PDA

View Full Version : NVIDIA driver v305.53 for Windows 7/Vista 64bit

MaXimus711
08-09-2012, 08:14 AM
http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/topic/29693-v30553-windows-7vista-64bit-nvidia/

Additionally, download PhysX v 9.12.0613 (http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/9.12.0613/PhysX-9.12.0613-SystemSoftware.msi)

Instructions for installation

1) Download the nv_disp.inf from the thread I posted, right click and choose SAVE AS. MAKE SURE it only reads nv_disp.inf and not nv_disp.inf.txt, if it was nv_disp.inf.txt, just rename it and remove the TXT part

2) Copy the nv_disp.inf file to the extracted drivers folder in the Display.Driver directory

3) Install the driver, then select CLEAN INSTALL checkbox to ensure it removes the previous driver

4) Reboot your computer, then install the PhsyX as those are only the drivers and you must install PhysX

http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/4287/nvidiadriverinstallatio.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/854/nvidiadriverinstallatio.png/)

mrwolf
08-09-2012, 08:26 AM
Nice ! Man you should jus change ur name to Mr.Driver lol.. So, we have to install Nvidia driver first, then PhysX after..?
Thanks

MaXimus711
08-09-2012, 08:49 AM
I am obsessed with having the latest drivers :(

1) Download the nv_disp.inf from the thread I posted, right click and choose SAVE AS. MAKE SURE it only reads nv_disp.inf and not nv_disp.inf.txt, if it was nv_disp.inf.txt, just rename it and remove the TXT part

2) Copy the nv_disp.inf file to the extracted drivers folder in the Display.Driver directory

3) Install the driver, then select CLEAN INSTALL checkbox to ensure it removes the previous driver

4) Reboot your computer, then install the PhsyX as those are only the drivers and you must install PhysX

Check the original post for an image of the installation options I choose

mrwolf
08-09-2012, 09:27 AM
Wow nicce 1 bro, thanks for the instructions lol.. Btw what does this inf file do..?

And also i know i always ask sorry, but i take it before i go through with your instructions i should delete my old drivers right? But do i delete them through device manager? or do i delete them from control panel - uninstall program?

lol before i came on this forum i used to just install it normally over my old ones like a noob :s

Thanks again, im finnishin work in 30 mins gna go home whack this on :)

c_man
08-09-2012, 09:35 AM
This driver will make 3dmark11 a little better and Vantage a little worse. I have tested it already. In game there is no difference that one can notice.

Zygomorphic
08-09-2012, 10:11 AM
+1 rep @MaXimus711! That was a great guide as to how to install the nVidia drivers and not the nVidia trash. :) Keep up the good work!

Angrybrit
08-09-2012, 10:47 AM
How ? it's not even in nvidia's beta driver section...

mrwolf
08-09-2012, 10:48 AM
Yea cz maximus is G ! lol i googled it, apparently its a dev leak or sumthin, but should be up on nvidia's driver section at some point soon..

c_man
08-09-2012, 11:03 AM

GeForce beta desktop driver 305.53 was released on the NVidia developer site.

MaXimus711
08-09-2012, 11:06 AM
Wow nicce 1 bro, thanks for the instructions lol.. Btw what does this inf file do..?

And also i know i always ask sorry, but i take it before i go through with your instructions i should delete my old drivers right? But do i delete them through device manager? or do i delete them from control panel - uninstall program?

lol before i came on this forum i used to just install it normally over my old ones like a noob :s

Thanks again, im finnishin work in 30 mins gna go home whack this on :)

The inf file is a file that allows the driver to be installed on any nVIDIA card no matter what manufacturer it comes from. Since these drivers are leaked, the INF file is missing, hene, you download it manually and add it.

ALWAYS uninstall old drivers, restart, then install new ones. With nVIDIA, you can save yourself the hassle because if you tick on the CLEAN INSTALL checkbox during the installation, it will automatically remove the old drivers properly and all registry entries, then install the new ones :)

MaXimus711
08-09-2012, 11:07 AM

As the link that I posted implies, these drivers come from LaptopVideo2Go which is a very trusted site for a long time offering the latest drivers and INF files to be installed on any notebook regardless of the brand

mrwolf
08-09-2012, 11:09 AM
Ahhh nice one ! Just installed successfully, all is good.. Just wondering tho, is it normal for there not to be the nvidia tray icon anymore..? I had it before but it was pretty useless since you can access the control panel by right clicking on the desktop.. Just checkin

MaXimus711
08-09-2012, 11:16 AM
Ahhh nice one ! Just installed successfully, all is good.. Just wondering tho, is it normal for there not to be the nvidia tray icon anymore..? I had it before but it was pretty useless since you can access the control panel by right clicking on the desktop.. Just checkin

nVIDIA Tray Icon? I have never EVER had it

When I wan to access my nVIDIA Control Panel all I have to do is to right click on my desktop and choose nVIDIA Control Panel from the right click menu.

