PDA

View Full Version : Asus g75vw Wi-Fi conn dropping

duro2321
08-28-2012, 11:27 PM
Hello,
i hope i will get any answer on this thread i am posting becouse i didnt really get any on my last one. As you can see my laptop is acting pretty normal nothing strange as my random spike lags just went away by doing nothing. Now i have only 1 problem left and that is my wifi connection...
My connection is dropping or just being slow all the time. I have other laptops in the room and they are all having max speed but not this one. I cant find the solution on the forums so if you would be kind and show me the way :)
I can download with max speed of 2,3 MB/s this laptop can do max of 2,1 which i can really be luck if i get it becouse it always feels down to 80kb/s... I have tried to change the channel but it didnt really work for me.

I have Qualcomm atheros AR8151 and Qualcomm atheros AR9485WB-EG Wireless network adapter

Gratz

dstrakele
08-29-2012, 02:14 AM
1) What a) Security and B) Encryption is configured on your Router. I recommend WPA2-Personal Security with AES Encryption.

2) What download speed do you get when you connect to a friend's Router with similar or better internet bandwidth?

3) What version Atheros Wireless driver are you currently running (as displayed in Device Manager)? Have you tried installing a more recent driver version?

4) What wireless signal strength is displayed in the wireless icon in your Windows System Tray?

5) How are you determining download speeds?

leeishom
08-29-2012, 05:19 AM
Hmm, let's think about other, very important factors before actually focusing on the Laptop being the Problem.

duro2321
08-30-2012, 02:07 AM
I have no other security on this laptop and no antivirus programs installed!
I dont know what encryption even means :)could you tell me a little bit more? I am kinda not really known with router and all that wifi stuff becouse this is my first laptop!
Well when i join other wifis i get full speed. I dont think there are any problems with them really.
I am curently running 10.0.0.45 driver and i cant find any other updates for it...
Signal strainght is curently show as medium.

Sorry for bad language.

dstrakele
08-30-2012, 02:33 AM
It looks like you are running the latest Atheros wireless driver.

If your ASUS laptop has full speed at other wireless access points, it indicates your download speed problem at home is most likely at your Router. What brand Router are you using?

You might have better download speeds if you could boost the range of your WiFi network or position your router to obtain an "excellent" signal rather than just a "medium" signal (see http://compnetworking.about.com/od/wifihomenetworking/tp/connectiondrop.htm).