PDA

View Full Version : Location Problem After Jelly Bean Update

DarkSilence
08-21-2012, 10:03 AM
I just received the Jelly Bean update for my TF300 tablet. Everything seems to work great except for one issue. My table thinks for some reason that I am in Lynnwood Washington. So the weather widget gets the weather from there, Google Maps thinks I am in Lynnwood Washington as well. So with that in mind you can see how Google Now messes up as well. Yep it gets all its info for Lynnwood Washington. I have tried multiple cold boots with no luck. I have tried turning the GPS on and off with it not mattering. Is anyone else having this problem?

Myk SilentShadow
08-21-2012, 12:16 PM
Have you gone through the settings for your tablet's GPS? maybe for some odd reason the problem lies in there. Also try going through Google's settings and see if you can change anything in there.

xeromist
08-21-2012, 03:29 PM
I'm speaking from the perspective of an older version on an Android phone so this might be completely wrong but for weather I have the ability to set a location or have it detect where I am located. Have you checked to see if Lynnwood Washington or its zip code is manually entered into any of the location settings? Unfortunately I've not used JB or tablets so I don't know where the settings are for you but in older versions you could press the menu button while viewing weather to get a settings menu.

DarkSilence
08-23-2012, 09:53 AM
When I use my GPS exclusively to find my location it works fine. It is only when I use the Google Location setting enabled does it mess up and give me the wrong location. I looked through my settings and I don't see anything manually entered into the location settings.

xeromist
08-23-2012, 03:21 PM
Hrm, sorry I don't know then. :-/

dstrakele
08-23-2012, 10:18 PM
Try UNchecking "Google's Location Service", rebooting, and then checking it again as discussed in http://www.pocketables.com/2012/07/easily-fix-gps-problems-with-jelly-bean-on-your-galaxy-nexus.html.

Shawnnepc
08-25-2012, 01:43 PM
Same issue with all of our demo units.

I am looking into it

I just received the Jelly Bean update for my TF300 tablet. Everything seems to work great except for one issue. My table thinks for some reason that I am in Lynnwood Washington. So the weather widget gets the weather from there, Google Maps thinks I am in Lynnwood Washington as well. So with that in mind you can see how Google Now messes up as well. Yep it gets all its info for Lynnwood Washington. I have tried multiple cold boots with no luck. I have tried turning the GPS on and off with it not mattering. Is anyone else having this problem?