I don't know how you had it in you tray icons LOL

c_man
08-09-2012, 11:34 AM
I still have it. Does nothing, but I don't mind. It's easier to click that than get to desktop and do those clicks. It's easy to get rid of it. In Nvidia Control Panel see Desktop menu.

mrwolf
08-09-2012, 12:21 PM
Thats wierd i never EVER didnt have it :s, even before when i had my alienware i had the lil nvidia tray icon.. Anyways it doesnt matter lol, works driver seems to work perfect :)

And also last night when we were testing planetside2 everyone got a bunch of problems with the physX causing issues and making people crash after the latest dev patch.. So hopefully it will be better now with the new drivers and new physX.. will give it a go when the servers are up in a few hours n update you guys on any performance improvments as PS2 relies heavily on PhysX due to 2000 players on the map at any given time..

mrwolf
08-10-2012, 10:42 PM
Ok so i have been looking into these new drivers to see any improvements because it seems that it has dropped my Heaven benchmark score a tiny bit but that doesn't matter as i ran it again with everything on high performance and got a score a fraction more than i did with my old drivers.
Also as C_man stated: 'This driver will make 3dmark11 a little better and Vantage a little worse. I have tested it already. In game there is no difference that one can notice.'

Then i read up on how it has mainly really just added support for OpenGL 4.3.
Do you guys know of anything using this feature at the moment?

New features of OpenGL 4.3 include:
• compute shaders that harness GPU parallelism for advanced computation such as image, volume, and geometry processing within the context of the graphics pipeline;
• shader storage buffer objects that enable vertex, tessellation, geometry, fragment and compute shaders to read and write large amounts of data and pass significant data between shader stages;
• texture parameter queries to discover actual supported texture parameter limits on the current platform;
• high quality ETC2 / EAC texture compression as a standard feature, eliminating the need for a different set of textures for each platform;
• debug capability to receive debugging messages during application development;
• texture views for interpreting textures in many different ways without duplicating the texture data itself;
• indirect multi-draw that enables the GPU to compute and store parameters for multiple draw commands in a buffer object and re-use those parameters with one draw command, particularly efficient for rendering many objects with low triangle counts;
• increased memory security that guarantees that an application cannot read or write outside its own buffers into another application’s data;
• a multi-application robustness extension that ensures that an application that causes a GPU reset will not affect any other running applications.

Looks very cool :) seems to be alot of improvements here..

Also it was stated that this is only supported on certain Nvidia cards including the GTX 670M :D But there was no mention of the Mobility version (GTX670M). Can we assume that it will work on our mobility cards in the future..?

Thanks

MaXimus711
08-10-2012, 11:17 PM
Also it was stated that this is only supported on certain Nvidia cards including the GTX 670M :D But there was no mention of the Mobility version (GTX670M). Can we assume that it will work on our mobility cards in the future..?

Thanks

That's why there is a custom *inf file, if you copy that to the folder as directed by the original post, you will be able to install it on the mobile version of the GTX 670M just fine :)

Zygomorphic
08-11-2012, 01:38 AM
That's why there is a custom *inf file, if you copy that to the folder as directed by the original post, you will be able to install it on the mobile version of the GTX 670M just fine :)

That is an excellent method of installing video drivers, get the driver rather than all the clutter driven in with it. Thanks again! Honestly, I think some of this focus on benchmarks and different versions is a little excessive...like those guys with 750 vs 760 HP engines in their Ferraris. What's the difference? 750 vs 850, now we're talking something. The update that nVidia did that gave 35% bump to Skyrim some time ago was a valid benchmark improvement, but <10% is meaningless, even at low FPS.

Bundy_Drop_Bear
08-11-2012, 02:08 PM
ok I have done a clean install and all seemed to work, will now try out some games and see if i get any screen flickering (my screen flicker seems to disappear when running at 60htz and not the default 120htz that the laptop runs at) or at least the first time i opened nvid cintrol panel it was set to 120htz.

Zygomorphic
08-11-2012, 08:19 PM
Make sure that you aren't in 3D mode. 3D images flicker because the image changes enough for the user to be able to see the difference.

Bundy_Drop_Bear
08-12-2012, 12:44 AM
Ok 3d is turned off as the screen isn't displaying double images, as it dose when 3d is on, I have tried making a custom 67htz res but still happens, I may just send this in for RMA, if I can't get drivers to work properly.

Going to try 75htz and see if the flicker is there.

Zygomorphic
08-12-2012, 02:06 AM
Try the ASUS sanctioned drivers and see what happens. If the problem goes away, the problem is with the drivers and not with the hardware. There is always the potential for hardware incompatibilities.

deepcool0922
08-13-2012, 04:17 PM
Hi. This driver support GTX660M?

c_man
08-13-2012, 05:17 PM
Yes it does.