PDA

View Full Version : Asus TF101 - touch screen issue - 2nd time RMA - wf9 hold

cwaggoner
08-18-2012, 02:16 AM
Hello guys,

I am just looking for a bit of help or guidance on what to do with my tablet. I know the TF101 is not the greatest and latest but honestly I miss the thing and just wish it would work right.

Here is my story : My TF101's Touchscreen decided to stop responding one day.. I was like what the heck. I hit the power button hoping that it was just a glitch and lo and behold I couldn't even get back into the epad without the keyboard. Total loss of Touch-screen functionality. I said ok... let me check if I can get an RMA. I got my first RMA and it was sent back very fast. At first I was pleased with the response time, until I found out that it was checked and then sent right back * no problem found*.

I tested it just to make sure a fluke hadn't happened, and sure enough after using it for a couple hours the touch-screen quit responding again. I could sit it down for an hour and it would start working again, and sure enough after a little use the touchscreen stops responding again.

I am by no means lacking in the tech department as most of us probably aren't that post on this forum.. so I know its not something that I am doing wrong. 100% the touch screen just stops responding. I have tried to troubleshoot by testing if it had something to do with the battery level and for awhile it seemed like it would only do it when the battery reached 80% or less... but after giving it a full charge the touchscreen stopped responding again while at 100% battery or close. *face palm*

So i have sent it back in to the great and loved ASUS for my second RMA. Only to find out that I am now stuck in " Waiting-[WF9] Wait for Customer Confirmation-NTF " . I have not received an e-mail from the support staff at the service center like I have been told by the phone support techs twice now. I just don't know what to do.. I don't want to give up on my little TF101 and really love the thing and want it back home. Its looking grim right now though.

What should I do?

Thanks in advance!

cl-scott
08-20-2012, 04:53 PM
If you want to email or PM the RMA to me, I can look into a little for you. Did you by chance make sure to mention that the issue only happens after a period of time? If you do not specifically mention things of that nature, odds are a technician will turn it on, find that the touch screen is working just fine, and send it back NTF. They do this because they have other units they need to get to, so they cannot spend large amounts of time on any given unit.

Pitcher@asus
11-30-2012, 06:26 AM
hi, did you flash new FW?