..
and their own warranty 'rules'.... non-sense .. it not only works .. it works better than any other
offered or its fixed ..... or/and - here it is ....... Replace it, da !!! .... why not ? Move on.

Asus is evolving for the future .. to not only hold the 1st, Top Tech/R&D in the World ...
but cement it ... once and for all ... THAT is what ROG is All About .... and this forum.imho.
The Best. Period. End of Question.

Amen, bro! @chrs, your way with words inspires us all...me at least ;). Definitely this forum is made better by people such as you...the wierd pseudo-poetry/prose is a neat style, always refreshing.

Gorman
07-31-2012, 03:44 AM
^ Chrsplmr is 50% inspiring, 50% extremely confusing!

But yeah, /agree

You must spread some reputation around before giving it to chrsplmer again...

chrsplmr
07-31-2012, 10:00 AM
.. dont make me tell ya all about .. 'the little engine that could' ... again.. hahhahaa

Always thank you for kind thoughts and words ... I know we can, I know we can ... chug, chug, chug ...

Now all we need is a little 'pseudo-poetic' justice all around ..
and .. Please dont take where you saw that phrase recently the wrong way..
or as against 'anyone' ... i know better .. he that uttered it first is living proof that there
is advanced alien life on our planet ... and 'We' are darn lucky to have him ... them..hahhaha.imho.c.

Zygomorphic
07-31-2012, 10:11 AM
Very true Gorman! must be that we are not speaking enough ROG...still learning the language...trying to understand the master.

Little engine that could...chrs that is you...always cheering--and confusing...wait, that is my occupation ;)

chrsplmr
07-31-2012, 11:29 AM
Simply shining the light of truth ..
I read what I wrote once, I was so confused ... I had pancakes. hahahhaaa
(Don't be silly, I'm diabetic, I had eggWhites .. hahaha.)

The fact remains I have Never experienced the dedication I found here among TeamROG before I came here.
None work harder to get it right ... let them.
(Now some in contract repair centers need to join the ranks of the unemployed .. et.)
Im NO blind FanBoyCheerLeader ... although I have been told I am very cute with pigtails and pom-poms ...
even if my skirt is too short .... hahahahhaa ... thnx guyz..u make my day.c.

Mason@ASUS
07-31-2012, 09:44 PM
Fatal1tyBD, I have confirmed based on your serial number that your G73JH Best Buy SKU does not have Global Warranty. That must've been what the reps at ASUS Bangladash meant when they gave you the reasoning for why they could not service your laptop. The 1 year warranty period has also expired on your laptop but due to the time that was lost trying to understand the explanation provided to you by ASUS Bangladesh as to why they wouldn't service your laptop, we will still allow you to send it in for an RMA. However, it will need to be sent to our service center here in the US. I apologize for the inconvenience and for the issues you're experiencing with your laptop. I've sent you some suggestions on how we can work this out an RMA via PM.

Fatal1tyBD
08-01-2012, 05:53 AM
Ahh,my bad luck!
Trying to work it out via PM.

Fatal1tyBD
08-02-2012, 04:03 AM
BTW I do have a extended warranty of six months,why doesn't Asus honor that?

Fatal1tyBD
08-06-2012, 02:20 PM
Another week passed without any reply to my PM.

chrsplmr
08-06-2012, 03:29 PM
To what PM ? Mason ?
Just be patient .. I have not heard from him either as of late .. which tells me ..
(he is probably away .. ) .. whatever he told you will be.relax.... the waiting is the hardest.c.

Zygomorphic
08-07-2012, 02:05 AM
To what PM ? Mason ?
Just be patient .. I have not heard from him either as of late .. which tells me ..
(he is probably away .. ) .. whatever he told you will be.relax.... the waiting is the hardest.c.\
Amen, @chrsplmr...waiting for everything is so hard...probably why it seems that way...we want it more since we're waiting, which makes the waiting seem longer...so we want it more...wait more...rinse, repeat. :D

Mason@ASUS
08-08-2012, 07:18 PM
@Fatal1tyBD, Sorry for not getting your PM sooner. I've been out of the office. Some service centers will allow you to send in your non-global warranty carrying product to them to be serviced for a fee of less than it would be if your warranty had expired or if the particular issue wasn't covered under your warranty. This may be something you'd rather do as it definitely beats the huge cost of shipping the laptop to and from the US

Regarding your question about the extended warranty, is that a warranty that you purchased through Best Buy? If so, then you still have that extended service plan that they provided but they only provide a warranty that is good wherever Best Buys are located so unfortunately you would need to send the laptop in to the US for any warranty service.

