PDA

View Full Version : Low performance on battery

peterleerule
08-26-2012, 11:30 PM
Hey guys.

So i was just wondering. Ive had my g75 for a week and its freaking amazing. Ive had no problems and im going to be registering for my warranty.

Quick question.

Why is there a drop in performance when i play games like CS:GO using just the batteries. I wanted to test it out but it gets quite laggy.
Any suggestions

sc27
08-26-2012, 11:41 PM
I'm not completely sure if this is true but my friend said that it's because some computers automatically goes into a lower performance mode when on battery.

Cecil_2099
08-26-2012, 11:42 PM
That's correct. The graphics card automatically throttles itself when it's on battery mode. There's no mod around it.

Zygomorphic
08-27-2012, 01:41 AM
That's correct. The graphics card automatically throttles itself when it's on battery mode. There's no mod around it.

+1 rep! It is doubtful that the battery can source the current required by the GPU at full bore without sustaining damage. Its a safety feature.

_
08-27-2012, 03:02 AM
It's just an automatic driver function to balance battery life with performance, so instead of going out all guns blazing the CPU and GPU are quicker to throttle frequency and voltage, while other hardware (wifi card or PCI-Express for example) will sometimes reduce bandwidth to save power.

Shiverous
08-27-2012, 09:33 AM
Besides the fact that drivers automatically put the laptop in battery saving mode its the way laptops were constructed for some reason. Unplugged < Plugged even if you switch to high performance using either Power4Gear or the Windows Battery settings.