PDA

View Full Version : 100 Words 2 Win 1 Of 3 ThunderFX

_
08-14-2012, 07:03 AM
We’re giving away 3 ThunderFX USB sound devices and all you have to do is drop us a few words! They will work with any PC, notebook, and even your Xbox 360 or PS3.

http://rog.asus.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/ThunderFX-giveaway.jpg

Drop us up to 100 words in this forum thread on the following topic:

“What are your thoughts on the features & specification of the Maximus V Formula?”

Not sure where to start? Click here for more information about the Maximus V Formula/ThunderFX (http://rog.asus.com/motherboard/formula/maximus-v-formulathunderfx/). Competition closes on August 31st.

DeadOfKnight
08-14-2012, 08:45 AM
I think the new board is great for gamers. In fact, I think this is the best Intel board yet for gamers! There are so many features packed into this board! However, I do have a few critical thoughts that should be considered for the next generation:

1. There is no PS/2 port. This is an essential feature for full N-key rollover support present in most gaming keyboards. I understand there was little space with the new mPCIe combo module, but I also don't think most people buying this motherboard will really make use of this. The mPCIe module makes a lot of sense for the mATX GENE that will likely be toted around to LAN events, but most people with a budget for this mobo will already have an SSD and most likely use a direct ethernet connection. If they really need wireless support, they can get it without this module.

2. eATX. This motherboard has the perfect layout for a "formula" motherboard. It's not built for extreme 3 or 4-way multi-GPU configs like the Extreme, but it has an ideal PCIe slot configuration for dual-GPU which is extremely common among gamers. The only problem I see here is that many of those who can't really fit more than 2 graphics cards in their cases also don't have a case designed to fit more than a standard ATX motherboard. This means that many who are interested in buying this motherboard would be forced to step down to a GENE. I mean, I know it's not a true full eATX board, but I just think it does limit options somewhat. Again, I think this might have been necessary to fit in the mPCIe module which, while it is a nifty gadget, could have been left out and the cost savings passed down to us gamers.

3. I have read advertisements for this motherboard that suggest it has EAX support, but it does not come bundled with the Creative software for this feature. Could this have been an oversight? Was it assumed that most people would want the ThunderFX version and have no use for integrated sound? I find that hard to believe given how much time and effort went into SupremeFX IV. The Sound Blaster X-Fi MB2 software suite should have been at least optional for this board. In fact, this is something you might still be able to offer to current owners in the future.

4. Fusion Thermo sounds and looks great on paper, but I don't think this feature is really worth any additional money to most gamers. I feel that if it could have been left out for added savings, that would have been ideal. Most water cooling enthusiasts will probably want to buy their own water blocks anyway, and I think air cooling would be slightly better if the heat sink had more surface area like the Maximus V Extreme. This isn't really a con though; in fact, it has probably opened up a lot more people to the idea of water cooling their rigs instead of air cooling which is pretty sweet. I just don't think it adds enough value that it should be carried over to all future ROG formula motherboards, but it's a nifty feature nonetheless.

Edit: Oops, I went over 100 words. Was that the minimum or the maximum?

_
08-14-2012, 08:58 AM
That's... 543 words :O

Good effort though!!

dedaciai
08-14-2012, 10:57 AM
I believe the Maximus V Formula offers any gamer the complete solution to get an edge on the competition. The sound from the SupremeFX IV audio will help the gamer pinpoint the location of the competition, 3-way SLI will help push as many frames as possible in the highest resolutions, and the Fusion Thermo cooling solution will help do all of the above more quietly. And last but not least, since the Maximus V Formula is a Republic of Gamers motherboard it can be guaranteed that it will be able to overclock with the best of them!

m4x2012
08-14-2012, 12:34 PM
Definitive gamer's system board have only 3 words: Maximus V Formula.

This is the ultimate solution for pro gamers, no matter if you have a PC, a console, mobility computer: the ThunderFX USB soundcard will grant you the maximum quality of sound.

Other features like mPCIe combo, aggressive look Black&Red, support for Multi-GPU configurations and ready aptitude for liquid cooling system permit to you to have an incredible OC'ing power machine to beat'em all your enemies!

If you search for a complete, reliable and next-gen proof platform for a new rig Asus Maximus V Formula with ThunderFX is the way!

JTPOWER
08-14-2012, 02:18 PM
New Water Cooling & Red Eagle Eye for Gamer; Box of Dark Thunder for Music Fanatic. Pure Art of Fusion for a Motherboard!

RonanC
08-14-2012, 02:52 PM
let the mind compute, be formless, shapeless - like water. Now you put water into the block, it becomes the cup, you put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, you put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, Maximus V FTW!

utnorris
08-14-2012, 04:36 PM
I have the MVF and love it. I am using the Fusion in my water loop and it does quite well at keeping the VRM's about 10 degrees cooler. I have not been able to use the Creative SupremeFX software since there was not a key in my box for it, so I am still working on that. I would like Asus to try a different color scheme, red and black is getting old. I always like the Rampage Black because it was a solid black, maybe Asus can look at that for future boards.

Jarzan
08-14-2012, 08:32 PM
After building systems from components for more than 15 years now, I already thought that there will be nothing that gets me "drooling" again. When unboxing the board, the 1st impression was Quality. The 2nd impression was that this is a fusion of engineering and art as the design meets both the aesthetic and technical requirements of even a demanding individual.

Now I'm just waiting my "License to Plumb" liquid cooling kit to arrive to see what are the final numbers one can tweak out from this magnificent board. This truly deserves the seal of approval, it "ROG"'s!

yarz_widowmaker
08-14-2012, 08:56 PM
Definitely and interesting concept of the dual cooling feature. Keeping the machine cool is important especially if you want to game with all of the ultra settings that are coming out these days. Its a must have when thinking of the future of gaming and heavy virtual designing. It has everything you would need to compete with other brands for a long time. As a gamer I would definitely buy this in order to put together my new desktop in the next year it will be a major step up from all the other choices out that are out in the market right now.

Kelliczek
08-14-2012, 09:08 PM
Well, where to start. So the best feature about this motherboard is Fusion Thermo Solution – finally a producer made a great implemented ´water block´ to a motherboard – we saw a lot of trials in the past (no named), but this is the best.
Another cool feature is ROG EXCHANGE – this feature is exlusive for ROG z77 and x79 MB - not running but, over the next while – it´s allows to compare your UEFI BIOS settings to somebody elses – it means you can OC without testing or
´damaging´ components. It has a lot more but – I have only 100 for the motherboard.

4Strings
08-14-2012, 09:13 PM
I personally think that the FusionThermo is an ingenious idea. I only hope (me being sort of biased towards AMD chips) that they'll also implement it in a "Crosshair VI" motherboard, too.

ChaosRay666
08-14-2012, 10:32 PM
As a OC Fan this the M5F is a beast. the simplicity to OC is a huge plus for the board. the Z77 is a feature packed chipset and this board takes it to a new level ! The Fusion Thermo is a very smart invention to satisfy the overclockers both air and water cooling in one sexy heatkiller ( hopes a replacement block with the Fusion Thermo for the CH5F will be considered). The Gamers will love this board for it's potential and all the features. overall it has the most features available for all walks of live in the pc world. the thunder FX unit is a really cool extra that will appeal to all audiophiles.

Iamazn
08-15-2012, 01:56 AM
I recently finished my first self built PC with the MVF and so far, it's amazing.
User friendliness:
The qcode on the top right is EXTREMELY helpful, especially to a first time builder like me. When my computer didn't boot, I Googled the code and was able to fix the problem instantaneously.
Features:
Not only is this board user friendly, it's also packed with features. The BIOS looks amazing and is stocked with features. Overclocking is a cinch and enabling XMP was easy as well. SupremeFX is also very nice. It works great and the "red line" LED looks awesome as well.

tripleBad
08-15-2012, 02:22 AM
To the MAX. Congrats on Asus for doing a solid job. Love the color schemes and the over all look is great. The specs are insane as well. Kudos on Asus for showing why they are the best when it comes to what guys like us want

shockwave
08-15-2012, 04:10 AM
First off, the Maximus V Formula is an amazing step in the direction of opening the world to liquid cooling. Yes, it is not a new concept, but you had to know it existed before you could learn about it. Now it's in your face and unmissable. The Formula, coupled with ThunderFX removes the issue and cost of having a discrete audio card, which when it comes down to it, price is a big factor in building a gaming rig and even more so to the new gamer. When coupled with Intel's Ivy Bridge processor, you now have eliminated the necessity of having a graphics card, because lets face it, no other on board graphics stood up. But now they do, and now entry level gaming is a thing of the past. There will be the ones with everything on-board and those with the money or the desire for bigger and better. All of these things are crucial when we look at the community as a whole. Growth is good. Cheap prices without having to spare quality, even better!

