PDA

View Full Version : G74sx Warranty Transferable?

kslay
08-07-2012, 09:24 PM
So I might want to sell my G74sx-rh71. Is the warranty transferable? I have about 6 months left on it.
If so how would I go about doing it. (So I can give the buyer the instructions).

Example Dell has a website (can't remember it) where someone would put in pertinent information and then they would transfer the warranty over.

Idestruction
08-07-2012, 09:29 PM
It would probably be best to give Asus a call and find out. I have not heard of anything like what you mentioned with the Dell warranties. And are you talking about the accidental damage warranty or the standard warranty that every Asus laptop gets?

kslay
08-07-2012, 09:35 PM
It would probably be best to give Asus a call and find out. I have not heard of anything like what you mentioned with the Dell warranties. And are you talking about the accidental damage warranty or the standard warranty that every Asus laptop gets?

Just the standard I guess. I don't remember paying extra. So I guess they call it the 1 year global warranty.

http://www.dell.com/support/retail/us/en/19/ownershiptransfer/IdentifySystem

Thats the link for Dell ownership tag transfer.

Shawnnepc
08-07-2012, 11:00 PM
Yes.

Your warranty is tied to the units serial number.

Accidental warranty doesn't transfer though. Unless you provide the new buyer with your proof of purchase.

This may be waived by ASUS but it will depend on your case

kslay
08-08-2012, 12:52 AM
Yes.

Your warranty is tied to the units serial number.

Accidental warranty doesn't transfer though. Unless you provide the new buyer with your proof of purchase.

This may be waived by ASUS but it will depend on your case

Sweet. So really I would not have to do anything except let the buyer know when I purchased it. Then he/she can register the product? I have registered with Asus already. So I guess they would know when the unit was purchased?