PDA

View Full Version : G73Jh it's frustrating

pnikkosis
03-28-2011, 01:18 AM
I've been reading and reading but I had enough. I spend 1500 dls on a laptop that has too many problems. Really. And 1500 dls in my coutry it's 4 months salary.
I started with touchpad problems, reading the forums I updated all my drivers; of course, the ati 11.2 gave me bsod. So I went back to the old drivers. No fix. Updated the synaptics drivers. No fix.
Updated my bios, now it's worst than before and the enable/disable touchpad function key stopped working.

How many months it's been since this problem surfaced? and there's no fix yet?

TheOriginalTO
03-28-2011, 03:45 AM
Have you updated your vbios yet?? its different from your laptop bios.

pnikkosis
03-28-2011, 01:37 PM
No, I haven't. Cause I've read that the vbios 93 isn't oficial and works with ati drivers 10.1-10.8 (someone clarifies that it should work with newer versions of the drivers if the base code doesn't change)
So what if it changes? I get my laptop broken again? now it's version 11.2 and I still read people having issues with vbios 93 and those drivers (small bsod, and hiccups... but still issues). My video now works perfectly with the old drivers posted on the asus support site; so I won't sacrifice my graphics for the touchpad.

Chastity@ASUS
03-28-2011, 07:09 PM
The v93 vBIOS works for all drivers of 10.3 or later. There is only one person I know of complaining about GSOD issues with the new vBIOS, and it turned out to be a software issue crashing his video drivers, and not the vBIOS. So please, go ahead and update the vBIOS and your AMD drivers to get the most from your machine. Also BIOS 213 plus ATK 1.0.0008 + updated Synaptics should help with those other issues. There's a complete download package for that on my Driver & Application sticky.

pnikkosis
03-29-2011, 12:48 AM
I did update all those. The only thing I didn't update was the vbios. I updated the bios, the ATK, the synaptics and the ati drivers to 11.2 (from which I got bsod) and after updated all those, I still had touchpad problems.
So, if the vbios should only fix the bsod of the 11.2 ati drivers... I would still have the touchpad problems.

I found that the touchpad worked for a longer period of time without becoming unusable with the v14 synaptics drivers. Could this be right?

TheOriginalTO
03-29-2011, 12:53 AM
Vbios needs to be updated or you will bsod on every driver except stock / asus. Bios 213 / synaptics driver update got rid of all my trackpad / keybaord problems.

Chastity@ASUS
03-29-2011, 03:25 AM
The old vBIOS could introduce instability to ones system, so it's recommended.

Bongo
03-29-2011, 05:58 PM
I think the OP's question is still not getting answered...

We've spent a considerable amount of money on these machines for them not to work properly... What is ASUS going to offer it's consumers in return?

Is ASUS waiting for a class action lawsuit?

tnguyen733
04-29-2011, 11:56 PM
My Asus G73 is upsetting me too... brought it brand new and all I want to play is a simple game that requires 32 frames yet I still at times spike to 31 t 30 frames... I also get a fuzzy sorta of like background on my desktop when im on this forum and on my desktop default Wallpaper.

Chastity@ASUS
04-30-2011, 12:23 AM
1) check that the resolution is set to the max for the screen

2) check to make sure your vBIOS is current, as well as the BIOS.

3) After #2 is done, update to Catalyst 11.04

See the Stickies for more info and links

tnguyen733
04-30-2011, 12:24 AM
I did chastity): everythings up to date...

Chastity@ASUS
04-30-2011, 12:27 AM
If you did everything properly, and is up to date, then you could have a loose or bad LCD cable, or just a bad panel. I would take it to an RMA center or local ASP if you don't know how to open up the machine to check it.

tnguyen733
04-30-2011, 01:02 AM
whats ASP?
and yea i think im goig to RMA it. How long does the whole RMA proccess take? like sending it and them returning it?

tnguyen733
04-30-2011, 01:03 AM
im not sure if I want to RMA it cause I dont know if this is a big issue. It seems weird though cause on my HP old notebook the background of this forum actually has the grids and what not. ON my asus its just black fuzzy static. Its not noticeable unless you look closely.

Chastity@ASUS
04-30-2011, 06:24 PM
Authorized Service Provider

http://promos.asus.com/US/ASUS_NB_Warranty/NB_ANSP/index.html

They can at least look at it for you and see what is up.

quiroga
05-28-2011, 11:03 AM
i'm having problems too. I have a g53jw and it's having random bsod. SO frustrating..

INzider
06-08-2011, 10:36 AM
Any way to get a refund guys?
Im into same situation and this dosen't make any sens.

I paid way to much for this piece of crap.

Chastity@ASUS
06-08-2011, 05:15 PM
Now I have several G73/53 laptops here, and none of them exhibit this behavior. My JH has a fresh install, and the others still have the factory installs. I can only guess that I am doing something that others are not, so I will review my maintenance for these systems:

1) First thing I do is force update the Intel INF, and also update the motherboard BIOS. JH also get the vBIOS update.
2) Next I apply Win 7 SP1 Redist
3) Update the SATA drivers to Intel RST
4) Update the firmware on the HDD's (v5 for the 7200 RPM Seagates, SD25 for Momentus XT)
5) Update the other hardware drivers: Atheros or Intel WiFi, LAN, Realtelk Audio, Multifunction Reader, Fresco USB 3.0, Chicony Webcam
6) I remove Asus AutoUpdate
7) I remove any Asus apps I do not use, and update the ones I do. (P4GH, I use .37 for JH/JW models, and latest for SW)

INzider
06-08-2011, 05:36 PM
Thx I will try that!
I really just want the laptop to work.
This is so sad it can't be real.

I'm on way.

Chastity@ASUS
06-08-2011, 06:23 PM
Correction: Apparently the Intel RST drivers may be causing people to fail when trying to wake up from sleep/hibernate, so I would like to suggest the Intel RST drivers as optional. Of course, you can try them and see if you have this issue.