PDA

View Full Version : G73jh boot problems

nikeysunfire
08-21-2012, 04:24 PM
Hello everybody,

I have a G73JH-RBBX05 that is out of warranty, so I opened it up to do a deep cleaning inside (and it needed it so bad) after reassembling it as soon as I plug the AC adapter the computer turns on by itself, but no image on the screen, I can see the power button light on, as well as the 3 right side buttons for twinturbo, vivid mode, etc. Also the capslock and numlock leds light up, the LED bar on the screen and finally the ON led indicator light on the front of the laptop. Is there something damaged on the unit?

Here is short recording of my problem, thanks a lot for your help in advance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuUSebLJ2tU

xeromist
08-21-2012, 04:28 PM
I would tear down and make sure you got all of the connectors reseated properly with the correct orientation. If it was working properly before then the most likely explanation is that something went awry with the reassembly.

nikeysunfire
08-21-2012, 04:35 PM
The problem is, I have checked every single cable, even I have tried with most cables disconnected, and it keeps doing the same. Do you people think its a damaged Motherboard or videocard?

xeromist
08-21-2012, 04:55 PM
Can you hear fans or feel the hard drive spinning up? What I mean is does it seem to be booting immediately or just lighting up?

I've not experienced this so I can't really say what's wrong. Anyway, I might try removing the battery & power for a while to see if that does anything since it is easy.

nikeysunfire
08-21-2012, 05:19 PM
Yep, I mean the computer boots up by i tself, DVD turns on, HDD, everything, just no image. The fans spin up for a split second and then stop, later after 20-30 seconds the fans would start spinning at max speed. I also cant hear any windows boot sound, so the screen itself might not be the problem.

Right now trying without battery, I've left the computer turned off for over a day, but no luck, thanks!

CyberCorsair
08-24-2012, 09:27 AM
did you try the reset on the bottom of the systems? Also if something is hold that reset in it would boot like it is..
I would say some thing isn't seated right .. i worked on system in a Factory at one time things like this can driver you nuts and it something real simple.. good luck

CC

chrsplmr
08-24-2012, 01:16 PM
In a dark area can you faintly see the screen? (backlight ?)

Did you reseat the vid card ?

if you connect an external monitor .. does it come on or flash during boot ?
I have to agree .. it it worked before you took it apart .. and now after reassembly
it does not ... something simple.

i would say if the cpu . somehow fried .. the rest would be fooboo too.
take a breath .. take it back apart .. it is something little..
(guard from static .. no socks on carpet .. ie..(j/k)).

have you held the power button depressed until it shuts down .. then
reboot ? It shouldnt come right on when you plug in the power.
something is crossed up in there i think.c.

nikeysunfire
08-24-2012, 05:30 PM
Thanks for replying, I reseated the GPU many times, but no luck. I've also tried with external monitors but they just dont receive any signal from the laptop. I doubt it would be the CPU since I never disassembled the CPU heatsink or anything related.

If I keep the power button pressed it would shutdown, if I press the button again it would start again but still no image or sound. do you guys think it might be the motherboard? thanks!

xeromist
08-24-2012, 06:30 PM
It could be any number of things. Without having any error messages or beep codes it's tough to narrow it down. :(

nikeysunfire
08-24-2012, 07:36 PM
Damn, seems like I will have to pay someone to check the unit :( ...hope it doesn't cost too much, thanks for your help people! :D