-Nick

FrostBlow
08-15-2012, 08:22 AM
Maximus V Formula has really outstanding features that cannot be found anywhere else in the world.

1) Fusion Thermo Solution
This cooling system is a great advantage for people with custom water cooling system.
Fusion Thermo Solution saves money for the water block, looks much better than the blocks from other brands, and also its performance is outstanding.

2) SupremeFX IV
This feature delivers the best audio to users, which improves the quality of game, music, movies, and so on.

3) Beautiful LEDs
Republic of Gamers logo and SupremeFX IV LEDs are just beautiful.

MVF IS SIMPLY THE BEST MOTHERBOARD

fr3d
08-15-2012, 09:02 AM
ThunderFX is the best thing i have ever see it give out quality sound and it is also really reliable because its ASUS.

BrainDedd
08-15-2012, 09:44 AM
I believe it's the best, most feature complete, legacy-free gamer board currently on the market. (And it looks great too.) :)

Downgrade
08-15-2012, 10:51 AM
Before two weeks i asked about the best gaming board
so i can start collect my new game pc,, my uncle told that i have one choice only
the MAXIMUS V FORMULA, quick i search the web what is this magnificent Board
i found this page ROG, and in YouTube i found the commercial video, I love the video by the way it's made with advanced simulating ..
and when I saw the specifications and the Look of the V formula
one word only I can say, just " WooooooW "

am from the middle east ,, I start to look if I find it anywhere, even I went to Dubai I relies
its "OUT OF STOCK" Or Not arrive yet I can't find it until now still looking..
am tried to buy it online but I want to find a site that can ship internationally..

Thank You ASUS For this Monster, Am in love with it before I buy it,,

Pleas wish for me to find it soon,,

Best Regards

GORDON
08-15-2012, 01:06 PM
Is very cool design and great cooling and good for overclocker, if only can suport my 1/2 cooling tubes. anyway thumds up!

xidrec
08-15-2012, 01:07 PM
Maximus V Formula, a perfect solution for an overclockers, essential gamers yet perfect board. with latest Fusion Thermo for a complete watercooling on the board, SupremeFX for clearer sound, max. 32GB of memory, support AMD 3 Way CrossFireX and Nvidia SLI tech will bring a detail for more than 1 monitor. with Intel 1 Gigabit LAN Controller and a Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, smacking out of annoying lag from an online game. Plus, a Bluetooth V4.0 support on this board will complete a data transfer. 6 USB 3.0 ports and 8 2.0 ports will maximize slot on this magnificent board.

more than 100 words? sorry :)

GORDON
08-15-2012, 01:11 PM
We’re giving away 3 ThunderFX USB sound devices and all you have to do is drop us a few words! They will work with any PC, notebook, and even your Xbox 360 or PS3.

http://rog.asus.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/ThunderFX-giveaway.jpg

Drop us up to 100 words in this forum thread on the following topic:

“What are your thoughts on the features & specification of the Maximus V Formula?”

Not sure where to start? Click here for more information about the Maximus V Formula/ThunderFX (http://rog.asus.com/motherboard/formula/maximus-v-formulathunderfx/).

Is very cool design and great cooling and good for overclocker, if only can suport my 1/2 cooling tubes. anyway thumds up!

ForeverGamer
08-15-2012, 02:05 PM
I feel really bad because i already own an Asus Sabertooth z77, and i really want that sexy motherboard for my new pc.
Now i am waiting for a person who might be intrested to buy my sabertooth motherboard .

The coolest feature about Maximus V Formula is Fusion Thermo, a step forward in motherboard in innovation, another great feature is SupremeFX IV a tremendous value add for a gaming oriented motherboard.
The ThunderFX is awesome! you can connect it with a tablet, a phone, even Xbox&PS3, even if i don't win i am going to buy this beast and pair it with my ASUS Vulcan Headset.

Great Job ASUS !

maktone
08-15-2012, 04:35 PM
Prepare to be blown away by the Maximus V! Because under the hood you have: LGA1155 2nd/3rd Generation support; mPCIe-combo with wi-fi; Gamefirst II for getting you that lowest ping when needed most- No lagging just fragging!. A SupremeFX IV audio processor with premium capacitors and EMI protection. With this you can hear every detail crystal clearly -don’t worry about a gamer getting the drop on you. Believe me it will be you dropping him! Then there is the Fusion-Thermo for air/water cooling. So not only does the Maximus V lower temps giving faster clocks, but has sharper looks too.

Bojamijams
08-15-2012, 08:58 PM
You should find room for a PS/2 port. Other then that, its pretty much spot on. Keep Fusion. I don't water cool anymore but will probably get back to it once I have time.

robE
08-15-2012, 09:50 PM
Hello,

Even if it`s more a Z77 Asus feature and not Maximus V formula exclusive feature, I think the most important feature which people forget is the new bios, which actually "manages" this beauty, kudos to Asus for that :cool: . A nice touch is also the mPCie combo card, WI-fi and Bluetooth even if they are not vital, these are very useful features, features which you don`t really find on other enthusiast/gamers boards which are priced similar :), also considering that Asus has a lot of positive experience with sound cards lately, can only mean that supremeFX will rock your world ;) . The only gamble feature in my opinion is the thermo-fusion because most of the regular people will still be too lazy to water-cool their pc but it`s clearly a step forward, it made me curious, anyway i think Asus tries to make water-cooling a mainstream feature, and with more tutorials/explanations i think thermo fusion can be a positive feature, but at this moment it`s a bit early to say[imo]. Overall you get everything you would want for a premium motherboard: classy looks, premium bios, best overcloking possibilities, rich features and a step forward for water-cooling, keep up the good job Asus !

MD_SAM
08-16-2012, 01:02 AM
This board is my 3rd upgrade to ROG series. starting from Maximus Formula, Rampage II Extreme and now Impressing Fusion Block board Maximus V Formula. I am from India and i believe i may be the first owner of this board since i picked up from US immediately on its release. Its been a dream come true for me to have a complete Liquid Cool loop back in my hometown.

The board is cool and great. Does provide ample space for OC. Red Line Shield does give a trademark ROG look. yes the board does have couple of issues with the bluetooth setup, non availablity of X-Fi (creative support)

Creation of ROG by asus is amazing... ROG i call it as (Rise of Generation)....Iet it be the gamers / Enthusiastic / or those who believe in asthetic looks. it does make it standout...:rolleyes:

hax0rmort
08-16-2012, 01:51 AM
ROG members get your hands on the Maximus V Formula. The perfect blend of cutting edge technology and superior attention to detail make this the ultimate gamers platform. Find a bottleneck, I DARE you!

-thanks to the US Army for making me write countless NCOERs and performance reviews.

Zygomorphic
08-16-2012, 02:10 AM
-thanks to the US Army for making me write countless NCOERs and performance reviews.

