PDA

View Full Version : Static After Update

tnguyen733
04-24-2011, 06:14 AM
I downloaded vBIOs update and now im getting static in desktop and on certain forum page backgrounds. somebody please help! ):

tnguyen733
04-24-2011, 08:04 AM
To be more detailed, basically what it is is colors like black, gray, or silver seem like they have static pixels. I didn't recognize it before doing the VBIOs update. I have CCC 11.3, vBIOs 93, and BIOs 213.
everything is fine, except for pages and desktop background that has colors black, grey, or dark silver.

Im not sure if other people have this issue, or if this is just what it looks like.

xeromist
04-25-2011, 04:27 PM
By static do you mean bright sparkles that come and go or noise in the image that stays as long as it doesn't update. Either way I'm not sure I've heard this one before.

tnguyen733
04-26-2011, 02:00 AM
idk how to explain it, but like black, gray, and dark colors have like fuzzyness to the color, very small tiny pixels move around. its not noticeable from far away but up close it is. when im on a different laptop the forum looks different. im not sure its hard to explain, but its nothing that comes and goes. its only on black gray and dark colored backgrounds.

xeromist
04-26-2011, 04:06 PM
This doesn't sound like any software problem I'm aware of. The only thing I can think of is to double check the display settings and ensure that the color depth is set to 32 bit and not 16 bit.

tnguyen733
04-29-2011, 11:58 PM
mine is set too all default. Ive even factory restored it but still...
Basically its like a static like sort of fuzzy background. On my other laptop, the background of this forum is like a grid texture. On this laptop, its just fuzzy like and looks static. Its not obvious when seen far away, but up close you notice the static and fuzzyness. IDK what to do...

tnguyen733
04-30-2011, 12:00 AM
I even have the 93 vBIOs update and also have BIOS 213.
Updated CCC to 11.4 still have the issue. I'm not sure if this is just what everyone with the JH have.
All I know is that on my HP notebook thats 5 years old and has an Intel VGA, the background of this forum has grids, and theres not static or fuzzyness.

xeromist
04-30-2011, 08:08 PM
This may seem obvious, but is it at the native resolution?