PDA

View Full Version : No G53JW owner here?

kimiraikkonen
07-25-2012, 07:17 PM
Hı guys,
I'm hanging out here to find any G53JW enthusiasts however there are so many G73 and G74 owners and too much troubles related to them reported by their owners. Admitted, there is a tiny amount of G53JW owners here with little mention about this model. I also know that G53JW is quite old nowaways, especially when G75 series are on the market today.

Is there a kind of lounge here like on notebookreview.com forums for G53JW guys? I listed my experiences there but want to meet any potential G53JW friends if possible.

Thanks everyone though!

Gorman
07-26-2012, 02:54 AM
I'm a G53jw owner.

If there is too many of us in one place then the animosity towards ASUS tends to build up and cause meltdown, so we try to stay a bit separate.

There's no lounge for us.

kimiraikkonen
07-26-2012, 09:22 AM
I'm a G53jw owner.

If there is too many of us in one place then the animosity towards ASUS tends to build up and cause meltdown, so we try to stay a bit separate.

There's no lounge for us.

Yep, nice to meet you. I just wondered. I agree seperation and lounges are not always a good thing however a good approach to discuss common issues related to specific model.

Gorman
07-27-2012, 05:19 AM
Well, for common issues you should be able to hit up search fairly easily, otherwise a G53jw user like me, or someone who is knowledgeable might be able to help anyway :P

Zygomorphic
07-27-2012, 10:14 AM
Count me a half-brother...got a G53SX. ;) Great computer! I have had zero problems with it. Maybe you should start a G53 owners group and put a link in your sig! I started "THE Perfect Hardware Support Group" with a link in my sig, and we have 18 members now. You can do it too! :p

Gorman
07-27-2012, 01:02 PM
g53jw is the sickly brother of g53sx :(

Zygomorphic
07-27-2012, 05:51 PM
My comp is healthy, hence my creating the group I mentioned. :)

kimiraikkonen
07-29-2012, 09:36 PM
Nice to see you guys, appreciate.

Zygomorphic
07-31-2012, 01:09 AM
Join my group, please...pretty please! :)

kimiraikkonen
07-31-2012, 10:20 AM
Join my group, please...pretty please! :)

Just did it.

eskion
08-01-2012, 06:19 AM
G53JW owner here, hate the laptop. I want to throw it almost everyday. It's an overpriced, overhyped, piece of crap....

Just joined your group though.

Zygomorphic
08-01-2012, 10:16 AM
How??? The other gaming laptops with similar performance all cost >$2000. The Alienware m15x costs $2200+ for a similar configuration.

eskion
08-01-2012, 03:48 PM
I posted my experience with this laptop in the group.

I have had a few issues with this laptop such as the power pin breaking, hard drive failing, dead pixels, heat issues causing freezing, coating wearing off of the keyboard, and it doesn't always catch every button press.

My old Acer with a P3 lasted 6 years and only had to replace the optical drive once. I'm feeling a bit jaded. Also had to pay for shipping when I RMA'd both times.

When I did the second RMA I was told they would replace the screen, do a repaste, and replace the hard drive. They only replaced the hard drive.

I'm tempted to put my laptop on top of an ac unit just so it doesn't get hot.

--edit--

Also, when playing SWTOR on Max to lowest graphic setting I get low frame rates, hitting as low as 3. Ghost Recon Online freezes my G53 completely after 1 or 2 matches. I have to hold the power button to restart. WoW, gets an average of 18-22 FPS.

When I play SWTOR on my wifes computer (Pentium D, Nvidia 7800GS, 4GB Ram), it out performs my laptop. Averaging 28FPS in SWTOR and WoW, and Ghost Recon doesn't freeze the computer.

Zygomorphic
08-01-2012, 03:53 PM
I would PM Mason@ASUS or Marshall@ASUS. They will help take care of you. A lot of people had bad experiences going through the ASUS phone support, the ROG forum support is much better...patting self on back, ;) No really, the @ASUS guys on the forum are so much more helpful than the e-mail tech-support. Trust me, I've used it.

eskion
08-01-2012, 04:03 PM
Not sure if there would be a point to that. I bought it 2/08/11. I have read some of the posts about people only getting a 1 year warrenty instead th 2 year that they are supposed to get. Also, I can't afford to ship my laptop to them again (economy has hit us hard), and it's the workstation that I use for everything. I will contact Mason and see what happens.

--edit--

More good news. The sticker under my laptop says:
WARRANTY : 12M