Performance reviews for what? Machine guns?? :D Hohoho! "NCOER"s - what are those?

james49245
08-16-2012, 07:46 AM
I love ROG boards. They have rock solid components and they let the user have complete control of the board. The best feature for me is the fusion thermo solution. Being able to use it as a air cooler or just plum it into your water cooler without having to buy the chipset cooler, very cool. I also like the on board bluetooth.

ixi
08-16-2012, 01:07 PM
Motherboard that you want and your friends don't want you have

MTT
08-16-2012, 03:50 PM
maximus v formula is the best motherboard for a gamer ( like me ) and it is going to be a part of my build ,,,i like every thing about it especially the military class capacitors also supreme fx 4 witch is the best audio on any MB

jinque
08-16-2012, 06:32 PM
I have the Maximus Gene V, which is very similar, and it's an awesome mobo series. Long time Asus mobo fan, first time ROG mobo, and pretty sold for life. Since this is about audio, I'll say that I don't like the Supreme FX, while better than nothing, shouldn't be a big advertised benefit of the board, especially since the Xonar line is awesome. I've previously had the low end DG, middle DX, and high end STX cards, and even the low end is better than onboard. This is why I need the ThunderFX :). Or Phoebus. 99 words!

chazamaroo
08-16-2012, 07:09 PM
The asylum has opened its doors. Something overclock-able, uber chilled, and maxed out to the extreme has stepped out. It's The Maximus V Formula. Sporting the ability to run 32GB DDR3-2800 ram with the newest and fastest Processing cores available only bring a start to the destruction this beast can offer. Dual cooling and the ability to rock out SLI and CrossFire collide with the ultimate ThunderFX audio experience. This Board brings games to life and turns your living room into a war-zone. Tread lightly folks, there is no stopping the war, but getting this board will win it.

Ry4n
08-16-2012, 07:46 PM
The 'Maximus V Formula' performs brilliantly for both PC Gamers and Console Gamers, giving you the extra edge to become a hardcore gamer. Impress your friends with water cooling system to keep your CPU cool and crisp for your overclocking needs, No need to worry about overheating, the water cooling system can keep you at ease.

Republic of Gamers has created this brilliant Motherboard, a specially for gaming for both 3rd & 2nd Generation CPU's and with a maximum 32GB ram brilliant what else can you ask for! And with SLI & Crossfire technology you can expand your PC build far more than you can imagine with supporting 3.0 & 2.0 PCIe you can expect more to your build and neither worry about Graphics ROG has got you covered!

oasis789
08-16-2012, 08:09 PM
Maximus V Formula really excites me. For one, LGA 1155 means i7-3770k, much more affordable than extreme. The Fusion Thermo Solution onboard looks like it would go pretty well with a water loop. I'd like to see some temperature benchmarks for how that would work in a bunch of different setups. Definitely enthusiast level stuff and really set apart from the rest

TheOmegaPixel
08-17-2012, 04:01 AM
The Maximus V Formula I feel is setting a brand new bench mark for versatility. The Fusion Thermo allows for enthusiasts to enjoy the ability to push their motherboard that bit further and get the best results for our games and I applaude you. Also having the mPCIe I think is a step in the right direction for gamers who can't afford the space that traditional wireless cards consume. Though one of the coolest things about the mother board is the simplisticity. It's nicely formed and well designed and hope to see these features integrated into new motherboards.

aerik81
08-17-2012, 07:30 AM
First off, thanks for holding this event for the public! I have to admit that I'm not a big computer geek. I love playing video games but I don't know much about the hardware inside the computers. This, if I were to win would be for my father. He's been looking to upgrade his computer for his birthday and I caught him looking at mbs and graphic cards on your site. He built my computer with almost all of it being Asus parts including my monitor. From what I've read on reviews for this mb its a solid piece of equipment. He knows a lot about computers and to get this for him after he's put so much time and money into my machine it would be get to see his reaction. Thanks Asus for giving us this opportunity for something great!

jewie27
08-17-2012, 07:57 AM
I really like the watercooling option on the VRM, the integrated Wifi/bluetooth, and sound quality.

Dixy3
08-17-2012, 01:42 PM
I agree the new board is great for gamers and graphic designers alike that require processor and graphics speed and demand cooling too. This new ASUS board based on the Intel chipset is the best board yet for high-speed gamers but also for those users who demand so much from computer graphics! There are so many features packed into this board that other developers have yet to consider!

ASUS has done it again, the combination of air and water cooling helps keep the temperatures down on the processor whilst allowing the user to maintain speed and graphics throughout the game. The additional sound adds to the quality of the user experience and the onboard dual band Wi-Fi and Bluetooth wireless connections reduce the need to lay messy Ethernet cables. Good to see ps/2 serial connections gone, fed up of rebooting the computer after a failed connection or error crash; the USB 3,2,1 helps instant hot swap of keyboard, mouse and additional external peripherals. The motherboard is well laid out, but I would have liked to see facilities for a new generation of graphic cards and motherboard heatsinks to allow graphics cards and memory heatsinks to be water cooled too. There is greater need to have heat removed from the motherboard to outside computer case now we are increasing speed and graphics which both generate so much heat; the sooner more liquid cooled heatsinks are available on the motherboard to pass the heat to external radiators I think the better; next generation coolers could soon be around the corner.

This motherboard is another ideal candidate for the Cooler Master HAF X case which offers the perfect combination of facilities and quality; I am looking forward to building the next gamer computer system.

akkiz1441
08-17-2012, 02:27 PM
Well, what could out performe or even come close to this BEAST. It delivers what every gamers need such as the layout and performance. Belive it or not but this literally could be used for high end gaming for the next generation of gamers and designers!

The ASUS Maximus V Formula is a product that oozes with features and overclock potential. Taking the Core i7 3770K processor towards THE 4.6~4.8 GHz REGION on air cooling simply is a fairly easy task to accomplish. Overclocking has never been so better and easier with any other rog mobo's. The new features available are superb: the Fusion Thermo Solution is brand new to mobos. It the most flexible choice for power users who wish to have more freedom when selecting cooling setups such as me:D.
I have 32 GB 1866mhz ram and it works perfectly in this mobo. I would recommed this for spec looking gamers:)
Having gtx 690 sli is amazing if paired with this mobo.
The price is my only worry. I personally think it should be lowerd to £180-ish rather than £270 but that is my personal opinion.
Also with a little tweak, asus could included more ram slots for graphic designers.

Sorry if i have written more than 100 words.
Oh forgot to add conclusion:(
IN conclusion the asus maximus v formula is superior to every gamer with high demand and maybe also high end graphic designers:D

CRViper
08-17-2012, 03:53 PM
Few main reasons why i chose Maximus V Formula as my motherboard

Fusion Thermo Solution
It's a hassle & can be costly to replace motherboard heat sinks. Having a default heat sink which allows both air / watercooling on stock makes it very attractive for me. Would be perfect if Fusion Thermo came with G1/4 threads instead of barbs.

mPCIe Combo
Not many motherboards bundle Wifi & Bluetooth together. Having it on M5F makes it value for money!

SupremeFX IV
Good quality onboard sound card instead of crappy ones typically found on other motherboards.

IToldYousSo
08-17-2012, 04:04 PM
I was just surfing amazon and I came across this magnificent piece of hardware. 3-way SLI and a ThunderFX for that price! The slick red look of the motherboard completes it. WiFi with Bluetooth. Brilliant sound quality and USB 3.0 and 2 SATA 6GB/s ports I don't think there is a better motherboard in the universe!

Heartbeat
08-17-2012, 07:25 PM
This is the one stop solution for pro gamers to get an edge on the competition. Offering many great features as possible in the highest resolutions. It has everything you need to be able to compete with other brands that I would definitely buy this being the number one choice in motherboards that is out in the market right now. And there is still room for more, I just can`t believe it.

This definitely rules all motherboards:cool:

hankt
08-18-2012, 01:42 AM
Love to be able to use this on my SDR (Software Defined Radio)!

Limbless One
08-18-2012, 02:35 AM
can i have one ....... PLEASE ;)

ParamedicSam
08-18-2012, 07:42 AM
Before I start I just want to state that whenever there is a give-a-way I notice a lot of new posters (1 post only) makes me think spammers. Okay with that said let me explain why the Maximus V Formula/ThunderFx just work perfect together.

You are pairing two great products together for one insanely low price. Then on top of that you throw in Fusion Thermo, an mPCIe combo, AND SupremeFX IV! I mean really, Asus is basically setting you up with the perfect rig; you cannot mess it up. Finally, the motherboard is backed up with great support and a great community via the ROG forum. Asus stands behind their products and it shows with the Maximus V Formula/ThunderFX.

100 words or less, this was hard lol. Wanted to add more but stick to the point. Good luck all and awesome writes.

