PDA

View Full Version : Where do I buy the Blu Ray Player for my G75?

Woots
08-06-2012, 08:55 PM
Does anyone have a link to a place I can buy the blu ray player for my G75?:confused:

Also, what is the exact model number of this part?

TIA

john_from_ohio
08-06-2012, 09:37 PM
There are a bunch of compatible ones ... I guess some people like the sony ... the least expensive one ( and the one I put in mine ) is this one:

Panasonic UJ240 6x Blu-ray Burner BD-RE/8x DVD±RW DL SATA Drive

I bought mine from amazon

Woots
08-06-2012, 09:40 PM
There are a bunch of compatible ones ... I guess some people like the sony ... the least expensive one ( and the one I put in mine ) is this one:

Panasonic UJ240 6x Blu-ray Burner BD-RE/8x DVD±RW DL SATA Drive

I bought mine from amazon

Ahh thanks for heads up didn't know it was that easily interchangeable with any laptop bd drive

did you bother popping the cover plate off of the old drive and putting it on the bd drive? (for aesthetics?) Or did you just keep the full black panasonic faceplate?

john_from_ohio
08-06-2012, 11:52 PM
did you bother popping the cover plate off of the old drive and putting it on the bd drive? (for aesthetics?) Or did you just keep the full black panasonic faceplate?

I don't know about how interchangeable but ... at least a couple of them ... for sure.

My panasonic cover ( bezel ? ) was black and looks fine on my laptop so no I did not bother.

Of course now that I have it I never use it for blue ray ... "but I could"!

Woots
08-07-2012, 12:25 AM
Of course now that I have it I never use it for blue ray ... "but I could"!

This has been the factor holding me back from even bothering. Even on my main PC i never burn blu ray data discs. It's just external storage is so cheap these days it seems I never can be bothered to buy media anymore and burn discs.

I kinda just want a better drive in this laptop though for completion purposes since I bought the best buy version.