PDA

View Full Version : Dire SItuation Windows start fail/Crash

Vizard
08-28-2012, 09:40 AM
i am in a very desperate place right now today i put my computer to sleep forgetting i had a game running so i opened the screen and pressed the power button then it asked me to resume or delete the save i accidentally hit delete the save cause i as multitasking and not paying attention now every time i start my comp normally i get a blue screen saying stuff about bios and memory and only can get my computer to run is safemode im currently in safe mode with networking i even factory restored my computer thinking it would fix it but it didn't what do i do >_<

when u close your comp it saves or whatever and it allows you to resume everything has something to do with that

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 1000007e
BCP1: FFFFFFFFC0000005
BCP2: FFFFF88000E68946
BCP3: FFFFF88003D704D8
BCP4: FFFFF88003D6FD30
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\082712-22245-01.dmp
C:\Users\Austin\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-53040-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

this is a pic with a program called bluescreen veiwer

dstrakele
08-28-2012, 02:24 PM
Choosing "Delete" on a failed resume from hibernation normally should not cause any problems. It's a typical way to recover from a failed resume.

From what I've read in other posts from users experiencing STOP 0x1000007e BSOD's, it can result from bad memory or a faulty driver. In your case, the 1st parameter indicates a memory access violation occurred. Since you still get this BSOD after an ASUS Factory Restore, I'd suspect bad memory and recommend running memtest86+ to see if you get any memory errors.

However, you CAN boot successfully into Safe Mode, which may indicate a 3rd party driver is responsible for the BSOD. The Sentelic touchpad driver, fspad_win764.sys, is listed in your BlueScreenView screenshot. Still. the shipped version of this driver (or even the more recent versions) should not be causing any problems. Did you install anything after performing the ASUS Factory Restore? If so, what was it?

You could eliminate fspad_win764.sys by uninstalling the "Finger Sensing Pad" from "Control Panel - Uninstall a program" and REBOOT to install the Windows 7 Plug-N-Play touchpad driver. Problems with the Sentelic touchpad on G74SX and G73 systems are well known, but I've not read of BSOD issues, just erratic cursor movement being the problem. Which ASUS laptop model do you own?

Vizard
08-28-2012, 02:46 PM
im using a g74sx Laptop and i was just updating my drivers etc it happened right after i hit the delete resume thing

dstrakele
08-28-2012, 02:49 PM
I read that - but you said you did an ASUS Factory Restore after that, correct? Did you install anything after the ASUS Factory Restore? If you didn't, it's more likely you have a bad memory chip as the ASUS Factory Restore would've completely overwritten your Windows 7 installation with a known good OS instance.

Vizard
08-28-2012, 03:00 PM
^_^" yes alot but i have restored before and have installed the exact same stuff well 90% the same and i just randomly got it to boot up like normal ive gotten it to do it once earlyer r and it gives me the message finger sennse pad drive was installed i was thinking would a windows image i made before this problem fix it?

im sorry about the spelling and everything ive been up all night stressing this

dstrakele
08-28-2012, 03:06 PM
I guess my question is "Do you get a STOP 0x1000007e BSOD on startup immediately after performing an ASUS Factory Restore - without installing anything else?

If you are not dealing with a hardware issue, restoring a known, stable Windows System Image should resolve the issue.

Vizard
08-28-2012, 03:08 PM
no i didn't i installed windows updates that went fine then just started doing the drivers and my programs got the drivers from the Asus site i even restored my comp to an earlier time and it didn't change anything

dstrakele
08-28-2012, 03:17 PM
When you perform an ASUS Factory Restore, it installs the ASUS drivers that originally shipped with the system. So you perform an ASUS Factory Restore, add the recent Windows Updates, and your system is stable, correct? You can start it normally and do not get a BSOD?

Vizard
08-28-2012, 03:24 PM
as far as i know it installed correct
on this site i downloaded the audio driver , touchpadriver and usb stuff and i unistalled alot of the stuff the factory put on my comp i also installed an Ethernet driver gameboster suggested ive downloaded it befor with no problems oh and i also installed the newest Nvidia driver for 560m

the thing is its not letting me restore its not detecting the image on my usb drive is it because its name is
WindowsImageBackup1 and its also not leting me copy it to my computer

and is there a different touch padriver i can use because i need a mouse pad for a game i play

dstrakele
08-28-2012, 03:29 PM
So it sounds like your system is stable after the ASUS Factory Restore, and after the Windows Updates. Where you run into trouble with the BSOD is when you start updating drivers or uninstalling ASUS Bloatware apps, is that correct?

Vizard
08-28-2012, 03:31 PM
yeah i guess but i didnt manually restart the computer i had windows update restart it

i think i fixed it it was the touch pad driver the only thing is now i cant use my touchpad and i need it

dstrakele
08-28-2012, 03:50 PM
That's okay having Windows Update restart the computer.