OctBeast
08-18-2012, 08:42 AM
1)The Fact that it support 2nd/3th generation Intel if you on a tight budget don't have to buy a new chip

2)Awesome RAM frequency support (Future proof)

3)MIND BLOWING ONBOARD sound

4)Out of the box waterblock on VRM's like never before still keeping the "cool distinct ROG look"

5)LOOOOADS of accessories(everything you need)

6)Specific SATA ports to be use for data (2*Thumbs up)

7)LN2 sensor for the OVERCLOCKERS

8)Huge space between PCIe slot 1 and 2 to Sli/Xfire 3slotted graphics cards(and they Gen 3.0 complaint) :)

9)OC Protection for overclocking peace of mind

10)Wi-Fi Go, gaming in bed LOL

brahn888
08-18-2012, 09:54 AM
Maximus V is really a must have motherboard..I would definitely amaze by the intel z77 chipset. It supports 3rd generation Intel core processors, like i7, i5 and i3's. The intel z77 really provides users the ultimate pc performance,.

Edson
08-18-2012, 02:44 PM
tudo que a republic of gamers fabrica e muito bom imagina uma placa mãe Show com uma placa de video Show com um audio
loco não tem para minguem so tem para republic of gsmers ela e unicamente um Show
São tenho uma observação sobre a placa mãe não vem com uma placa de video embutida se não estou nas condição de comprar um placa de video agora o que eu fasso em obrigado

Zuelius
08-18-2012, 03:28 PM
The fist time that i heard about the Maximus V Formula I didn't believe. I thought that was a joke because that would be a new frontier of electronics. They put together the best of tecnology.
Here is some examples:
- Intel® Z77 chipset;
- Multi-GPU Support;
- Multi-VGA output support;
- 4 x USB 3.0 port(s);
- mPCIe Combo™ (mPCIe/mSATA combo card);
- SupremeFX IV built-in 7.1-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC ;
- SupremeFX Shielding™ Technology;
- ELNA premium audio capacitors;
- 1500 uF Audio Power Capacitor;
- Blu-ray audio layer Content Protection;
- 3 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16 (x16 or dual x8 or x8/x4/x4) *2
- Max. 32GB of memory.

In other words, Asus broken down barriers. Thanks a lot.

olafgarten
08-18-2012, 04:39 PM
This will be one of the best overclockers and the sound card should give great sound which many gamers oversee in their pc
config's

one thing would be to include 4 way sli as i usually have 4 gpu's (3 to drive 8k projectors, 1 to drive PhysX)

the mpcie is a good idea and also the gamefirst 2

ArthurJDurand
08-18-2012, 06:17 PM
If I win this Monster, I'd fit it with an Intel Core i7-3960X Extreme Edition Processor, Viper Xtreme Series, Division 2 Edition DDR3 8GB 2400MHz Enhanced Latency Memory Kit, ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti DirectCU II TOP/OC Borderlands 2 Edition and test its performance against the Intel Desktop Board DZ77RE-75K Extreme Series and the GIGABYTE Z77X-UP7 Motherboards with the same configuration!

When comparing the ASUS Maximus V Formula/ThunderFX to any other Motherboard, the rest come short with the Specifications and Features sported by the ASUS Maximus V Formula/ThunderFX. One can just imagine that the ASUS Maximus V Formula/ThunderFX will outperform the rest!

I've always been a fan of ASUS because of their leading innovations and technologies that rises far above those of their competetors.

Well Done ASUS!!!

DeathsHand
08-19-2012, 01:15 AM
looking at the specs. and comparing it to other MB's, the only thing to really say is Maximus V = epic win. nuff said.

bhagyeshgandhi
08-19-2012, 12:52 PM
In life if you want to have some Brave fantastic sensory input to your human body and want your circle to woo the only simple thing to do is to experieance the Maximus V formula ThunderFX.there are two things ultimately happens in life .mathematics and feeling.If you have ultimate research in maths you can have feeling in most way.This product has ultimately calculated and manufactured so that it can have the most of your feelings calibrated in strong feling scale.Enjoy Maths(science,technology and art etc)) ,Feelings(nature), and life.:cool:

chrsplmr
08-19-2012, 03:08 PM
Awesome .. I am dig'n this thread .. very clever remarks .. Cudos to all/Best of Luck to All entered.c.

Jordan91
08-20-2012, 03:50 AM
I think the Asus ROG Maximus V Mobo is absolutely just stunning, the traditional ROG Red/Black colors ALWAYS capture my eye, the shiny silver plated areas just make it even more beautiful
It can hold up to 32GB of the Best RAM which is just plenty someone would ever need.
supports SLI which is Always good for max gamers
Supports Intel which is another great CPU brand.
the Supreme FX sound is decent I believe it's on all the ROG Motherboards
It's also the worlds 1st motherboard with the Water & Air Cooling design which is just AWESOME
It's has a super easy,fast OC (all ROG offers)

Overall
Design: 10/10
Built in Supereme FX Sound: 8/10
Worlds 1st hybrid Water/Air Cooling: 10/10
RAM capacity: 10/10
Product is ROG: 10/10
Easy Over Clock: 10/10
Probably the BEST Motherboard next to the Rampage series

Very beautiful board

Axohatah
08-20-2012, 07:43 AM
After building a high-end gaming computer completely to the colour theme of red and black the only logical step for a motherboard was to be a Republic of gamers board. Since i wanted a socket 1155 for the new Ivy bridge series, i chose to go with the Maximus series and to pick out of Extreme or Formula in which i ended pickign the Formula out. I feel as though the features of the board are very good starting with high quality components, a high end sound card which comes with a red led line, fusion thermo solution is a brillant new innovative idea for people wanting to cool their cpu and motherboard downs and saves alot of money doing so. The mPCIe is cool in that it also comes with wireless and bluetooth. The wireless can be used well at lan parties if there is in-sufficient number of ethernet ports to connect to. Overall the board which supports the latest and greatest of the Intel ivy bridge series, high end RAM sets as well as good cooling innovate solutions and ability to be able to fit two three slot Direct-Cu II GPU's is an excellent and has many features well deemed under the ROG title.

andarosXI
08-21-2012, 04:27 AM
This motherboard is probably the best I've ever seen and the most beautiful too! The hybrid cooling solution is just brilliant and everything on board from the shielding to the SupremeFX V are awesome!! Many of PCI-E x16 ports and lots of Sata 6gb/s ports which is really useful. A real extreme gamer mother I would have if Id have the money!

Kaika
08-21-2012, 10:13 AM
The astetics of this board are great! After seeing the first pictures of this mothetboard it really looked like a high end enthousias motherboard, the large heatsink on this motherboard looks really nice and the fact that it is watercooled makes it even better.
The only downside is that the heatsink doesn't use compression fittings, which would have looked even better in my opinion.
Another good thing is that the chipset heatsink of this motherboard doesn't have a fan, which mostly are loud and annoying.
The mPCIe card is a really good feature on this motherboard, which gives you an option to use a mPCIe SSD and many other options.
The PCIe 16x layout of this board could have been better, i would have liked it better to see one spacing between each PCIe 16x slot like on the Rampage IV Extreme.
A big plus for the ThunderFX sound chip on the motherboard which gives even better sound than most of the other motherboards.
the internal USB3.0 is places on the right place on the motherboard unlike the maximus IV extreme, which had a really strange location of the internal USB3.0 header.
This is defenitly a great enthousiast motherboard and defenitly is worth taking a look at if you're looking for a new LGA1155 motherboard.

gsv883
08-21-2012, 12:13 PM
The Maximus V Formula is an interesting product to say the least, the Fusion Thermo design really appeals to gamers and enthusiasts, it gives you the option to keep your rig on air cooling AND gives you the option to water cool your rig, constructive criticism though, since this is an enthusiast motherboard, it would've been a definite plus if the user was given the option to change out those barbs with compression fittings or maybe just give us the option to remove those barbs and swap them out with stop fittings so that the barbs wouldn't look awkward and out of place if the user would like to keep his rig on air - JJ already responded that users were not given the option to change out the barbs because of cost concerns, but, don't you think that people willing to spend this much money on a motherboard are also willing to spend just a bit more to have the option to change out those barbs?

