PDA

View Full Version : Problem with 3d on my g74sx

ravincia
08-13-2012, 05:03 PM
I have the 3d model of the g74sx, and the 3d works fine when its only on the internal display. But when i hook it up to another moniter, things go wonky (i dont use the other monitor for 3d - all 3d video i run are solely on the internal 3d display). The nvidia stereoscopic 3d setup even hangs when i have another monitor connected to the g74sx. When i boot games (garena HoN), the game cant even load properly when monitors other than the built in 3d monitor is connected. To clarify, i am viewing all 3d content via the built in 3d display and i have the latest drivers and all that. Anybody know the reason why the 3d gives problems when an external monitor is connected (even though im not using the external monitor for 3d)? Is there any way to fix this?

ravincia
08-13-2012, 05:12 PM
One more thing, i cant seem to get 3d videos on youtube to work even when im only connected to the internal display. Anyone knows how to do so?

PILGRIM
08-13-2012, 05:32 PM
I haven't tried using 3D Mode via an external display.
But have you tried setting up the Stereoscopic 3D in
nVidia Control Panel into 3D Vision Discover?..

ravincia
08-13-2012, 11:43 PM
Im am not trying to view 3d on an external display. i am viewing all my 3d content through the internal display. its just that when there is a external monitor connected to the g74sx, the 3d on the internal display starts to give problems.

PILGRIM
08-14-2012, 07:17 AM
One more thing, i cant seem to get 3d videos on youtube to work even when im only connected to the internal display. Anyone knows how to do so?

You might want to take a look at this link: http://blogs.nvidia.com/2011/05/youtube-now-in-3d-vision/

Im am not trying to view 3d on an external display. i am viewing all my 3d content through the internal display. its just that when there is a external monitor connected to the g74sx, the 3d on the internal display starts to give problems.

Could it be that there's a conflict of the Refresh Rates between your internal display
and the connected external display? As we know, 3D Mode on the laptops internal display
should be 120 Hz. Does your external display also has 120 Hz Refresh Rate?

Okay, so I've tried to duplicate your issue by connecting a 2D 60 Hz external monitor via VGA port,
to my G74 in 3D Mode. Findings: In the nVidia Control Panel, the stereoscopic 3D display type changed
from "ASUS 3D Vision laptop" to "Generic CRT display", as soon as external monitor was connected.
The result was that the internal monitor displayed in 2D Mode even while the IR emitter was turned on.
Also, the external monitor has that "wonky" display (to borrow your terminology).

When I disconnected the external display, the internal monitor went back to 3D Mode.
So, my guess is that the GPU finds it conflicting when the internal monitor- while in 3D Mode,
has another 2D external monitor connected.

ravincia
08-14-2012, 09:33 AM
Hmmm, the refresh rates could be the cause of it. I'm currently hooked up to an acer led monitor running at 60hz. I'll try to set my internal display to 60hz as well and see if it fixes the problem. Do you know of any other way around this problem?

Oh, and i still cant seem to get 3d running on youtube still. I checked the website for the requirements, and that doesnt seem to be the problem. I tried using both mozilla firefox and google chrome to view youtube on the html5 3d, but i still cant get it to work. Youtube properly converts the video to 3d though, but what i noticed is that my g74sx does not have the 3d light on when i'm viewing youtube (the light is on when i'm playing games). Could it be that my g74sx isnt recognizing that youtube is streaming in 3d?

And much thanks to you, PILGRIM, for trying to help me out.

ravincia
08-14-2012, 09:38 AM
Alright, setting the internal display to 60hz seems to fix the issue about my games crashing when an external display is on. Still cant get youtube 3d to work though.

PILGRIM
08-14-2012, 02:33 PM
Alright, setting the internal display to 60hz seems to fix the issue about my games crashing when an external display is on. Still cant get youtube 3d to work though.

Glad to hear you found a workaround for it.
YouTube is still banned here in China, so I haven't had any
experience with that YouTube 3D yet.
Perhaps someone who has would chime in?..