PDA

View Full Version : Black screen after hibernation/sleep. Monobass problem.

vietkrazeeboi
08-21-2012, 05:37 PM
Purchased the laptop at Best Buy, G75VW - BBK5 with the 660m gfx card.

MAIN PROBLEM - After the laptop goes into hibernation/sleep mode I get a black screen and cannot resume. Tried Ctrl Alt Delete, clicking a thousand times on my mouse and still not working. I am forced to power it off and power it back on again.

OTHER PROBLEMS - Monobass keeps turning on by itself. I am having to going into the monobass settings, dragging the bar from 0 to any other number then back to 0 agian. Basically turning it on then off again in order to turn it off.

I used to love the laptop.. now i am starting to hate it a lot :(

c_man
08-21-2012, 06:10 PM
I wonder if this hibernation problem is related more to 660M than 670M since I see so many people complain about it and I never had any problems on laptops with 670M. Anyway, it's a software problem.

My sound works well with 10600a or 10800a drivers. Monobass is a Windows settings. I only use VIA deck.

john_from_ohio
08-22-2012, 12:12 AM
Easy enough ... do not use hibernate ... just do not do it ... see related items in this forum ... always dicey.

Lots of other postings about the audio driver and subwoofer configuration.

Look around here at the forum the stuff you are reporting is well known here. Do some leg work!

mrwolf
08-22-2012, 12:20 AM
Yea i agree.. When i got my SSD i deleted the hibernation feature.. its just not necessary and has issues.. Sleep should do the job :)

Nyorker
09-09-2012, 01:01 AM
Bought the same pc no problems

tkolarik
09-11-2012, 04:13 AM
Got the same unit, no problems with hibernate or sleep mode.

Have an Intel SSD installed....really don't even need sleep it boots so fast.

However, my first unit from Best Buy had a defective CD/DVD eject Button so I swapped it out. This one had the classic subwoofer on even with headphone problem almost every else has. Seems to be fixed with the 600 drivers.

I'm not really excited with the super lame WiFi card, it's cheaper than the one in my 2 year old budget laptop.