Anyway, this motherboard also packs a lot of features which appeals heavily to gamers - removing all of the "extra gravy" which are found in the Maximus V Extreme - features which would hardly be utilized by gamers. The onboard audio is excellent - comparable to high end discrete sound card solutions (such as the Xonar). Sufficient PCI-E Slots for those wanting multiple GPUs, and the spacing is excellent, allowing users to utilize two Asus GTX 680 DirectCu II's.

A nice looking board overall with a smartly executed layout.

Rwaugh51
08-21-2012, 03:38 PM
The Maximus V Formula/Thunder FX motherboard is very astonishing. The integrated supreme x-fi audio is
by far the best looking i have seen thus far on ROG boards. And i am speaking out of first hand experience, i am currently using a Maximus IV Gene-Z motherboard with supreme x-fi audio, which has 7.1 channels and
in hd nonetheless. So From a technical stand-point the thermo fusion cooling system may look complicated to newcomers to pc customizing but let me say, This thermal solution is a very innovative idea, Not quite water
cooling no, it is a breakthrough in cooling solutions period. The copper water channel is an amazingly
interesting looking work of technological art. It has a fierce look that screams, "suuwweett". And the EMI coated supreme x-fi audio looks amazing, I mean come on, its fitted with a 300ohm headphone amplifier. Thats
pretty amp'd up for a 3.5mm earphone jack compared to other boards with similar integrated audio processors that is. What every Computer junkie like, no loves to have is an awesome color scheme going on rite? I love the fact this board has The red analog lighted line, friggin awesome Asus. Now the red lighted line is not new but its definitely awesome combined with the water channel and the unique thermo cooling systems look. Now The absolute best thing is this in my opinion, The mPCIe combo card is awesome, and Asus's rog gamer first technology that gives us gamers the bandwidth we need when we need it, is not a hoax, again i am on an Asus ROG certified board and i must say the ability to choose max ping or bandwidth is sweet. Game mode or Data transfer mode, works nicely for either or. Now The Audio capacitors they are using on this board look nice, they appear to be updated japanese Capacitors which everyone knows the Japanese cap's are very long lasting was 50,000 hours last i check'd. But all in all i have no complaints, from a theological standpoint the board looks great. The ROG color scheme like always is awesome, but i'm a black n red kinda fellow. DO THE THUNDER, The THUNDER FX!!! Feel free to use that slogan i made up asus i'd appreciate it.

Luko
08-22-2012, 03:02 AM
When I think about the THUNDERFX, I run to the gym and lift every single weight and rip apart anybody who gets in my way. I scream loud, frightening roars that are heard throughout the lands. People carefully approach me wheeling behind them a trolley of bull carcasses as an offering to talk to me.
I sniff their trolleys, then allow them to talk while I feast on the first dozen giant bull hides. I ask how they are, but they can only muster a feeble "good, I might be thinking of becoming a bear" before I howl at them once more.
"A BEAR?" I shout. "Good, good. I hope you do well!". They always timidly agree, refusing to allow eye contact between us. I can smell their fear and I can sense their nerves.
With my nostrils flared, my head tilting back and muscles tensed, I bellow a hearty laugh that shakes the walls. With a wry, bloodied smile that will only live for a split second before I gorge on my offering once more, I will tell my audience to be gone before wrestling 6 roided up gorillas and launching myself into orbit to my home on Neptune.

And that's the truth.

Dmon
08-22-2012, 03:09 AM
wow i wasn't really interested on getting the thunder fx with my board but now since they are giving one away for free i thought i might give it a shot.... i have the new formula, and a whole heap of pro gaming hardware to go with it but as they say not all performance will give you the complete gaming experience if it hasn't got the good sound quality that should come with it.... this is an awesome feature as you can hook up your gaming consoles to it as well is which as why i need it. Formula is the best thing that has happened in the PC Gaming History and its features are just way too good for any PC gamer not to have ....its a must get.... i have a full water cooled system from EK to go with my Maximus V Formula and it just really made me a happy chap with the way it runs.....couldn't get this kind of system feedback 2 years ago....if only i could get my hands on one of those Thunder FX i tell ya i would be one happy comeplete gamer experienced lad mate haha anyways i probably will be getting one if i don't win one anyways ....

DeadOfKnight
08-22-2012, 08:25 AM
Before I start I just want to state that whenever there is a give-a-way I notice a lot of new posters (1 post only) makes me think spammers.

My first assumption would not be spammers, but rather lurkers who haven't registered until they saw this and wanted to enter. This is one of the reasons we see forums offer sweepstakes like this, to get more members and the community more active. At any rate, most forums allow moderators to view IP addresses; they can see if two posts have come from the same location. Although this giveaway hasn't detailed any conditions, it's probably safe to assume that only one entry will be accepted per location. No need to worry.

Attaboy
08-22-2012, 01:45 PM
The ThunderFX is really cool in how you can control the audio from different inputs. I have been looking for exactly this, I will be able to control my pc and ps3 without having to constantly plug out and plug in. Great sound card, I also like how it uses two usb ports instead of installing it in the motherboard because my motherboard audio sucks.

StephanosCF
08-22-2012, 04:49 PM
The number of SATA ports is great. I would prefer more PCI 3.0 slots. SupremeFX is good sound card and ThunderFX option is a great feature for gamers, I really like the way you can customize settings for each game for best possible sound. Fusion Thermo Solution is one of the best features of this motherboard. Ready out of the box for installation of your LCS as well as air cooled solution at the same time. After this addition I already started thinking of other parts that out of the box would be liquid cooled ready on the motherboard. :)

femson
08-22-2012, 07:20 PM
The features & specifications of this motherboard will make the owner happy, and his friends drool. Although severe drooling causes dehydration. Seriously, this mobo's the most advanced and the most awesome looking mobo i've seen so far.

Indrajeet
08-23-2012, 06:43 AM
Well its always been Asus ROG researchers to develop kind-of products to support other gaming periferrals too and the new maximus thunderfx does the job very well.... Availability of connecting to PS3 and also XBOX has taken the world of gaming to a new step... We already getting such new technological products from Asus and this product is really a miracle.... !!!

I might just wish Asus a good luck and keeping up the hardwork to keep us gamers happy... Salud !!!

howardchan
08-23-2012, 08:08 AM
Maximus V Formula being certified by Microsoft for windows 8 means that it is ready to take in the future for the MOBO industry. Taking note its Fusion thermo solution that will definitely make a new history with its hybrid cooling technology. As for the waiting time for logging into windows operating system. it has fast boot which will make logging into windows 8 within 2 seconds. one of the greatest improvement. less waiting and more working. The thunder fx will surely rock the gaming world will its great audio capability which also has noise cancellation technology. I love Asus.

AlexeyIndigo
08-23-2012, 09:56 AM
Beauty, style, design?
Words known to everybody, but whether they can be applied to modern computer technology?
You say no? But you're wrong! ASUS is the leader of the computer industry from year to year demonstrates the advanced technology in their series of motherboards ROG, combining the unattainable functionality and stunning looks, they deserve a special place in the heart of any enthusiast!
Personally, I can not without sincere feelings to look at each new motherboard from ROG series. They are gorgeous!
Rock Solid, Heart Touching, and what you feel when you look at the new Maximus V Formula?

cam_miles2003
08-23-2012, 10:58 AM
Its not just about the performance of the motherboard or the quality of a video card, sometimes sound quality can make or break a good game. Imagine this if you will, a game with no lag, smooth video transition, amazing graphics, an epic storyline but with crappy sound quality due to your sound card. Trust me when I say no "real" gamer would even tolerate such a situation let alone be able to actually enjoy the game. As such, with the Thunder Fx you won't have to worry about poor sound quality issues or even the dreaded stack, you get pure unadulterated sound at its best.

-----I would love to have the Thunderfx Please :cool:

najirion
08-23-2012, 11:41 AM
This ROG board is way cooler than its predecessors. The signature black-red color added with a beefy heatsink that now offers a unique watercooling solution spells power all together! Packed with features like wifi and bluetooth capabilities which aren't really common features in boards yet is indeed a great idea. New ideas like the fusion thermo solution makes this new breed of motherboard is truly impressive! It wouldn't only push extreme overclocking to new heights, it also shows why ASUS is the leader in making extreme gaming motherboards others are trying to copy. Congratulations to ASUS.