If you purchased the extended warranty through ASUS, then it will be honored but it extends the duration of your warranty rather than granting the product a global warranty.

I've replied to your PM and hopefully we can figure out a way to get you laptop repaired.

Fatal1tyBD
05-18-2013, 06:01 AM
Okay after 10 months of continuous struggle and poorest laptop support from Asus over in my country,my lappy is about to die due to :
1.NO available LCD screens,keyboard,DVD Writer over here.
2.My USB ports and trackpad stopped functioning.
3.Too much hassle from ASUS RMA for fixing this beast up.
Regretfully to say that,After my lappy dies,I will no longer be a loyal ROG customer anymore for my horrible experience.
P.S : My laptop was in RMA for the most of the time in past 10 months,with deceiving hopes to fix it up and giving it back to me everyday.

chrsplmr
05-18-2013, 03:27 PM
Fatal1tyBD .. sorry to hear this after all this time. Was hoping to see Joy ... as I am sure you were.

So if I understand you correctly, after 10months you got your laptop back and now have additional issues
or some that were not resolved in the first 10months ???

Fatal1tyBD
05-18-2013, 03:33 PM
Yes,I now have additional issues and No,the original problems weren't fixed at all.
Rather then fixing them,they presented me with some new ones.

chrsplmr
05-18-2013, 03:39 PM
Not good. We have a new 'Mason' on the forum now. He is U.S. based, not sure what help he can offer if
any, but it never hurts to ask. Sounds like a regional issue sad to say.
PM .. cl-Albert .. sometimes he pulls off miricles.

That said .. there has been many advancements since the G73 and you have the upgrade that
makes all the difference in the World on top of it, a SSD.
You may still want to consider a G75vx .. with a 670mx .. new models will be coming out
soon and there is always a price drop on the last when that happens.

We would hate to lose ya bro.c.

Fatal1tyBD
05-18-2013, 03:45 PM
I would rather buy an Alienware/Sager or Clevo/MSI rather then a Asus ROG.
But before I do,I will PM the new Mason and see what he has,if he cant help me much (well my warranty was literally spoilt for the ASUS RMA dept here in BD) I would just leave saying Good Bye and Thanks to all who have taken there time to respond my posts over here.

Fatal1tyBD
05-18-2013, 03:47 PM
BTW I have upgraded to an Intel 510 120GB SSD too for this machines.

Fatal1tyBD
05-20-2013, 04:10 PM
No reply from Cl_Albert yet :/

cl-Albert
05-21-2013, 04:45 PM
Fatal1tyBD,
Sorry for the delay. Sent you a PM yesterday, so let me know if you didn't see it.
Unfortunately, I don't know a lot of the details regarding this issue, so need you to provide me more information.
Also, it's better to resolve this sooner if you want to get something done, so don't wait too long to follow up if possible.
Thanks.

Fatal1tyBD
05-22-2013, 06:10 AM
PM seen and sent :)

cl-Albert
05-22-2013, 05:34 PM
Okay after 10 months of continuous struggle and poorest laptop support from Asus over in my country,my lappy is about to die due to :
1.NO available LCD screens,keyboard,DVD Writer over here.
2.My USB ports and trackpad stopped functioning.
3.Too much hassle from ASUS RMA for fixing this beast up.
Regretfully to say that,After my lappy dies,I will no longer be a loyal ROG customer anymore for my horrible experience.
P.S : My laptop was in RMA for the most of the time in past 10 months,with deceiving hopes to fix it up and giving it back to me everyday.

Thanks for sending me your serial number and hope it's okay to reply through the forums.
Feel free to send me a PM if necessary and I may switch back to PMs too.

Unfortunately, I'm not going to be able to help much from the U.S. and will just forward your information for others to consider or confirm what can be done.
Can you please summarize your current situation and what you would like to have done?

