PDA

View Full Version : G73Jh Driver Update Failures

MrsBlunder
08-06-2012, 05:24 AM
So, I tried updating my driver the other day. I'm not entirely sure what happened, but I ended up having to format my computer. Afterwards, I tried carefully to update it again, and this time it resulted in a BSOD. I've considered trying to update it a third time, but at this point I'm extremely leery. I made sure I had the right driver, both with the AMD detector, and manually selecting via the website.

Currently, I've had to revert to the January 2010 driver that came stock with the laptop.

Any suggestions?

By the way, this is the driver I tried to install: http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/radeonmob_win7-64.aspx. It lead to downloading the CCC mobility version 12.6. I have tried uninstalling my current driver entirely and then installing that one, which resuled in the BSOD.

kiba
08-06-2012, 10:00 AM
do you have the chastity 93vbios?

if not, what version is your vbios?

MrsBlunder
08-07-2012, 07:03 PM
Yeahhh that's beyond anything I know how to do; I'll have my father take a look at it. x.x This computer is too expensive and I can't afford to replace it if I mess something up.

kiba
08-07-2012, 08:03 PM
basically the vbios that came w/ the g73jh only works w/ the factory ASUS gpu drivers, if you want to use any of the newer drivers you have to update your vbios to chastity's 93vbios. that is probably what is going on, for me after i updated my vbios the gpu has worked like a champ.