PDA

View Full Version : G75VW-T1086V Cannot find 3D Option

JayFel
08-22-2012, 01:40 PM
Hello everyone,

So I just managed to buy a new laptop yesterday, a G75VW-T1086V (fitted with a GeForce 670M), and the salesman mentioned it is 3D Capable and all. I've been trying to enable the 3D Feature, in my start menu I'm able to notice a NVIDIA shortcut to "Enable 3D Vision", I click on it and nothing changes. Also, in the NVIDIA control panel, I don't see any "Stereoscopic 3D" sub category, just 3D Settings, Display and Video. Now I'm no expert in 3D, but I also have a desktop with the ASUS GeForce GTX670 and I'm using a Samsung SA700 LED 3D Monitor, and I'm able to work out 3D on it just fine.

I've already tried connecting my laptop with my Samsung monitor, and only then am I able to see the "Stereoscopic 3D" setting available in the NVIDIA control panel...
Now is there something that I'm missing out? Even in the ASUS site it says that the G75VW is able to display 3D. Please help me, I've been very upset ever since I started using it.

P.S - I've already updated the graphics driver to 296.97 from the ASUS site, and no changes, then tried going over to the NVIDIA site where I managed to download a beta Verde driver (which updated it to 304.79).

Sorry for the long description. I'm just really desperate now.

Apexing
08-22-2012, 05:03 PM
you have to get the 3D glasses aswell and hook it up to the laptop.

JayFel
08-24-2012, 06:04 PM
you have to get the 3D glasses aswell and hook it up to the laptop.

This is weird, but there's no 3D glasses that's included in this bundle, is it supposed to come with it? I somewhat remember the salesman saying that this one didn't need it or something??!
The only accessories I received was the ROG GX800 mouse and backpack.
*No headphones included too though :(

Apexing
08-24-2012, 06:53 PM
if he said itīs 3D and that you dont need anything, then bring it back and make him show you.
Since he is quite easily bull****ting you.

Shawnnepc
08-25-2012, 01:29 AM
Your SKU is not the native 3D VISION laptop.

Your laptop only supports 3D TV Play
http://www.nvidia.com/object/3dtv-play-compare.html

Hello everyone,

So I just managed to buy a new laptop yesterday, a G75VW-T1086V (fitted with a GeForce 670M), and the salesman mentioned it is 3D Capable and all. I've been trying to enable the 3D Feature, in my start menu I'm able to notice a NVIDIA shortcut to "Enable 3D Vision", I click on it and nothing changes. Also, in the NVIDIA control panel, I don't see any "Stereoscopic 3D" sub category, just 3D Settings, Display and Video. Now I'm no expert in 3D, but I also have a desktop with the ASUS GeForce GTX670 and I'm using a Samsung SA700 LED 3D Monitor, and I'm able to work out 3D on it just fine.

I've already tried connecting my laptop with my Samsung monitor, and only then am I able to see the "Stereoscopic 3D" setting available in the NVIDIA control panel...
Now is there something that I'm missing out? Even in the ASUS site it says that the G75VW is able to display 3D. Please help me, I've been very upset ever since I started using it.

P.S - I've already updated the graphics driver to 296.97 from the ASUS site, and no changes, then tried going over to the NVIDIA site where I managed to download a beta Verde driver (which updated it to 304.79).

Sorry for the long description. I'm just really desperate now.

Bundy_Drop_Bear
08-25-2012, 03:41 AM
the place I bought my laptop didn't mention the 3D vision, yet when unpacking mine I found the 3D Glasses,
went and told the sales guy and he was surprised, the display model was also a 3d model as it has the 3D on/off button next to the power button, as dose mine. So if there were no Glasses then it ain't 3D enabled just 3D capable.
So plug a 3d Enabled screen in and get some 3D glasses and Enjoy.

JayFel
08-25-2012, 09:56 AM
if he said itīs 3D and that you dont need anything, then bring it back and make him show you.
Since he is quite easily bull****ting you.

Hmm, I gave him a call and he said he it really doesn't come with the glasses and the headphones, besides, when he sold it to me, he even opened the laptop's box infront of me and broke the seal, it really only came with the mouse and backpack.

JayFel
08-25-2012, 09:57 AM
Your SKU is not the native 3D VISION laptop.