1. Are you concerned about warranty at all, or just trying to get the unit fixed locally for out-of-warranty and having troubles with this?
2. Although you sent me your RMA number, I'm not able to check it in my system (for the U.S.), so can you tell me if your notebook is still at your local repair office under this rma number and when did you send in your notebook (and when did you get it back if it was returned to you and what were you told?)?
3. Sounds like you may have a pretty long list of problems, but can you confirm what currently isn't working or needs to be fixed? From your original post I show: 1. DVD+RW broken, 2. keyboard not work, 3. boot takes much longer, 4. Sometimes in POST I get this error "Drive I/O Error" and it fails to detect any any hard drive attached to it, 5. sometimes can't boot at all,the screen does not move from the Asus boot logo, 6. USB ports failing frequently while attached devices cant be found or unknown device error pops up every now and then, 7. CPU and GPU temps are way over the head and sometimes I get lines or random shutdowns due to it.

Fatal1tyBD
05-23-2013, 07:23 AM
1.OF-COURSE I am concern about my warranty,why did I pay a premium for a premium product then?
2.I sent my notebook many times,which dates shall I mention?
3.And all the problems still remain the same,I have a dead keyboard,a half broken monitor,failing USB ports,overheating,broken DVD drive,and that god damn I/O error with long POST and BOOT times although I use a Intel 510 SSD!

cl-Albert
05-23-2013, 06:00 PM
Fatal1tyBD, hope I'm not making this too difficult, but unfortunately, I don't have anything from your earlier discussions other than what is posted.

1.OF-COURSE I am concern about my warranty,why did I pay a premium for a premium product then?

Okay, we should discuss the warranty more then.
As Mason mentioned in his earlier post in this thread on 07-31-2012, your BestBuy notebook does not come with any international warranty, so wondering if this was resolved or still an issue. If you have been talking with anyone else to resolve the warranty issue, let me know and send me their names or information by PM if necessary.

Can you get an RMA for warranty repair from your local service center right now, or what issues are you having to arrange this (are they refusing warranty repair, or are there problems to get parts, etc.)?

2.I sent my notebook many times,which dates shall I mention?

If it's easier, can you tell us when was your last RMA, where was the service location, and what was the result?

If it's not too much trouble, send me by PM a short summary of all your RMA numbers and when they were sent in for repair.

Thanks!

Fatal1tyBD
05-28-2013, 01:16 PM
Okay,I tried to go to the local RMA station,they seem to be a bit annoyed (!),I asked that could they fix it up or not and they gave me a blank look (as usual),then they simply refused me.
My last RMA was roughly 10 months ago,the result was a total failure plus they added an extra monitor problem to my laptop.
I lost the all three RMA memo's but the last one was still with me which I sent you via PM already.

Fatal1tyBD
06-09-2013, 04:32 PM
No one replying so I guess its a ASUS RMA FAIL AGAIN XD
Bye Asus,Welcome Sager!

Fatal1tyBD
02-11-2014, 03:20 PM
See this is what you get when you come from a developing country,firstly Asus products are way expensive in your country and when you contact them for warranty you end up screwed up like me!
So where are Mason,Albert and MarshallR from ASUS?
Why are they so slient?

Shawnnepc
02-11-2014, 05:19 PM
See this is what you get when you come from a developing country,firstly Asus products are way expensive in your country and when you contact them for warranty you end up screwed up like me!
So where are Mason,Albert and MarshallR from ASUS?
Why are they so slient?

I'm not sure what ASUS North America can do for you or what exactly you are expecting from them.

From what I've seen:

Laptop purchased in US from Best Buy (Best Buy warranty is US only)
You did not want to pay shipping for US for warranty service
Local ASUS service center denied warranty repair due to it being a Best Buy only SKU.

I don't see where ASUS is at fault here.

When you import a laptop from another country it's wise to research any potential warranty costs before you make your purchase.

Sager (a Clevo & Compal reseller) , MSI & the others will have the same issues if you import them. Your safest bet is to purchase a laptop from your host country.

I know it sucks and I hope you have better luck with laptops in the future :(

Fatal1tyBD
02-12-2014, 07:13 AM
Thanks for the clarification ShawennPC, but did you know the same model in my country cost BDT 186500 which is equivalent to 2331.25 USD?
Secondly,the shipping charge was a whopping 300 USD (150 USD one way),so I expected to Asus bear one way perhaps?
Thirdly,I literally wanted to pay for my warranty where Asus in my country kept me waiting for 6 months saying this and that every now and then and at the end of the day they just ended up telling the warranty can not be processed.