PDA

View Full Version : Intel® Rapid Storage Technology 11.5.0.1207 WHQL

karn78
07-25-2012, 01:40 PM
http://www.station-drivers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=3931

Hello,
New drivers for AHCI, with great performance, you can download it with the link.

MaXimus711
07-25-2012, 06:32 PM
This says it is for Desktop boards, will it work on laptops?

Ayman
07-25-2012, 06:35 PM
This says it is for Desktop boards, will it work on laptops?

I tested it and yeah it works fine.

rewben
07-26-2012, 01:52 AM
wow. noticeable performance boost. yes, it works great.

karn78
07-26-2012, 07:30 AM
yes it works on laptop.
you must install this driver for stability and performance boost with ssd disk.

mrwolf
07-26-2012, 02:24 PM
Nice, thanks guys i will install since i jus put in an SSD few days ago :D.. Is there any specific improvements that have been made..?

mrwolf
07-27-2012, 03:27 AM
Ever since i installed this i have had ''IAstoricon.exe'' running in my processes that takes up a good 10,000K..
Is this needed for it to function properly..? i hav a habit of taking things off my processes so it frees up processing power for my games lol..
Other than that i have defiantly noticed an improvement in read/write speeds.. Heaven benchmark loads up super quick now compared to before..

romanlopez01
07-27-2012, 04:20 AM
thanks! testing....

Woots
07-27-2012, 05:09 AM
Thx for heads up working smoothly so far on my G75

MUPiSz
07-30-2012, 04:46 AM
yeah @karn78, appreciate the link. installed ok on two G75VW's, so far so good.

question: the IAStorDataMgrSvc.exe service is sitting at ~538,000K right now. is this a mem hog or what?

Torr785
08-02-2012, 12:50 AM
These divers make my laptop BSOD hmmm , back to the old ones for me

Edit : Only bsod Ive ever had with this laptop is with these drivers installed

mrwolf
08-02-2012, 01:01 AM
Yea i got BSOD too a few times after installing this, but only when i used Hwinfo64.. I reinstalled Hwinfo64 and no more BSOD..

You could try re-installing whatever makes it BSOD after installing this.. might help

MaXimus711
08-02-2012, 02:57 AM
I have tried al the 11.x Rapid Storage Technology Drivers on this notebook and none of them have any BODs

But please bear in mind that when a newer driver is released, I don't simply uninstall the older driver, restart, then install the new one.

Instead, I have a disk image using Acronis True Image to the point before I installed any drivers so I simply go back to that image then reinstall all my drivers fresh!

mrwolf
08-02-2012, 11:39 AM
Ah ok.. Is that necessary tho..? I mean i just installed it straight up and at the first few parts of the install it shows 'uninstalling' certain old drivers..?
Havnt experienced any issues tho, only with Hwinfo but after reinstalling it its all good..

MaXimus711
08-02-2012, 01:44 PM
Ah ok.. Is that necessary tho..? I mean i just installed it straight up and at the first few parts of the install it shows 'uninstalling' certain old drivers..?
Havnt experienced any issues tho, only with Hwinfo but after reinstalling it its all good..

There are a few drivers that I personally would never uninstall and install newer ones over simply because they are known to cause minor glitches here or there or not offer you optimal performance. True, your system may seem to work fine at first, but somewhere down the line you'd get a Blue Screen or some other problem.

It takes me 5 to 7 mins only to go back to the image I created before installing the drivers so this way I save myself a lot of time and hassle.

- VGA Driver
- Intel Chipset Drivers
- Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver
- Sound Card Driver

A good FREE Disk Imaging program is: EaseUS Todo Backup Free (http://forums.pctweakers.net/showthread.php/144-EaseUS-Todo-Backup-Free)

mrwolf
08-03-2012, 01:05 AM
Amazing.. thanks max, i needed something like this for a backup because after i did a fresh windows 7 install on my SSD the Asus recovery thing doesnt work anymore..

MaXimus711
08-03-2012, 02:49 AM
Amazing.. thanks max, i needed something like this for a backup because after i did a fresh windows 7 install on my SSD the Asus recovery thing doesnt work anymore..

haha, the first thing I did when I bought my notebook was wipe the SSD/HDD and wipe the recovery partition! Pros like us know how to configure a system better than ASUS ;)

Now you can install Windows, customize it to your liking, set all your personal folders to D: (http://forums.pctweakers.net/showthread.php/143-How-to-move-personal-folders-to-another-partition-(ie-D-or-E-)), perform all Windows updates, install EaseUS To Do Free, clean your temp folders, then create your image!

This way, when your system feels slow, or some major driver component is released, rather than living in doubt whether or not the old drivers will uninstall properly along with all their dlls, reg entries, etc, you simply go back to the image and install all your drivers FRESH!

I never EVER uninstall / update a driver, call me insane but I love the feeling of a fresh system with new drivers :D