PDA

View Full Version : G73jh repasted

Linkavich
08-21-2012, 05:31 PM
So, I just repasted my AsusG73jh about 3 weeks ago. Been playing rift non stop since. My idle temp is usually always @64c and max load temp is 90c this seems to be within spec, but rather high for most cards. I would like an Asus representitive to let me know if these are safe running temps. If so, I want to know why I had to repaste my computer? I could understand if this needed to be done after 2 years...which is what I waited to actually repaste lol. However I started overheated and shutting down roughly 3-4 months after purchase. I would have expected better from such a renowned company. I do not require any compensation due to the overall experience of the repasting was rather pleasent for me.

Also, I used Artic Silver 5 and would like to know if anyone else has used this paste and what their results have been.

Thanks

xeromist
08-21-2012, 06:19 PM
Did you also remove any dust when you repasted? Often it's not the paste but just some dust that is causing heat buildup.

Linkavich
08-21-2012, 07:06 PM
Yeah I removed any dust that I saw while taking the machine apart. On the dust note, I ran this laptop right on top of a window fan for about 1 1/2 years to keep it cool while I worked up the guall to take it apart(lazy lol) and I am incredibly impressed with the low amount of dust it accumulated. A desktop computer under normal circumstances builds up enough dust over 1year to kill it just about lol.

chrsplmr
08-21-2012, 07:15 PM
From what I have seen and remember reading, those temps are within the specs...