PDA

View Full Version : My Laptop Is in for RMA/ Repair

Bundy_Drop_Bear
08-22-2012, 07:24 AM
Ok for those that have read some of my other posts, you'll know that I have 2 problems with my G75.

1. Being that the sound out the left speaker is lower in volume than the right and the equalizer dosen't do anything to fix it, I have the latest beta driver s and still the sound is low and I even tried the half volume FLE (or whatever the Subbi is called.

2. I have a graphical flickering in All the games I have installed, these include Just Cause 2/ World Of Tanks/ Star Wars The Old Republic/ Sleeping Dogs/Sniper Elite V2.. etc, now the flickering occurs about every 3-7 seconds(haven't actually timed it), now I have changed drivers 3 times and none of them fixed the problem, I have the Nvidia 670M and the only thing that has done anything at all to reduce the flickering is the uninstall of the 3d drivers.
My laptop has a 3d screen and came with Nvidia 3D Glasses which worked perfectly bar the Flickering.

so hopefully mid next week I'll have my laptop back along with zero flickering.

One last thing, I recorded the screen flickering and Saved the Clip to the desktop of my laptop so when the tech start it up, they can review it and also left them a readme file explaining what I had done to resolve it.
so hopefully my laptop can be in > Fixed >and Out again in a timely manner. I also placed a photo of my receipt so they can see that it's only 2 months old and the reason I wait so long is going by these forums the graphics and sound problems were most likely a driver issue and I figured I'd give them some time to fix it.

If anyone wants to see the clip of the screen flickering i will upload it to youtube and post a link here.

Regards

Bundy _Drop_Bear

c_man
08-22-2012, 05:31 PM
Now we'll wait and see the fix.

I can tell you this:

1. I know there are front speakers with left and right and one subwoofer, but the system acts more like one low/mid range speaker with 2 pseudo tweeters as well. This subwoofer is located in the left corner and thus most people cosider the left speaker louder than the right. You say is the other way around. Kinda strange. There is no real fix for this, just my settings making the sound a little bit better.

2. A lot of people have that flickr. I'm not sure if it's a software or hardware bug. Could very well be a mix. The Chi Mei panel and Asus have a bad rep together. I wonder how Asus will fix this. There is an user fix: http://postimage.org/image/bwzcezxlx/

colpolite
08-22-2012, 06:39 PM
Could the flickering come from Vsync being turned off?

Bundy_Drop_Bear
08-23-2012, 12:19 AM
Could the flickering come from Vsync being turned off?

The flickering is there regardless of V sync being on or off, as I stated uninstalling the 3d drivers was the only way to remove/reduce the flickering, so it's either a hardware problem or it 's a software problem of which the 3D component is a factor.

@C_man I tried that and it did nothing at all, if anything it made it worse. I even tried setting it to 75htz and still it flickered like a house on fire.