PDA

View Full Version : Monitor on G75 Losing connection depending on position

mygoditsbob
08-17-2012, 02:07 PM
Kind of irritating, when I change the angle of the monitor the screen will occasionally turn off. Repositionig the screen will cause it to come back on. It seems like the mechanical connection is being disrupted.

Note that it is not sleeping, which would be normal if I totally closed the lid, it is losing the video signal.

Is there a lose connection, and if so how can I fix this without having to RMA. I have owned this for about 90 days so the option of returning to Best Buy is not on the table.

cl-scott
08-17-2012, 04:07 PM
It sounds like a pinched cable, which cannot be fixed without significantly disassembling the unit and thus voiding your warranty.

mygoditsbob
08-17-2012, 04:37 PM
A couple of things I have noticed.

I can replicate it by closing the lid slightly (screen blinks off).

When it blinks out I can get it to come back by closing the lid to where the top edge is 2-3 inches from fully closed and then reopening.

Also, it appears to be temperature dependant. In other words, once it warms up, (Skyrim or another intensive game for 10 minutes, I can no longer get it to blink off by closing the lid as noted above. Seems more like a loose connection than a kinked cable.

Is it possible to reseat the cable without voiding the warranty?

Thoughts?

Jman73
08-21-2012, 12:42 PM
Had same issue but only a day old. Brought it back and got another one.

mygoditsbob
08-22-2012, 03:47 AM
I'm past the "bring it back and get a new one" time period.

Having said that, the problem seems to have vanished. Can't replicate it no matter how I move the screen.

I did report it and got a case number with the instruction that it is a hardware issue and that I can bring it back to Best Buy and have them look at it.

I'm holding of on that for now since it seems to have healed.