PDA

View Full Version : G74SX-BBK7 Help

jtech48
07-26-2012, 07:34 AM
This is my first post here and I apologize if its in the incorrect sub-forum.

I was recently having issues with my laptop's cd/dvd drive where it wasnt reading any type of disks but it was recognized by the computer so I was trying to do a system restore and see if maybe that helped but instead of botting up into safe mode I pressed F9 and went into the recovery files screen. I made the mistake of going through the recovery process and now its booting up like its the first use and with the small screen resolution like 800x600 and then continues to reboot over and over. My question is, Is there anyway to recover from this and go back to the previous state the laptop was in?

iluvatar
07-26-2012, 08:53 AM
Do you have a windows installation disk (or repair disk)? Using the startup repair option can work wonders to get rid of startup loop, if that's the problem your facing.
If you have restored your laptop to factory settings, then there's probably none of your data left on the C: drive.

jtech48
07-26-2012, 09:22 AM
It stopped looping and now everything is as I first bought it. Oh well time to start downloading the applications i had before and pictures, there go all my videos.

But moving on, the disk drive just stopped working before all this and its the reason this happened while I attempted to find a fix. The disk drive opens and the light turns on when i close it but when i insert a disk it sounds like the laser eye moves a bit then just stops and nothing else happens. Could the disk drive need to be replaced?