GoatsOnGoats
08-23-2012, 11:59 AM
As much as I appreciate the "appeal" to the water cooling community you didn't do it all the way. The sad part being it probably wouldn't have cost any more to go "all the way". All you had to do was put some G1/4 threads on the block/heatsink instead of some barbs. All true enthusiasts want to use their own fittings, which 9/10 will be compression fittings. I do appreciate the thought though. With the major chipset block designer being EK, who is going in the crapper, it's nice to see you taking it into your own hands. Next time just provide threads though, we'll all appreciate it much more. Cheers.

imagination
08-23-2012, 12:21 PM
Don`t want to say too much about a jewelry in technology. I`m sure that everyone will support me about this. This fantastic board exceeded everyone`s expectations both in specifications and features, quality build and performance. It`s magnificent only by definition and name. If exigency requires impeccability then exigency requires this Maximus V Formula, what else would everyone need than this board? It`s the very best of high end and with its power and stability everyone could have the ultimate piece of future technology. What I still think? It has everything that anyone would ever need from a motherboard.

CMZASTAH
08-23-2012, 12:36 PM
The first thing that I noticed when I saw that board was- woah, it looks completely amazing. I am not a die hard system builder, just a person who plays games. I felt that what was lacking was the means of 4-way SLI and a PS2 port, but thats ok, considering that most people run 2 way SLI. The audio card should perform amazingly, and trust me when I tell you, hearing your enemy in BF3 is important, as it saved my life a couple of times. I guess the board was geared more towards watercoolers, but that does not reduce the coolness factor. Small note- some people have found the places to route water bad, as they want to install their own things to attach cables. Anyways, great board, congrats ASUS! :)

SpitFire
08-23-2012, 01:06 PM
ASUS Maximus V Formula / ThunderFX is an outstanding representative devices of "Republic Of Gamers" series. This model not just have a good fit to the cohort of top motherboard chipset Intel Z77, but taking into the account the part of the functionality it claims to be the leader.
By this device manufacturer tried to please both sides: enthusiasts persons, who count on maximum overclocking results, and the fans, who have habits to play games. First(enthusiasts) get a good margin of safety, a hybrid cooling system and almost unlimited possibilities for tuning the platform, second (fans) get simple and effective tools for overclocking PC, quality audio subsystem and the ability to use favourite headphones / headset with a variety of gaming platforms.
Even in spite of the relatively high price, functionality and reliability of the motherboard justify every penny spent on it.

Pros

Effective design
Overclocking options and system configuration
Advanced equipment and accessories
High-quality sound audio SupremeFX IV with an additional amplifier
Combined cooling system
Wi-Fi/Bluetooth module
Support for ATI CrossFireX and NVIDIA SLI
support of additional USB 3.0 ports and SATA 6 Gb / s
technology support ROG Connect

Cons

no support for old interfaces FDD, COM, IDE and LPT
no video outputs VGA and DVI on the interface panel
high price(for me:))

BUT I WOULD LOVE TO OWN SUCH DEVICE:)

corfumadness
08-23-2012, 01:15 PM
where to begin with telling about the many opportunities that Maximus V Formula has!!!

it's a such well made and materialize motherboard that includes so many features
http://rog.asus.com/forum/images/icons/icon6.png
from the SupremeFX IV built-in 7.1-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC
that you dont need to install an extra audio card
the Wi-Fi 802.11 with the a/b/g/n protocols so you forget ethernet cables

the ASUS TurboV EVO that you can instantly level up your cpu with no problem
the usb charger from the usb 3.0 built in ports
and all that features that makes this motherboard one of a kind
for the demanding gamer and the enthusiastic overclocker!!!

this motherboard is just another diamond created by asus and put it in an another level
by REPUBLIC OF GAMES!!!!

black69ghost
08-23-2012, 02:15 PM
Only the thunderFX,its not really worth it :/

Vinh Huu Nguyen
08-23-2012, 04:24 PM
This is an amazing piece of craftsmanship because of not only the endless amount of features that any hardcore gamer and enthusiast needs, but also the aesthetics of this well-made motherboard. I just want to omnomnomnom on it after I stare at it for a while. This is truly amazing. Thanks ASUS.

IntrepidNOOB
08-23-2012, 04:36 PM
The Asus Maximus V Formula has a lot of features that appeal to me and in my opinion has a low price for it's value. I love how the motherboard has supremefx as this is a higher end mobo, and I really care about my sound quality. Another feature I wish more boars had would be the mPCIe combo, so I could boost my boot speeds. Last of all is the water cooling block or Fusion Thermal Solution which works great with any custom water cooled system. Oh yeah you can't forget the color scheme.

ZaX17
08-24-2012, 02:41 AM
Asus Maximus V Formula motherboard is equipped with all the best features such as SATA 6Gbs, USB 3.0, PCIE 3.0, Gigabit LAN, Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-fi 802.11n, SLI or Crossfire and most important is the discrete SupremeFX IV Audio chip that provides audio performance comparable with high end discrete audio card. The world first ever Fusion Thermal Solution allows users to upgrade the cooling system in future with either air or water configurations. Also the overclocking features helps user to overclock the system in high performance and yet stable.

ryoh
08-24-2012, 03:27 AM
I think Maximus V will be famous! because i think of its specifications and functions in gadgets like PC,XBOX360 and PS3, with very perfect features like bluetooth 4.0,Wi-fi 802,SATA 6Gbs,USB 3.0 and many more!! there's so many words can describe MAXIMUS V but, the one of the best word i know can describe the maximus v is so "PERFECT" oopss!! there's more!! the maximus v is so "AMAZING" good job asus!! for the win MAXIMUS V!! this is the best and amazing motherboard! :)

IISlayerII7
08-24-2012, 03:48 AM
The word it self "maximus" which means the greatest. It is the greatest motherboard ever built for gamer's. I have nothing to say because it features all good quality and very innovated design which all gamer's wanted to have. After lightning comes the thunder the name itself "Thunder FX" you would know how fast will it brings when it comes to Electrifying cross-platform sound. I assure that this is one of a kind design for advance technology. Online gamer will appreciate this kind of technology because of smart cFosSpeed network traffic shaping technology it surely affect our game experience

"The greatest technology every built for Man-kind"

danielestepan
08-24-2012, 06:44 AM
Personally I think it's the best,The Maximus V Formula I feel is setting a brand new bench mark for versatility. The Fusion Thermo allows for enthusiasts to enjoy the ability to push their motherboard that bit further and get the best results for our games and I applaude you. agree the new board is great for gamers and graphic designers alike that require processor and graphics speed and demand cooling too.Well, what could out performe or even come close to this BEAST. It delivers what every gamers need such as the layout and performance. Belive it or not but this literally could be used for high end gaming for the next generation of gamers and designers! Thank you for this opportunity are the best!

schafler92
08-24-2012, 07:11 AM
well .. to start I have little money but that does not stop me to get a high end pc gamer .. I saw this motherboard a while ago and since the first time I saw it.. i loved.. i looked everyday on Amazon to see how and when they would come out .. I love the Mpcie Combo with it you don't need a wifi card with your/s graphics card.. gives you the power and effectiveness of wireless signals.. Thermo Fusion is so beatiful and is one of the reasons why I'll buy this motherboard if not the win because in the not too distant future I introduce in the world of watercooling .. Supreme fx then this really is one of the things I love and of course struck by the thin red line turns highlighting above all motherboards in the world .. I love this motherboard by high technology that supports and having .. Intel Core i 3rd generation, 2800MHz ram, pcie 3.0 and this rare and innovative tool is the Thunder fx .. mentioning any motherboard and ROG product has any quality, prestige and superiority remarkable and worthy of admiration which is obviously the reason for my choice of wanting a ROG motherboard to my gamer pc, ROG comes with Thunder fx that takes rog quality beyond the pc to the ps3 or xbox 360 simply the quality, superiority and prestige that has ROG overwhelms me and I love it .. any true gamer .. poor or millionaire if you really know what is rog .. be proud to have a product rog and show it to your friends and the world .. all the features that makes this motherboard beautiful .. the maximus v formula / thunder fx reaffirms its superiority .. I have no more words .. i love rog .. I want this motherboard .. and show the world the superiority of rog .. (i dont have a good english but....)

rog forever..

