PDA

View Full Version : ASUS G75VW BBK5 Hibernation Resume Issue

jdotjdot7
08-15-2012, 06:48 PM
I've had this laptop for a month or two, haven't really been using it as I am saving it for college, but when I do use it, I notice that when it resumes from a sleep or hibernation state, it freezes at Windows is Resuming and I have to completely restart the computer and delete resume data. How do you fix this?

UltimaRage
08-15-2012, 06:53 PM
Windows naturally has issues with Hibernation, it should be disabled.

However, sleep mode should work fine.

When this happens, is the laptop plugged into the power supply, or running off the battery?

jdotjdot7
08-15-2012, 06:59 PM
Windows naturally has issues with Hibernation, it should be disabled.

However, sleep mode should work fine.

When this happens, is the laptop plugged into the power supply, or running off the battery?

I did disable Hibernation and just started using sleep, but for some reason Windows would enter a resume state even when turned off by sleep and that would also cause the problem. The problem seems to happen majority of the time when on battery but sometimes plugged in as well. I DID make backup copies of Windows and reinstalled Windows on a 750GB Hybrid Solid State with my 1 TB as a backup. However, I have heard of this problem from other people so its not just a corrupted install.

A hypothesis I have is that I have my laptop set to back up Windows to the second hard drive and even after deleting the backup from the hard drive, it seems like it's there the next restart. So maybe my laptop works when I am asleep or something and backs up itself and hibernates it?

jdotjdot7
08-15-2012, 08:35 PM
Any ideas on how to fix this, i've heard of this on other G75s so maybe someone has found a fix

jdotjdot7
08-17-2012, 03:43 AM
Is it possible that this could be caused by wndows update. It was set to check daily at 3:00 AM. I went through the event logger and it showed an unexpected shutdown at 5:07 AM. However, the last time updates were installed were 5:00 PM yesterday,

c_man
08-17-2012, 08:48 AM
I don't have a hibernation problem.

I keep WIndows updates with "Check for updates but let me choose ...".

I have no idea if they are related.