I have 2 recommendations:

1) Uninstalling ASUS Bloatware has been implicated in causing system stability problems. If you are uninstalling many of the ASUS apps, I recommend you download a Windows 7 SP1 .ISO file from the Digital River site, burn it to DVD, use that DVD to install Windows 7 to your G74SX, update it with Windows Update, then start installing updated device drivers. When you get everything working correctly, activate this new Windows 7 installation with the Product Key located on the label on the bottom of your laptop.

2) Install your device drivers one at a time from Windows Safe Mode (all except the Intel Chipset driver - it doesn't like Safe Mode) and REBOOT after each driver installation. Installing drivers from Safe Mode will disable other running drivers (such as Antivirus) that may interfere with the driver installation you're running at the moment.

After you've installed the Intel Chipset driver, boot into Safe Mode and install the Atheros WiFi driver version 9.2.1.470 (http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/Drivers/WLAN/WLAN_Atheros_Win7_64_Z921470.zip) - but only if you're certain an Atheros WiFi card is installed on your G74SX - earlier version Atheros WiFi drivers have bad DPC Latency that causes many problems on G74SX systems.

Be certain you are installing the proper device drivers for your hardware. G74SX systems ship with both Sentelic and Synaptics touchpads. You need to be certain which is on your system. G74SX systems come with Atheros and Intel WiFi cards. You need to know which one you have to install the proper driver. You need to choose the mobile NVIDIA driver, rather than the desktop version, etc.

Consider creating Windows System Restore Points prior to installing drivers, so you can easily go back to a known stable OS.

Once you've activated your new Windows 7 installation, perform a backup with Windows Backup and Restore, being sure to select the Windows System Image. You can use this image if you need to completely restore Windows.

dstrakele
08-28-2012, 03:54 PM
i think i fixed it it was the touch pad driver the only thing is now i cant use my touchpad and i need it

You need to determine if you have a Sentelic or Synaptics touchpad installed to your G74SX. See http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?17196-Touchpad-no-longer-disabled-by-hotkey-(Fn-F9)-and-Backlight-Error-(G74S)&p=117372&viewfull=1#post117372.

Vizard
08-28-2012, 03:58 PM
i already uninstalled it but i think it was syntelic thats what i downloaded fro the Asus site

dstrakele
08-28-2012, 04:06 PM
You need to "know" which make touchpad is installed, not "think'. See http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?17196-Touchpad-no-longer-disabled-by-hotkey-(Fn-F9)-and-Backlight-Error-(G74S)&p=117372&viewfull=1#post117372.

Vizard
08-28-2012, 04:11 PM
i just realized something before i restored my computer it had Synaptics in it then after it had syntelic im going to try synaptics
or is it a bad idea?

dstrakele
08-28-2012, 04:15 PM
I recommend uninstalling any 3rd Party touchpad drivers and rebooting to install the Microsoft touchpad driver, then get the "Hardware Ids" value as discussed in http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?17196-Touchpad-no-longer-disabled-by-hotkey-(Fn-F9)-and-Backlight-Error-(G74S)&p=117372&viewfull=1#post117372. This is the only way to determine if the touchpad is actually Sentelic or Synaptics.

If you have installed the wrong driver, it overwrites Hardware Ids and confuses the correct touchpad identification.

Unless ASUS replaced your touchpad with a Synaptics during an RMA., if it is described as Sentelic immediately after an ASUS Factory Restore, then the touchpad hardware should be Sentelic.

Vizard
08-28-2012, 04:20 PM
i unistalled synaptics i rebooted never got a plug and play thing and drive sweeper dosnt seem to work

dstrakele
08-28-2012, 04:23 PM
What version touchpad driver does Device Manager currently show as installed to your laptop?

You should be uninstalling the touchpad driver from "Control Panel - Uninstall a program".

Vizard
08-28-2012, 04:26 PM
my computer/Device manager says there isnt one yet now i can move my touchpad..........
i have PS/2 Compatible mouse and HID complaint mouse

dstrakele
08-28-2012, 04:29 PM
Choose "Action-Scan for hardware changes" from the Device Manager top menu.

Vizard
08-28-2012, 04:31 PM
Choose to "Scan for New Hardware" from the Device Manager top menu.

i have i have PS/2 Compatible mouse and HID compliant mouse also do you mean hardware changes?

dstrakele
08-28-2012, 04:35 PM
Sorry - I meant "Action-Scan for hardware changes" from the Device Manager top menu. Tried to do it from memory and I guess my memory is gettin' old....

Vizard
08-28-2012, 04:40 PM
Sorry - I meant "Action-Scan for hardware changes" from the Device Manager top menu. Tried to do it from memory and I guess my memory is gettin' old....

If you have a mouse currently attached, please remove it.

i removed it and the action didn't really do anything but make the list blink and onlything there now is
P2/2 Compatible mouse i unplugged the other mouse

dstrakele
08-28-2012, 04:42 PM
What is the "Hardware Ids" of the PS/2 Compatible Mouse?

