PDA

View Full Version : Best cooling mat/chill mat for G75

mrwolf
08-09-2012, 05:31 PM
Alright so finally downloaded the Furmark application and did the standard burn in test for 15minutes.
I got a burn in score of 1464 and max temperature of 85degrees (my room temp is about 22degrees). I did a bit of searching on the forums here and i have come to the conclusion that this is relatively normal and that my laptop is not defective.. Is this correct?
Btw i have never hit anything close to that while playing games, max i ever hit was 75degrees while gaming.

This got me wondering weather i should invest in a cooling mat just to be on the safe side.. Any suggestions on the best product for my notebook? I want something for keeping on my desk btw not on my lap as i might be playing for few hours.

Thanks

mrwolf
08-09-2012, 11:51 PM
I found the perfect solution with real results on the a similar system, the G73 :D

For all you guys experiencing high temps, this looks like it would help quite a bit, although it seems to have a better affect on the CPU but still brings down the GPU temp by 8 degrees which can be quite significant..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xv8lr0rUzk&feature=related

ImperfectLink
08-10-2012, 02:34 AM
I don't think the air intake is at the bottom though. So would that really help?

Edit: Looks like it is at the bottom/front.

c_man
08-10-2012, 07:30 AM
Cooler Master are good coolers, but noisy.

mrwolf
08-10-2012, 09:12 AM
i know that there are a few air intakes at the bottom for the CPU i believe but do you guys know where the GPU air intake is if there is one..?
Either way it would make a difference as there would be more airflow

c_man
08-10-2012, 12:51 PM
I'll try to get a Cooler Master and do a test for you tonigh. I have my G75 in a very hot room, I'm not sure it will help that much.

mrwolf
08-10-2012, 02:01 PM
Amazing bro, that would be helpful as i would know weather to buy it or not when i get back to london thanks. The main reason i want it is because at the moment im in dubai in a very very chilled, air conditioned room.. But that is not the case back home lol :/

Anyways let me know how it goes :)

Daylife
08-10-2012, 03:16 PM
Does the G75 even need a cooling mat?

c_man
08-10-2012, 03:19 PM
I think not.

c_man
08-10-2012, 04:08 PM
I have done the testing using a Cooler Master X3 I think.

Prime and Furmark, there is no real difference with or without it.

mrwolf
08-10-2012, 05:53 PM
Hmm.. thats unfortunate :( it might be because your system is super cool anyways hitting 70degrees with 755 overclock lol..

But yea thanks for the test, im not gonna waste money with that then as my GPU maxes out at 85degrees on furmark and never goes past 75 when gaming so i guess its really not necessary..

Nemeth
08-12-2012, 02:43 PM
Also tested it with the Cooler Master X3, and there's absolutely NO difference at all...all you get are more noise ;)

UltimaRage
08-12-2012, 08:10 PM
I've thought about getting extra covers for the bottom, but I wouldn't know where to get them. Then, the additional covers could be modified by adding vents with dust filters while keeping the original parts unmodified.

Then you'd see some large improvements with cooling pads.

mrwolf
08-12-2012, 11:56 PM
@UltimaRage: How would that work..? Care to elaborate?

Holy
08-13-2012, 12:03 AM
its basically case modding so the fans can intake the air more efficiently.
one example i can think of is when you cut a hole in the back panel and add mesh in that hole. you could then ram more air into the laptop via that mesh hole.

Zygomorphic
08-13-2012, 01:15 AM
Hmm.. thats unfortunate :( it might be because your system is super cool anyways hitting 70degrees with 755 overclock lol..

But yea thanks for the test, im not gonna waste money with that then as my GPU maxes out at 85degrees on furmark and never goes past 75 when gaming so i guess its really not necessary..

Sounds like you are good to go! I use a cooling pad simply because I bought one for my old computer, and it helps slightly...mostly on idle, where the noise in a quiet room is more likely to be noticed. Since your hardware is working, please join my group! :cool:

rob350
08-13-2012, 01:55 AM
Does the G75 even need a cooling mat?

I asked the same question a month or two ago and most answers were simply that its cooling is good enough to not really need one.
Found a at the most 2 degree C difference with a cooling pad(while under load), so i took it back.

May end up buying one again but either simply a cheap one so that I can put it on my lap and still have some air flow underneath, or the type that you can angle it so it will sit up beside my monitor so when im using it as my desktop computer i can do dual monitor kind of a set up.

Zygomorphic
08-13-2012, 10:19 AM
I asked the same question a month or two ago and most answers were simply that its cooling is good enough to not really need one.
Found a at the most 2 degree C difference with a cooling pad(while under load), so i took it back.

May end up buying one again but either simply a cheap one so that I can put it on my lap and still have some air flow underneath, or the type that you can angle it so it will sit up beside my monitor so when im using it as my desktop computer i can do dual monitor kind of a set up.

That is about why I have mine, it puts the keyboard at a nicer angle. Still the 5 degree incline is nice when you consider that most laptops have no natural tilt to them at all...