PDA

View Full Version : G75 going black screen when I added memory

Rifain
08-03-2012, 09:13 PM
Hi,
My first thread so a big Bonjour to you all.
I just bought a G75 with a standard memory of 8g. The laptop works fine. I bought 2*4go more but I have a problem.
I've installed the 2 ram, but then the laptop doesn't boot up, the screen is black, the keyboard doesn't switch on and I don't even have access to the bios.
However, if I put only one ram on the higher slot, it works (so with 12go of ram). If I put the same ram on the lower slot, the laptop doesn't work.
I guess the rams are fine but this slot is defective. Do you think that's the problem ? Have anyone here met the same issue ?
Thanks.

cl-scott
08-03-2012, 09:56 PM
Try moving different RAM modules into that slot, and if the unit does not boot when something is in that slot, but will boot if that same memory module is in any other slot, then yes, that sounds like a bad motherboard. If the unit is under warranty you can certainly submit it for repair.

marco
08-06-2012, 02:32 PM
<Hi, i been on the shop with the computer and the problem woes me ... I don t push the barrette on the slot (afraid to broken;;;;) . I am a good chef but no really good technician. But i any case i have to buy oder RAM because the first one are DDR3 1333 and in my machine i have DDR3 1600 and no same the games woes slow, so i buy again 8 Giga RAM but 1600 and now is ok. Thx for the unser.

Marco

marco
08-06-2012, 02:35 PM
Hi,
My first thread so a big Bonjour to you all.
I just bought a G75 with a standard memory of 8g. The laptop works fine. I bought 2*4go more but I have a problem.
I've installed the 2 ram, but then the laptop doesn't boot up, the screen is black, the keyboard doesn't switch on and I don't even have access to the bios.
However, if I put only one ram on the higher slot, it works (so with 12go of ram). If I put the same ram on the lower slot, the laptop doesn't work.
I guess the rams are fine but this slot is defective. Do you think that's the problem ? Have anyone here met the same issue ?
Thanks.

Hello , i have same probleme but is just you have to push more strong the memory. My self i been on shop with computer to no broken nothing. In shop the now better.

Marco