PDA

View Full Version : ? about SSD drive for G75.

Bundy_Drop_Bear
07-29-2012, 07:18 AM
I'd like to know 2 things.

1. if i add a SSD drive will it void my warranty as I have heard other company's don't allow the removal of their HDDs unless there dead and the Tech support people do it.

2. What is the best SSD drive to get for the G75, preferably a 750gb in size.

Ayman
07-29-2012, 09:42 AM
1- No it wont void your warranty if you open the back cover and upgrade the ram's or hard drive.
2- You have lot of SSD's company to choose (OCZ - Corsair - Samsung - Kingston - Intel) and lot more you can check the link below.
http://www.newegg.com/Store/SubCategory.aspx?SubCategory=636&name=Internal-SSD

Zygomorphic
07-29-2012, 09:47 AM
1) No, it will not void your warranty to add an SSD to your G75. Simply take off the bottom cover and add/replace the HDD with the SSD. Really easy, I'm told. Definitely worth doing.

2) Dude! How much money do you have??? ;) How about a 1 TB SSD? Only $2500 on newegg! If you want the best SSDs, Intels have the lowest failure rates.
Link: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227797

Myk SilentShadow
07-29-2012, 10:38 AM
I'd like to know 2 things.

1. if i add a SSD drive will it void my warranty as I have heard other company's don't allow the removal of their HDDs unless there dead and the Tech support people do it.

2. What is the best SSD drive to get for the G75, preferably a 750gb in size.

The biggest here in Aus at the moment mate is a 512GB, by both OCZ and Crucial through PC Case Gear.

Bundy_Drop_Bear
07-29-2012, 01:19 PM
ok thx for the reply's and i thought i had seen a G5 model advertised with a 750gb SSD that's why I said I wanted one that size but after going on PCCG(PC Case Gear) I found that one that size is way out of my budget. so a 120gb will have to do at some pint down the track, hopefully bye the time, i do get it the sound drivers will be working properly and the Graphics won't flicker any more.(yes I have the latest Beta drivers and it still flickers) Although it hasn't happened since I plugged me laptop into me 60" Sony LCD TV and I have found one of the sound tweaks on these forums helpful as the sound is now some what slightly high than it use to be.

PS: the laptop itself cost me just over $2500 so spending the same amount on a single SSD HDD.

c_man
07-29-2012, 04:14 PM
You should get a Samsung if you want something reliable (I know none that failed so far).

Zygomorphic
07-31-2012, 12:42 AM
You should get a Samsung if you want something reliable (I know none that failed so far).

Those are good SSDs too...the Corsairs seem to have the highest failure rates...from experience on this forum. Still, SSDs as a general rule are pretty reliable.

xeromist
07-31-2012, 03:31 PM
Those are good SSDs too...the Corsairs seem to have the highest failure rates...from experience on this forum. Still, SSDs as a general rule are pretty reliable.

Over time I've seen far more complaints about OCZ than Corsair SSDs and that's more than just this forum.

As a brand I highly trust Corsair because if anything ever goes wrong, they make it right. I had a PSU killed by another company's product so I contacted Corsair to see if I could pay for repair rather than trashing it and they RMA'd it anyway at no cost to me.

I still recommend reading reviews on individual products though as even the best brands have lemons and vice versa.

Zygomorphic
07-31-2012, 07:47 PM
Very very true! thanks for the clarification, and I will keep it in mind in the future! :) The level of service you say that Corsair has is exceptional...wishing all vendors were that nice! :)