Kosmonauten64
08-24-2012, 08:23 PM
The Maximus V Formula motherboard is a state of the art motherboard, build to cross borders, giving gamers the possibility to constantly cross barriers, the design and the options,gives you the oppertunity to further improve and personalize this high quality product, Asus listens and delivers what every gamer dream off, stability, state of the art components, superb onboard soundcard and endless options for adjusting in bios, well deigned PCB, the Maximus V Formula is ready for YOUR game.

seekler
08-24-2012, 11:01 PM
I prefer the Gene form factor better, but the ROG Motherboard Maximus V Formula specs are nonetheless impressive. Love the mpci-e msata addon and Intel NIC. Good quality integrated audio with Creative Alchemy software comes handy. Keep pushing the limits Asus sound engineers! Also love the color theme and design. Being designed with overclocking in mind, this board is also durable and stays cool. However it would be a nice option to add a switch to turn all LEDs on-off at need.

Gorman
08-25-2012, 03:48 AM
Looks like a great board with everything turned up to 11. Flagship RoOC board? Seems like it belongs in RoOC rather than RoG ;)

EDIT: I see a lot of people just joined to post on this thread, then left straight away... You should put a minimum post count of 10 on competitions, so people have to stick around and maybe actually join the community...

Nackers
08-25-2012, 07:12 AM
Well what can we say, It's totally awesome.

ZaNobey
08-26-2012, 07:49 AM
Nothing to loose from this MB..One of the best basic starts for a PC.Ivy bridge capable,both sli-crossfire.Really really wanted!!!Especially for gamers to lvl up their gaming experience with overclocking features is a must have.Don't hesitate to got to your local stor and buy it.
This board will stay with you forever making you to buy more and more new stuff for it every 6 months and only to keep you
(and 'it') happy.
I hope to be available here in Greece too and not have to order it online.

A lovebly motherboard from asus!

tiggerddw
08-26-2012, 04:02 PM
Wow, all players present and ready. Will be great for a build for a great machine

drbruce2
08-26-2012, 08:26 PM
I recently upgraded to a Sabertooth P67 motherboard with an i7 3rd gen processor and an SSD. I have been afraid to overclock until I installed liquid cooling. This is the solution. This rig will be so fast I will be able to go back in time, and make the theory of relativity a fact.

r_sabillo
08-27-2012, 08:28 AM
August 10, 2012 i bought asus sabertooth p67 sandy bridge motherboard for my new build! then i buy intel core i7 ivy bridge 3770 processor, i already have ddr3 dram. when i build my pc i can't get it to post. maybe the motherboard and the processor is not compatible! so in august 20 i decided to buy maximus V formula, when i received my motherboard i'm excited to assemble my rig and it works very very smooth! I want to know if there is an issue with my sabertooth or its just incompatible! any help will be greatly appreciated. because i'm planning to buy a 2nd gen processors just for the sabertooth and sale it online. maximus v formula is the one for me because it has so much additive live wifi ang bluetooth. i dont buy with the thunder fx because i know there is a way to win this thunder fx thank you so much, btw my rig:

Asus maximus V formula
Intel Core i7 3770 processor
8G corsair vengeance
nvidia gtx 560ti graphics card
nvidia gtx 460 dedicated physx card
acbel 900 semi modular psu
corsair h80 cpu cooler
cooler master haf 932 casing

i'm planning to buy another gtx 560ti for sli config.

Stroke2007
08-27-2012, 11:28 AM
Just as the saying "A dog is not just for Christmas!"
My PC is for photo editing, it's just as demanding as gaming.

Oden
08-27-2012, 08:37 PM
I think ThunderFX have relly big features for gamer's hwo know what they want from PC and what kind perfomance for them necessary. First what i see in this product it's quality and exelent technology, bcause only people hwo relly know own deal can make product like this one. And mauby you ask me why i must so much pay for that or that kind prefomance not necessery for game or just enaf buy somesing more esy, i answer only what you not naturall gamer, only real gaer able anderstand all perfect choice in ThunderFX. It's not electroics, it's not motherboard for every day print and user's, IT'S WEAPON. And this weapon give you WIN in ALL BATTELS and all matters BATTELFIELD.

Sorry for my english.

Oden
08-27-2012, 08:39 PM
I think ThunderFX have relly big features for gamer's hwo know what they want from PC and what kind perfomance for them necessary. First what i see in this product it's quality and exelent technology, fly of the mind and what people hwo do that love own deal, bcause only people hwo relly know own deal can make product like this one. And mauby you ask me why i must so much pay for that or that kind prefomance not necessery for game or just enaf buy somesing more esy, i answer only what you not naturall gamer, only real gaer able anderstand all perfect choice in ThunderFX. It's not electroics, it's not motherboard for every day print and user's, IT'S WEAPON. And this weapon give you WIN in ALL BATTELS and all matters BATTELFIELD.

Sorry for my english.

Jayki
08-28-2012, 12:04 PM
For me, the main features that make this motherboard stand cut above the rest of all the other ‘’premium’’ motherboards are its integrated audio, bios implementation, build quality and its fusion thermal solution

Audio
The separate audio PCB can be called its own soundcard. The quality of the audio caps begs me to wonder why there is any need for the ThunderFX. The onboard audio is easily enough for the enthusiast gamer/ boarderline for an audiophile which is where the ThunderFX comes in. The 300 ohm amp allows headsets to perform its best without any audio degradation.

Jayki
08-28-2012, 12:04 PM
BIOS
Asus has created the greatest user friendly, best looking UEFI I’ve ever seen. The GUI has a window like feel which recreates the ease of use that we all know.
That, with the functionality of being able to customize all settings makes this the most flexible motherboard.
Build Quality
Everything from the military grade capacitors - to the fusion thermal solution - to the even the CPU socket itself. You know that the motherboard will run stable 4 years down the line.

Jayki
08-28-2012, 12:06 PM
Fusion thermal solution
The pièce de résistance of all VRM cooling. The best hybrid of air cooling / watercooling on a VRM cooler.
The typical watercooler doesn’t ever think about water cooling VRM. What’s the point? Only some motherboards have compatible VRM waterblocks. The heatpipe helps as additional cooling regardless of whether it’s being used for watercooling or for aircooling.

------

It didn't say if there was a limit on posts so i'll post three
I hope I win :D

bTx
08-28-2012, 01:09 PM
great ROG products are par for the coarse at Asus. Instead of dropping to my knees ill offer up some things id do differently...

1. removable barbs.....I run 13mm barbs... unfortunately the hard piped barbs were a deal breaker for me...a went with a sabbertooth instead

having the ability to remove and cap them would make for much better air cooled aesthetics as well...

2. angled DRAM slots.... we have sooooo many choices for good looking DRAM,,, how cool would it be if you could "lay" the ram down to a) see the whole product in all of its glory or b) have big ol' dominators, or hyperX's actually fit under some heat-sink solutions.....

3. an ROG front 5-1/4 panel with gamer orientated connectivity options....maybe even a cool cpu Hz tach. too

4. the last innovation i would like to see is instead of having the power connections on board....how cool would it be to have individually braided (30cm???) wires soldered to the board with the connector at the end so you could loop them around back

anywho....thats my two cents for-ya.....

orange5407
08-28-2012, 05:39 PM
Water or air? Air or Water? Arr... I tired of changing or planing either Fan/Air or Liquid system to cool down my PC.

But when I saw this motherboard... Maximus V Formula... I am thinking that what purpose of coming new ROG motherboard
again...?

