PDA

View Full Version : how do i disable the touchpad on a clean install??

wai_lai416
08-27-2012, 11:22 PM
how do i go about disabling the touchpad on a clean installed windows 7? fn f9 doesn't work and i'm sure i installed every possible drivers already or is there a specific drivers for the touchpad? i tried disabling the touchpad from control panel but i don't see it either =\ the touchpad is really annoying as when i type i keep accidently touching it with my palm =\. if anyone can point me where the touchpad drivers is if there's one would really appreciate it. it's the g75vw thx

john_from_ohio
08-28-2012, 12:27 AM
Control panel ==> Mouse under device settings tab should be able to check "Disable internal pointing device when ..."

Or go thru device manager could disable it entirely

wai_lai416
08-28-2012, 02:22 AM
doesn't look like i have a device setting tab in control panel under mouse. i went to device manger. under mouse i it only shows my usb mouse and a ps/2 compatible mouse which i guess would be the touchpad but there's no option to disable it. i can only disable my other usb mouse. so is there a driver or something that i'm missing?

tgjorgoski
08-29-2012, 01:19 PM
maybe the same driver for g55vw will work if there isn't one available on the site for g75vw?

http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=G55VW&p=3&s=397

Bundy_Drop_Bear
08-29-2012, 01:24 PM
Use the "Fn" button and one of the F keys will disable the touch mouse pad. the "Fn" key is on the left hand side next to windows/Ctrl/Alt keys.

wai_lai416
08-30-2012, 06:14 AM
Use the "Fn" button and one of the F keys will disable the touch mouse pad. the "Fn" key is on the left hand side next to windows/Ctrl/Alt keys.

i tried the fn F9 doesn't work and the driver there said not compatible with my touchpad =\ i did a clean install so i don't have a driver for the touchpad and i can't disable it :(

rewben
08-30-2012, 02:25 PM
have you tried the touchpad driver at http://forums.pctweakers.net/showthread.php/129-ASUS-G75VW-Clean-Install-Guide ? (look for the Drivers Installation section)

it's weird that the touchpad driver is missing in the asus g75's download section (http://rog.asus.com/notebook/17-inch/g75vw/).

wai_lai416
09-06-2012, 04:19 AM
thx i'm gonna download the synaptics touchpad and hope it works

d-Metrius
09-06-2012, 04:41 AM
Fn + F9 won't work without ATK package

Forgottenbhs
09-06-2012, 08:24 PM
If you would like to turn it off permanently you could always disable "Internal Pointing Device" in BIOS.

GottiBoi55
09-07-2012, 12:47 AM
how do i go about disabling the touchpad on a clean installed windows 7? fn f9 doesn't work and i'm sure i installed every possible drivers already or is there a specific drivers for the touchpad? i tried disabling the touchpad from control panel but i don't see it either =\ the touchpad is really annoying as when i type i keep accidently touching it with my palm =\. if anyone can point me where the touchpad drivers is if there's one would really appreciate it. it's the g75vw thx

if you are not planning to install the "ATK package", they only way is in the control panel.
>control panel<>hardware and sound<>devices and printers<>mouse.

there in setting look for "disable touch pad when external mouse is connected".
Hope this helps!