PDA

View Full Version : G55 backpack question

aeon1818
08-04-2012, 03:46 PM
Hello,

I was wondering if any G55VW owners here have a Timbuk2 H.A.L bag. Does it fit the G55VW dimensions?
Also, I'd be happy to get some recommendation for high quality bags to hold this beast.
I'm a computer science student, so I'm looking for a bag big enough to hold the laptop, its AC adapter, notebooks / books etc.

Thanks in advance!

Zygomorphic
08-04-2012, 06:18 PM
Swissgear makes some excellent bags, as does Targus. Check your local Samsclub, they often have nice Swissgear bags on for a very reasonable price. I have one and I used my G53 with it. Targus makes the 17 XL, which will hold everything. One review on newegg said, "it would hold a body if you needed it to." ;)

Almost Tactful
08-04-2012, 09:39 PM
I use the Everki Black Beacon, and with the laptop and my netbook I could still fit the kitchen since, this thing is huge and comes with a lifetime warranty. Got it for $100 shipped from Walmart.com

Zygomorphic
08-04-2012, 10:00 PM
Awesome buy! Those quality bags are expensive! My swissgear was $35 locally.

aeon1818
08-05-2012, 07:04 PM
Thanks for your replies, I went to stores today, checked bags but finally decided to go with the Timbuk2 H.A.L backpack.
Took the laptop with me and it fits perfectly.
So far I'm really enjoying this bag and its really big compartments, it also doesn't look bulky at all even when full.
I could fit both the laptop and its power brick without troubles and have plenty of space for books, notebooks and even my peripherals (headset, mouse etc) and it still looks pretty slim.
I'm impressed.

Zygomorphic
08-05-2012, 07:47 PM
That great! Bet you spent more than I did though! MY bag looks pretty bulky even with just the laptop and power brick in there.