Vizard
08-28-2012, 04:45 PM
what is the "hardware ids" of the ps/2 compatible mouse?
acpi\stlc141
*stlc141

dstrakele
08-28-2012, 04:48 PM
That means you have a Sentelic touchpad installed on your G74SX. You'll want to install the Sentelic 9.1.7.7 version touchpad driver. Remember, boot into Safe Mode for the installation. Also consider creating a Windows System Restore Point prior to installation.

Vizard
08-28-2012, 04:50 PM
That means you have a Sentelic touchpad installed on your G74SX. You'll want to install the Sentelic 9.1.7.7 version touchpad driver.

this ? http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/KEYBOARD-and-MOUSE/Sentelic/Asus-Zenbook-UX21E--Sentelic-Touchpad-Driver-9177.shtml

dstrakele
08-28-2012, 04:58 PM
I'd probably get the link from http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?5224-Drivers-Apps-and-How-to-s&country=&status=.

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/Drivers/Touchpad/Touchpad_Sentelic_Win7_64_Z9177.zip

I typically use the device developer site or ASUS (if that is unavailable) for downloading device drivers.

Vizard
08-28-2012, 05:12 PM
when my computer first restarted the touch pad reacted very weird and slow is that normal? but now its fine

dstrakele
08-28-2012, 05:30 PM
I haven't observed that with touchpad driver updates. Best to keep an eye on it as a potential problem area. As I posted earlier, touchpad problems are well known on G74SX systems.

You might also be more patient as to when you logon to Windows. It may still be loading software if you immediately jump in when the logon screen first appears, slowing performance of your system. Antivirus software typically conducts scans on startup, slowing performance at those times.

If you have an Atheros WiFi card and have an Atheros driver version prior to 9.2.1.470, consider upgrading it to that version. I also previously posted how earlier versions have bad DPC Latency, which can result in all kinds of performance problems.

Vizard
08-28-2012, 05:46 PM
I haven't observed that with touchpad driver updates. Best to keep an eye on it as a potential problem area. As I posted earlier, touchpad problems are well known on G74SX systems.

You might also be more patient as to when you logon to Windows. It may still be loading software if you immediately jump in when the logon screen first appears, slowing performance of your system. Antivirus software typically conducts scans on startup, slowing performance at those times.

If you have an Atheros WiFi card and have an Atheros driver version prior to 9.2.1.470, consider upgrading it to that version. I also previously posted how earlier versions have bad DPC Latency, which can result in all kinds of performance problems.

how to check if i have it? also i use Ethernet mostly even though its a laptop and if i dotn respond its cause i passed out from exhaustion ^_^;

dstrakele
08-28-2012, 10:55 PM
Expand "Network Adapters" in Device Manager and see what is displayed for a wireless network adapter. If it is not an Atheros Wireless Network Adapter, forgetaboutit... If it is, right-click on it and choose "Properties" from the popup menu, select the "Drivers" tab and see what version it is. If it is earlier than 9.2.1.470, update it to that version.

It doesn't matter if you use Ethernet, if the Atheros card is installed and it's using an earlier version driver, the DPC Latency from it will affect your system anyway.

It sounds like you've resolved your BSOD issue. Now we just need to see if we can get your SHIFT key, Spacebar, and "period' key working... ;>{)>

Vizard
08-28-2012, 11:33 PM
Expand "Network Adapters" in Device Manager and see what is displayed for a wireless network adapter. If it is not an Atheros Wireless Network Adapter, forgetaboutit... If it is, right-click on it and choose "Properties" from the popup menu, select the "Drivers" tab and see what version it is. If it is earlier than 9.2.1.470, update it to that version.

It doesn't matter if you use Ethernet, if the Atheros card is installed and it's using an earlier version driver, the DPC Latency from it will affect your system anyway.

It sounds like you've resolved your BSOD issue. Now we just need to see if we can get your SHIFT key, Spacebar, and "period' key working... ;>{)>

im having a problem with the driver im not sure if you heard of the game Mabinogi but is the game there is a skill called focused fist and when i use it your supposed to be able to spin your character around to change the direction but when i do it my touchpad locks me and wont let me move it until i use it and i know its the pad because i never had the problem before and no one else is having the problem

dstrakele
08-29-2012, 12:02 AM
It could be you need to configure the gestures in the "Finger Sensing Pad" tab, or backrev to the Sentelic version that shipped with your laptop. It would be available on the ASUS web site, on the Driver disk shipped with your laptop or in the C:\eSupport\eDriver directory on your HDD.

Vizard
08-29-2012, 12:11 AM
so i just unistall this and install the one on the asus site?

dstrakele
08-29-2012, 12:24 AM
I recommend you Boot into Safe Mode, uninstall it from "Control Panel - Uninstall a programs, REBOOT into Safe Mode and install the earlier version driver.

Vizard
08-29-2012, 02:02 AM
that version is causing the bluescreen

should i just install http://www.synaptics.com/resources/drivers/

i installed the above and it fixed it

exept the right side-scroll isnt working

dstrakele
08-29-2012, 05:01 AM
Sometimes you just hafta go with what works....

Vizard
08-29-2012, 08:51 PM
you sounded not to enthusiastic abut that XD