PDA

View Full Version : Where do I buy replacement rubber feet for G75?

Woots
08-08-2012, 01:37 PM
I realized just yesterday that one of the feet on the front left side of my laptop is missing.

I probably could buy some black rubber matting and jury rig a home made replacement foot pad (cut out a triangle shape with an exacto knife)... But i prefer to just buy a proper replacement if they are sold anywhere.

Any help is appreciated.

ushhh
08-09-2012, 06:19 AM
im getting mine from the asus service centre ordered them last week should be here any day now

kiba
08-09-2012, 06:58 AM
lol, this same thing happened to my G73 when i first got it, i found it in the laptop bag and glued it on with gorrilla glue, its still stuck on there =]

Woots
08-09-2012, 05:41 PM
im getting mine from the asus service centre ordered them last week should be here any day now

http://us.estore.asus.com/

You buy them from here?

The site is currently offline for maintenance. I will have to try later.

lol, this same thing happened to my G73 when i first got it, i found it in the laptop bag and glued it on with gorrilla glue, its still stuck on there =]

Yea I had the same thought as well...I checked the bottom of my laptop bag 1st in hopes I would get lucky (to no avail). Then I tried all the seat cushions around my place... no luck there either. That lil foot is MIA.

Thanks for tip on gorilla glue I will buy some when I sort this new foot out.

Woots
08-10-2012, 09:12 PM
Since the store is offline and I can't seem to find replacement feet through 3rd party vendors... I went out and bought a 1/4" thick rubber sheet and used and exacto knife to cut out my own custom foot and glued it in there.

It works like a charm even if I told someone what I did they would never tell the difference I think I nailed it perfectly.

If this happens to anyone else.. remebr 1/4" thick rubber is the thickness you need (at least for the 2 front feet on the G75)

Ricky
01-18-2013, 02:24 PM
Since the store is offline and I can't seem to find replacement feet through 3rd party vendors... I went out and bought a 1/4" thick rubber sheet and used and exacto knife to cut out my own custom foot and glued it in there.

It works like a charm even if I told someone what I did they would never tell the difference I think I nailed it perfectly.

If this happens to anyone else.. remebr 1/4" thick rubber is the thickness you need (at least for the 2 front feet on the G75)
LoL, I got this problem. But I lost two rubber feet. They just stick it with double tape which caused every ROG user can be happened this problem.

Pitcher@asus
01-22-2013, 08:24 AM
i think this question already so many people asked, you can search ROG forum.

trieuan10
01-22-2013, 11:10 AM
Damn! I just brought it to Asus for warranty this afternoon. And the agent told me to buy an eraser, cut it in triangle shape, and replace my missing laptop feet.

aximander
03-19-2013, 02:51 PM
It's too bad they won't cover those under warranty. I lost 2 within a couple months. The store doesn't have them listed at all for the G75. Something like replacing these once would be good PR. But as I read about ASUS repairs I'm thinking maybe they don't care much about that.

Clintlgm
03-19-2013, 04:17 PM
I think since we are having so many of these request that ASUS should make a source for these replacements items very simple thing to do for PR

Kawazu
03-19-2013, 05:25 PM
See my post here.
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?27909-G75-Purchased-Brand-New-on-January-13th-MISSING-RUBBER-FEET/page2

Caveat
11-07-2013, 03:53 PM
Just an update for others seeking these replacements, I got a notification from an ASUS rep that they are finally restocked in the US store:

PN: 13GN2V10L-G75
URL: http://us.estore.asus.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=5944

Hope this helps others as it seems that no one else carries these.