PDA

View Full Version : ThunderFX mic volume really low

Kyouqt
08-12-2012, 03:46 PM
I tried connecting my headset to the ThunderFX device yesterday. The Output works perfectly whereas the input is way too low. I set the microphone volume to max but I still am quiet.
A friend of mine said it sounds like I am ten meters away from my headset. If i connect the mic to the onboard jack it works fine(although i have to use the mic boost).

Is there any way to further increase the mic input while using ThunderFX? Information about the ThunderFX is scarce so I don't really know what to do.

Edit: After testing two other headsets I found out that the Steelseries SiberiaV2 I use now is the problem here. If I connect my old headset I can hear myself loud and clear because that one doesn't need a microphone boost. Is there any other way to further boost the microphone?

Ardox
09-17-2012, 10:11 AM
Did you find a solution to this problem? I got the same problem with the exact same headset (Steelseries Siberia v2). Would be really nice if the people I am talking to, actually could hear me ;)

Kyouqt
09-17-2012, 11:14 AM
Nope didn't find a solution. Still have the microphone jacked into the onboard sound. It's a bit sad that there isn't a microphone boost avaiable for the ThunderFX. Would really love to use it since the quality is a tad bit better than onboard but oh well.

ganji
09-17-2012, 07:10 PM
i use roccat kaves with my v-formula's onboard n mic has to be full plus full boost. i had an x-fi titanium b4 and never had this problem so i may just get another sound card. seems the only option.

DeXaX
09-17-2012, 08:05 PM
happens to me as well, the microphone does not work and I have the same headphones.
I've also read that other people feel the same, the microphone does not work in thunderfx.

Any solution, though?
My microphone is Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Asus did anyone say anything?
Do I have to RMA process?
We have sold a device that does not work and give us a solution.
I do not think anything serious.

Ardox
09-19-2012, 07:05 PM
Would be REALLY sweet if some of the ASUS staff would give a comment to this problem. I am kind of dissapointed that I have to use onboard sound, now that I have purchased the thunderfx :p

Cerius
11-01-2012, 06:41 PM
ThunderFX mic volume really low :mad:

bamboodia
11-13-2012, 11:15 AM
Same problem here too.
I'm a big fan of the rog brand but the fact there has been no response to this problem on the forums is a bit of a let down.
Come on asus, help a brother out.

Pauloman
11-17-2012, 05:18 PM
Same problem here, microphone not working.

Sennheiser PC360 G4ME headset

denis_fdrv
12-06-2012, 10:09 PM
+1 on Sennheiser PC360 G4ME :(