Your laptop only supports 3D TV Play
http://www.nvidia.com/object/3dtv-play-compare.html

Hmm, I think you're right. It does mention "nvidia 3DTV play" on my laptop. Plus , when I fitted it to my Samsung SA700 3D monitor only then the 3D options were available and all.

JayFel
08-25-2012, 09:59 AM
the place I bought my laptop didn't mention the 3D vision, yet when unpacking mine I found the 3D Glasses,
went and told the sales guy and he was surprised, the display model was also a 3d model as it has the 3D on/off button next to the power button, as dose mine. So if there were no Glasses then it ain't 3D enabled just 3D capable.
So plug a 3d Enabled screen in and get some 3D glasses and Enjoy.

By the 3d on/off button next to your power button, do you mean the button wih the "ROG" icon on it? Coz I have one too beside my power button, but all it does is just change the battery plan for me from quiet to entertainment to high performance -.-
I did try that, and yes, only then the 3D options were available... I guess my laptop's display isn't 3D and just a regular LED screen.

Bundy_Drop_Bear
08-25-2012, 10:32 AM
OK well if it changes the battery plan then your laptop screen isn't 3D ready, as on mine it displays a Enabled/disabled 3D at center buttom of screen.

Shawnnepc
08-25-2012, 01:18 PM
If your laptop is a 3D laptop it will have a 3D icon next to where the webcam is.

:)

JayFel
08-25-2012, 03:08 PM
OK well if it changes the battery plan then your laptop screen isn't 3D ready, as on mine it displays a Enabled/disabled 3D at center buttom of screen.

I see... I guess you're right. Sigh... so much for hoping for 3D play in this laptop.

JayFel
08-25-2012, 03:10 PM
If your laptop is a 3D laptop it will have a 3D icon next to where the webcam is.

:)

I don't have that icon you speak of :(
Guess my laptop's display isn't 3D capable, and just a regular LED screen.

JayFel
08-25-2012, 03:12 PM
I think I have it all figured out, my laptop's just 3DTV play, and not 3D ready. (My display is just probably the regular LED)

Thanks again to everyone who took the time to respond. Sorry to bother you all!

Bundy_Drop_Bear
08-25-2012, 03:31 PM
NP we are here to help each other out when needed.

Myk SilentShadow
08-25-2012, 03:57 PM
For 3D systems(that come with the glasses) look for 3D/3DE at the end of the model number...best and clearest way to find out...or, look through the specs before you buy it, that way you won't get upset thinking you got ripped off when you didn't. It always pays to read the specs sheet to make sure you get what you're buying.

Bundy_Drop_Bear
08-26-2012, 05:00 AM
My model number dosen't have 3D in it yet i have 3D screen and Glasses, Anyway good to see the OP sorted it out.

JayFel
08-26-2012, 05:15 PM
For 3D systems(that come with the glasses) look for 3D/3DE at the end of the model number...best and clearest way to find out...or, look through the specs before you buy it, that way you won't get upset thinking you got ripped off when you didn't. It always pays to read the specs sheet to make sure you get what you're buying.

I did, it had 3DTV play written on it (I had no idea it only meant that it's 3D capable, and not 3D ready), and I'm not so big about 3D and all, but I definitely pay attention to every spec on the product that I buy.
Oh well, good to know now.

JayFel
08-26-2012, 05:16 PM
My model number dosen't have 3D in it yet i have 3D screen and Glasses, Anyway good to see the OP sorted it out.

Exactly! I'm quite pleased of the responses and feedback this thread got. Thanks :)

_
08-27-2012, 02:56 AM
3D Capable: Your graphics card can output a 3D signal to a compatible monitor via HDMI (depending on the monitor - must be HDMI 1.4 for capable bandwidth at FullHD resoution) or DisplayPort (preferred). If you have a 3DTV or VG278 (for example) then you can play/watch 3D content.

3D Ready: Your notebook LCD is 120Hz and you can run 3D content right on your notebook, out the box.

JayFel
08-27-2012, 08:40 AM
3D Capable: Your graphics card can output a 3D signal to a compatible monitor via HDMI (depending on the monitor - must be HDMI 1.4 for capable bandwidth at FullHD resoution) or DisplayPort (preferred). If you have a 3DTV or VG278 (for example) then you can play/watch 3D content.

3D Ready: Your notebook LCD is 120Hz and you can run 3D content right on your notebook, out the box.

Unfortunately :(
Oh well, I'm not so big about 3D anyways, and I've got a desktop I made that's setup with a 3D Monitor :D