PDA

View Full Version : G75VW randomly shuts down (and then reloads)

Liartar
08-14-2012, 07:26 AM
Hi everyone. I looked through threads in this topic, but didn't find anything similar. Sorry if I missed something.

I purchased my G75VW-AS71 from amazon.com 3 months ago. It has been working quite stable ever since (although I had random latency spikes problem, it has been solved by uninstalling McAfee).

However, last week it happened two times that laptop just turned of in the middle of nothing. It just went blank like power was turned off (laptop was plugged in both times). After ~3 seconds it started loading again, although I never pushed the button to turn it on.

As a first step I wish to find whether it is a problem of laptop itself or software I've installed. I know that at least one person with G75 experienced this problem (http://www.overclock.net/t/1292916/asus-g75-laptop-randomly-shuts-off), so maybe there are more.

c_man
08-14-2012, 08:02 AM
Disable Hibernation and see how that goes.

Read this http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?20093-Brand-New-G75VW-crashes-freezes-shortcuts-don-t-work.-HELP/page4

Liartar
08-15-2012, 11:37 AM
thank you!

cckid
10-18-2013, 10:11 PM
Hello Liartar! Was your random shutdown issue resolved? I have the same problem on my (under warranty) G75VW-!!! I just sent it back to Asus and they said they reformatted the harddrive and re-installed the firmware. I told them it wasn't OS because I had installed Win7 on an SSD and it did the same thing. About once a week. I firmly believe that Asus has a quality control issue. They are sending my unit back today and I will let you know if it is resolved, although I seriously doubt it. The guy on the support chat said I could request a stress test if I return it again. As far as hibernate goes the fellow is right about a discharged battery, otherwise it should be safe to use. I just joined the forum today while researching this issue. I am NOT a gamer...just a serious computer user. I am retired from IT (12 years experience). My unit will randomly turn itself off whether on AC or battery. Windows System logs events 41 & 6008. Sound familiar? Let me know. Thanks! --CCKid