PDA

View Full Version : Intel 6200 question for those who have one

Idestruction
08-10-2012, 06:24 AM
Quick question guys. I am sure you are tired of seeing me ask questions about this (ha!) but I have one more quick question. I am getting a new card from the seller that sold me my original card due to the fact that the card did not work in my G73Sw. Now, my question is, what is the model number of the card you have (if you have one)? Is it 622ANHMW? I have seen somewhere else (i think it was notebookreview.com) that people with Asus brand laptops could not get this model of 6200 to work...

What is the model of your Intel 6200 if you have one?

DrBeltway
08-11-2012, 04:59 AM
6230 here. No problems. As a matter of fact, Intel just released updated BlueTooth drivers/software which I believe is compatible with Win8.

I think I mentioned this before but be aware that there is a serious counterfeiting problem with Intel wireless modules. If you get another flaky module, I would suggest getting in touch with Intel and letting them know your situation. Maybe they can help you identify whether the module is genuine or not.

Idestruction
08-11-2012, 05:55 AM
Thanks for the heads up. I thought this problem was just from 2 years ago or so when people were selling remarked ES cards on eBay and amazon... ill keep this in mind. I wonder what the difference is between the different names. Like 622ANHMW and 622ANHWWB (or whatever that one is)