PDA

View Full Version : Insoluble problem with keyboard?

hiszpas
03-28-2011, 06:49 PM
Hi, first of all i'm sorry for my incorrect english ;)
Back to the point...
few days ago i have problem with kb. CTRL Key gets randomly "pressed" itself... But i don't doing this. I've checked this prob. on external keyboard. I've been looking for solution on other forums.... vainly... It's annoying because to temporarily i have to log out and log in. During the game (;) ) it gets more frustrating. In addition ive turned off sticky keys ... without effect.
Any solution is appreciated :)

Chastity@ASUS
03-28-2011, 07:13 PM
Do you have any of the Windows Assistance applications activated?

xeromist
03-28-2011, 07:17 PM
Which game is having the problem? Sometimes the game itself can cause the problem.

hiszpas
03-28-2011, 07:18 PM
no i dont, but i can activate it if needed

hiszpas
03-28-2011, 07:19 PM
its not connected with any game, its going randomly: during web browsing, gaming, typing on chat... whatever

hiszpas
03-29-2011, 03:07 PM
can anyone help me? im pi**ed totally off.. :/ i have checked computer with antimalwares and antiviruses... deep clean...
hmmm how do i know if i have recovery partition in my comp? maybe i should reinstall win7? hmm in disk manager i have partition zero (20GB) but i cant assign letter and access to data. Does it recovery partition?

xeromist
03-29-2011, 03:54 PM
Yes, that sounds right. To access recovery mode you press F9 when it is booting.

If you still want to try something else before starting over then I would uninstall & reinstall the drivers for the keyboard and touchpad (use the latest touchpad drivers while you're at it).

When you used the external keyboard & mouse, did you disable the onboard ones? If you didn't then you could still get the random keystrokes because all devices are active at the same time.

hiszpas
03-29-2011, 04:13 PM
thx for info :)
so u suggest to disable both 'internal' kb and touch pad? under Device Manager?..

xeromist
03-29-2011, 06:26 PM
If you want to _test_ with external KB & mouse, yes. That won't be good long term to haul an extra keyboard when you want to take your laptop on holiday though. :)

However I still recommend uninstalling the keyboard & touchpad drivers & software before doing a restore. It will be much faster if it works and you will not lose data or settings.

hiszpas
04-26-2011, 02:46 PM
i must say that my problem have solved itself. Since my last post, the random software ctrl self-pressing just stopped. I have just reistalled touchpad drivers and ATK drivers from Asus support website. Thats all. Btw the problem still occurs but not so frequently like before.

irdmoose
04-26-2011, 06:40 PM
Dumb diagnostic question, but have you tried booting to a Linux Live CD (like Ubuntu) to see if the problem is related to your installation of Windows? If not, then I'd give that a shot and see if your keys start acting up again. If it does it on the Live CD then you have a bad keyboard, if not then you might just think about reinstalling Windows.

Give it a shot and let us know!