PDA

View Full Version : DVD not recognized?

Fanty
08-07-2012, 06:48 PM
I wanted to install an really old game on my new G75: Medieval 2 Total War.
Just because I wanted to see how it looks like with 3D glasses and I ran into a problem:

I can install it fine from the DVD, but when I start it, it doesnt recognise the DVD but asks me to put the right DVD into the drive.

DOH!

I tested it on my old G73 and it was fine.
Well, that game isnt that important to me anymore, but still I say: WTF? Will this happen to new games aswell?

I mean, I was quiet anoyed by a million problems with the old G73, but it was all the ATI Gfx. So I thought, G75 having a NVidia card = all is fine.

Now I payed 2000 Euros for a laptop wich has the crappiest sound I ever had (hope they fix this) and it doesnt recognise a gaming DVD too. What is next? :mad:

Shawnnepc
08-07-2012, 10:53 PM
I wanted to install an really old game on my new G75: Medieval 2 Total War.
Just because I wanted to see how it looks like with 3D glasses and I ran into a problem:

I can install it fine from the DVD, but when I start it, it doesnt recognise the DVD but asks me to put the right DVD into the drive.

DOH!

I tested it on my old G73 and it was fine.
Well, that game isnt that important to me anymore, but still I say: WTF? Will this happen to new games aswell?

I mean, I was quiet anoyed by a million problems with the old G73, but it was all the ATI Gfx. So I thought, G75 having a NVidia card = all is fine.

Now I payed 2000 Euros for a laptop wich has the crappiest sound I ever had (hope they fix this) and it doesnt recognise a gaming DVD too. What is next? :mad:

I have the same problem. MTW: II has a load of issues in general.

I actually had to repurchase the digital steam version of the game because the launcher bugs out

BTW did you see that they're remaking ROME TOTAL WAR?

So excited! :D

http://www.totalwar.com/en_us/romeII/

xeromist
08-08-2012, 02:24 PM
Some older games look for the disc in a specific drive or drives. If your optical drive letter was higher than about E: they wouldn't be able to see the disc. Not sure if that is your issue but it's worth looking into.