PDA

View Full Version : RMA or not

riomus
04-24-2011, 10:04 AM
Sorry for my english.

On my screen has shown up on lighter spot (very visible when screen is white, about 5mm in right down corner) and something like not regular stain of very bright thin gray lines it's about 5cm circle with 2mm lines about 45 degree in upper left corner. What is that, should i RMA.

If i will RMA, can my vBios can stay changed to that with lower timings. BIOS to 213, and disk firmware to that from forum.

xeromist
04-25-2011, 04:58 PM
I would try several different screens (light, dark, color) to see how the spot responds. You can also lightly rub the spot with a finger as that has sometimes allowed people to fix "stuck" pixels. If you still have a spot and your laptop is under warranty you might want to try getting an RMA, yes. Do you have the Accidental Damage Warranty? Because if it has appeared after you owned it for some time then it could be due to some sort of impact with screen or some other non-covered event?

riomus
04-26-2011, 10:05 AM
I have normal 24M G73JH warranty.That spot and stain showed up after normal usage, i turned off notebook closed it and when i start it up next time there was stain and that spot.

xeromist
04-26-2011, 03:32 PM
Then I would say that you have a good case for RMA. You should contact them and see what they say. Make sure to explain thoroughly so there isn't any confusion.

riomus
04-26-2011, 06:16 PM
I'm from poland and on asus page i can explain only in 255 chars :/ i will try e-mail them.