PDA

View Full Version : G75v Gpu down throttle on battery (Nvidia 660m)

pilotmanion
08-15-2012, 07:56 PM
I am running a Nvidia 660m overclocked to 970Ghz base and when i am on battery power i experience a frame rate drop from high 70s and 80s(on AC power) to 10-20(on Battery).....is there a way to stop the throttle

I am in High Performance mode
I have went into advanced power settings and raised minimum processor state to 85% on battery power
I have looked in BIOS for a GPU/CPU throttle control-to no avail....
I have changed Nvidias 3d settings Global power management mode to Perfer Maximum Performance....

I am out of ideas.....Can i fix this??

kkn
08-15-2012, 08:49 PM
you can try and post in the notebook section, i bet they can help you out whit that :)

pilotmanion
08-15-2012, 09:04 PM
When i wrote this i thought i was lol im sorry

cepukon
08-17-2012, 05:56 AM
I am running a Nvidia 660m overclocked to 970Ghz base and when i am on battery power i experience a frame rate drop from high 70s and 80s(on AC power) to 10-20(on Battery).....is there a way to stop the throttle

I am in High Performance mode
I have went into advanced power settings and raised minimum processor state to 85% on battery power
I have looked in BIOS for a GPU/CPU throttle control-to no avail....
I have changed Nvidias 3d settings Global power management mode to Perfer Maximum Performance....

I am out of ideas.....Can i fix this??

Same problem, I game with my laptop plugged in, but this still shouldn't be an issue. There must be fix for this..

Davixandrex89
08-17-2012, 06:32 AM
All laptops have the same problem, I have a g75vw ds73, and when I'm connected to power the machine operates at its maximum performance, but when in battery mode no matter what we put inhigh-performance mode, the hardware that has the machine requires extra energy for high-performance tasks, in this case the games.

c_man
08-17-2012, 07:17 AM
It's not a problem, it's a feature and it's rather old. It's just too much for the laptop. I know some people still imagine Kepler to be something fantastic, that will output amazing performance with no power, but it is not. I'm sure on paper things look great, on the real products I had so far, not quite.

So yes, you cannot game on battery. And please consider this, Asus is still able to run. I had Dells that would just shut down fast, even with throttling.