PDA

View Full Version : Problems with VLC and Spotify

vetalas
08-12-2012, 11:57 AM
I'm having a couple of issues with my new Phoebus sound card.

I normally use VLC a lot, but out of the box I have no sound at all no matter what file I play.
In Spotify I get this message; "There is a problem with you sound car. Spotify can't play music"

Why is that, and do you know a solution for this problem?

Any news on new drivers, as I think it's really needed!

Benshee
11-09-2012, 09:46 PM
Hi,

i already have the some problem with Spotify. Even it works for the first time, when i reboot my system i get every time the same error message :(

could everyone help us?

thanks a lot :)

Benshee

Glasofruix
11-09-2012, 10:18 PM
Uninstall the driver, make sure the card is properly inserted in the PCI-E slot and that the power connector is not unseated somewhere, do a driver sweeper in safe mode for realtek/via/creative/asus sound drivers. Boot up normally and reinstall the latest (beta, sadly, the new one is due this month according to the asus guy) driver.

WTC
11-10-2012, 04:54 AM
The first thing I would try is install the HW without the ASUS software package. The card should work fine with Windows default driver. If VLC/Spotify do not work with that, the problem is in hardware. If those work with Windows default driver but not with ASUS driver package, there should be a software conflict somewhere.

Glasofruix
11-10-2012, 08:54 AM
Also, the onboard audio card should be deactivated in BIOS.

KILLER_K
11-13-2012, 04:28 AM
Could also try another pci-e slot. Or uninstall the drivers and do a registry clean. I like youruninstaller myself. But then turn off the pc remove the sound card, boot up and then shut down the pc and reinstall the sound card. And as noted disable the onboard sound in the bios. Make sure to uninstall those drivers if you have them installed also. Thanks

aaronlee
01-24-2018, 04:03 AM
Hey, maybe you can download your Spotify Music offline (http://www.tunefab.com/tutorials/how-to-listen-to-spotify-offline-without-premium.html) so that you can enjoy your Spotify Music on VLC.