Ooi! Fusion Thermo Solution:
nice and cool name... and what did I forget to mention that it is air and water cooling at the same time? is good for OC :D

OoI..! mPCIe combo (IS DUAL, is dual-band Wi-Fi & Bluetooth 4.0, value added a lot), this will save
my $$$ to buy an ASUS graphic card
(not to mention is the NEW nvidia GTX 660ti DirectCU II, everything will be cool down)

Ooi...! last one thing... it has SupremeFX IV, GOOD sound it has a cover to protect the audio chip (feel safe)
Japan ELNA premium audio capacitors, (Japan things always good), 300ohm Headphone amp
(hehe save $$$ again for upgrade RAM or SSD or monitor)

Great motherboard, great cooling, good audio, great value.

why good audio? if I win the ThunderFX then...is will really be GREAT AUDIO.

Thank you :D

omegadoom13
08-28-2012, 10:53 PM
I love the high number of I/O ports available. Gamers and computer enthusiasts should not feel the need to unplug devices due to a lock of port availability. The Fusion Thermo Solution - World’s first hybrid air and water cooling thermal design- is absolutely genius. Why hasn't anyone else thought about doing this! I probably would not make much use of the Bluetooth tech any time soon. I don't have many bluetooth enabled devices. I love that ASUS made the needs of gamers, particularly FPS players, a top priority when designing Maximus V Formula/ThunderFX. Based on the specs and included technologies, ASUS has designed a top of the line MOBO for both gamers and hardcore computer enthusiasts that like to overclock to the limit. :cool:

harry_sood1
08-29-2012, 11:19 AM
If you search for a complete, reliable and next-gen proof platform for a new rig Asus

Maximus V Formula with ThunderFX is the way!It has everything you would need to compete

with other brands for a long time. As a gamer I would definitely buy this in order to put

together my new desktop.SupremeFX for clearer sound, max. 32GB of memory, support AMD 3 Way

CrossFireX and Nvidia SLI tech will bring a detail for more than 1 monitor. with Intel 1

Gigabit LAN Controller and a Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, smacking out of annoying lag from an

online game.The only gamble feature in my opinion is the thermo-fusion because most of the

regular people will still be too lazy to water-cool their pc but it`s clearly a step

forward, it made me curious.The board is cool and great. Does provide ample space for

OC.personal opinion ,Also with a little tweak, asus could included more ram slots for

graphic designers.

wearwolf
08-29-2012, 06:56 PM
My 100th Words
A true plus for water cooled and air.
This Would Have some benefits for people with laptops that doesn't have a reliable or decent sound card ,also for radio ham's that built Software development radios that i busy building this would benifit me allot also in Africa is difficult to get decent things so true test for the product as advertisement in this area.
The noise cancelation would help allot for different things especially the SDR receiver and transmitter i am planning to build.

All i can say is that this product can be tested at broader level for amateurs!.

Cody_Irwin
08-30-2012, 07:11 AM
This appeals to alot of gamers going into the higher market, Having Air and Water Cooling ready solution available, what also sets this apart from others for gamers are the mPCI and mSata ports to allow Wifi and SSD capabilities.
The on-board Audio technology regarding interference and the Software Priority Online: Game First II, just a amazing added bonus because honestly, the worst thing is annoying mic problems in the middle of a raid, or a strategy discussion in FPS ect.
Bluetooth a little overkill but overall the Maximus V Formula is Great for gamers, Asus Stepped it up! Amazing!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
only above this line is what I wrote for 100 words
Counted by http://www.wordcounter.net/ 100 words =)

vrossi
08-30-2012, 12:44 PM
Let me start off by telling what kind of pc i play with,
1 Asus Matrix 5870 ROG VIdeocard, Motherboard Rog Maximus Formula III, 8gb memory, I7 processor.
now enough about the technical stuff, Cause I never expected how it changed my life..

I entered different games on FB,
by valvoline
by Audi
by Nissan
by Mercedes

little Prizes, to much to write..

1st big win going as Valvoline VIP WTCC at Budapest,
Next Win as a VIP at 24h Le Mans France.
Next Win VIP at city racing Rotterdam, with NIco Rosberg
and many many more, THX ROG you made it happen

Peanutbutter
08-30-2012, 05:58 PM
SupremeFX IV provides a serious onboard audio solution, which is not always provided by manufacturers. The metal interference shield looks especially interesting. The discrete amp ThunderFX with its combination of outputs and ENC seems unprecedented. Fusion Thermo Solution combines air and water cooling capabilities, and in doing so, lowers the threshold for beginner overclockers to try new methods of cooling. It would have been nice to see thunderbolt on the displayport output. Maybe it is present, but it is not clearly indicated. Whether you’re a beginner or an old hand, Maximus V Formula is a great way to go!

Pygowsky
08-30-2012, 08:26 PM
In my opinion, this motherboard is currently the best thing out there for gamers. Liquid cooled to keep everything flowing smoothly and no lag due to heat, with amazing 7.1 surround sound quality so you can literally hear your surroundings. An intel ethernet port handles the highest speeds and the wifi card is dual band which removes interference so nothing gets in your way! How many other motherboards let you control your bandwidth and sounds the way this one does? That's right absolutely none. With the capability of adding the ThunderFX device your gaming experience would be like no other!

_
08-31-2012, 02:17 AM
This competition is now closed!

Thanks everyone for your entries, we'll be announcing the winners once we've read all over 100 replies! :O

_
09-10-2012, 11:08 AM
Winners:

http://rog.asus.com/160452012/news/winners-announced-100-words-2-win-1-of-3-thunderfx/

Congrats to:

Najirion
Cody_Irwin
ParamedicSam

chrsplmr
09-10-2012, 12:43 PM
Congrats to the Winners ...

That was a tough call .. great job to all .. whew !!!

Zygomorphic
09-10-2012, 06:08 PM
Congratz all, wonderful! :)

ParamedicSam
09-10-2012, 07:16 PM
Thank you all so much. Everyone at Asus and this forum are great. I am so happy to call myself an ROG and show some love when I show off the logo everywhere. Thanks again all.

kkn
09-10-2012, 07:31 PM
congrats yall, hope yall gona like em :)

Cody_Irwin
09-10-2012, 08:23 PM
Thanks guys for the congrats. GL to everyone next time, Im personally gonna try some stuff with this just regarding the VOLUME side of it first.

Nackers
09-11-2012, 07:19 AM
Congrats to all.

najirion
09-12-2012, 09:37 AM
Weeee! Thanks ASUS! :D
replying to email now.

limproved
09-26-2012, 06:35 AM
The Maximus V Formula motherboard has several innovations that make it a good all around board. Not just another Z77 board, this model sports built in bluetooth and wi fi, as well as an attempt at isolating the big sound capacitors, putting it in competition with both wi fi and hi fi boards. 3 PCIe are available as is a USB 3.0 header, and 4 DIMM slots: Pretty much standard for mid to high Z77 offerings. The thunder FX module is a compelling add on, but I would like to see a front panel audio bay. 1/4 inch jacks for real headphones and instrument cables to connect to. The fusion cooling blocks? This is compromise, no doubt, but it's smart looking and a good gateway from air to water.

Muhammedalishah
09-26-2012, 11:47 AM
The Maximus V Formula made with precision and ingenuity with the enhanced and exceled Intel Z77 Chipset to being the stunning reality of multi tasking with crispy DTS UltraPC II delivering 7.1 surround the room leaving you asthonished by the crystal clarity of every sound; you can even hear the faint sounds. One thing which is so astounding is that you can connect this to your tv via a hdmi; immersing you into another world. That is not all it also is packed with Nvidia SLI submersing you into another reality with the sharp colours brighter lights and darker darks. This is also good for hard core gamers and movie lovers to be able to watch something with so detail you'd feel you were there. There is still more ever got tried of buying those usb extenders well chuck 'em no need to buy 'em with The Maximus V Formula you get 6 usb ports, with 5 audio jacks so if your family or friends are sleeping plug in your headphones and sit back and relax. Ever wanted to share content directly from your device (phones, tablets etc) well you can do that simply without the hassle of those usb cables. By the intergrated Bluetooth 4.0. Ever had some weak wi-fi which would always make your internet run slow. Not to worry with the dual-band intergration your wi-fi will be an easy obstacle to over come.

For more information go to http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_1155/Maximus_V_Formula/

Jayki
09-26-2012, 02:38 PM
*face palm*
Not just one, but two people still tried to enter for a closed competition.

kkn
09-26-2012, 04:27 PM
its closed