PDA

View Full Version : HDMI problems

Arxon
04-24-2011, 03:34 AM
Ok, I have a g73jh the best buy version. I am working with two monitors right now. As soon as i plug in the HDMI it goes to a black screen on the laptop and become non-responsive. Updated video drives and all that and still nothing. 2 different hdmi cables both known to work. Anyone with any suggestions?

xeromist
04-25-2011, 03:50 PM
Does unplugging the cable then restore functionality? Does anything flash or appear on the external display? It sounds like the laptop is trying to switch to external (rather than cloning or spanning to both displays) and something is not working correctly.

BladeZero
04-25-2011, 07:04 PM
Your monitor screen going black is most likely because the computer sets itself to run on one monitor. Is the monitor your running the HDMI cable to have video? Is it set to HDMI so you can see a picture on it?

If it does then right click on the desktop, go to Screen Resolution, then go to Multiple Displays and you can select Duplicate Displays to get the video on both monitors, Show Desktop only on 1 for the computer monitor to get video only on that mintor, and show desktop only on 2 to get video only on the second monitor.