PDA

View Full Version : G53 3 time RMA

Acdrewalex
08-29-2012, 01:56 PM
The first week of July 2012 my G53 went in for repair of a broken power plug port. 2 weeks later the computer was returned to me without "my original box" I sent with it, computer housing was cracked with part of the plastic broke off, white paint ( or white material ) all over the screen an speaker area, and small surface scratches. I immediately called the Support center and was told to send in pictures and then someone would call me in 24-48 hours. I immediately sent in the pictures and never received a call. 5 days later I called backed was asked to send in the computer for repair. I then sent in the computer and 2 weeks later received the computer back not fixed and with a new problem the fans making a whineing noise at shutoff. I immediately called Asus support again and was told to send in pictures and I would receive a call from a manager in 24-48 hours. 3 days later and no call from Asus so I called again. I was then told to send in more pictures and someone would call me in 24-48 hours. The next day Asus called me and I was asked to send in the computer. The rep that called me said I would be sending it to the corporate office to him and he assured me that it would be returned to me the next day after receipt and he would also contact me when he received it. I noticed the address that i was sending it to was the same place that had damaged the computer the first time. Last Friday I tracked the computer and it showed that the repair center had received it on Wednesday. I called Asus support and was told that I would receive the laptop on Monday. I called back today and was told that I am waiting on parts and there is no expected time of return. No phone calls or emails again from Asus.
This problem Has now been almost 8 weeks, I use my laptop for work and have not had it for 8 weeks. I spent $1400 on it in January and had to sell my Alienware to be able to afford it. I am 40 years old and have had Dell's all my life. I bought an Asus because you get more bang for your buck. Out of the 9 Dell computers I have owned and still own I have had only 1 motherboard repair that took 1 day, because they come to my home. Asus has lied to me and treated me like I do not matter. Unfortunately I am at the mercy of your company because I cannot afford $1400 for a new Alienware ( I am an engineer and require certain power and graphical needs). All I have is this iPad that I am using to type this message that would have taken half the time if I had a computer.
I need an immediate resolution, please or at least my money back so I can create my own resolution?

chrsplmr
08-29-2012, 02:20 PM
PM(PrivateMessege) Mason@Asus or cl-scott (also he is at asus but not @Asus) and forward your
rma #'s ect ... it helps to get 'eyes on the ground' watching 'for' you... they do.

Best of Luck .. we have heard this story far to many times .. and there simply is no excuse.c.

dstrakele
08-29-2012, 02:34 PM
What is the address of the ASUS Repair Center you're using for your multiple RMA's?

Acdrewalex
08-29-2012, 02:59 PM
PM(PrivateMessege) Mason@Asus or cl-scott (also he is at asus but not @Asus) and forward your
rma #'s ect ... it helps to get 'eyes on the ground' watching 'for' you... they do.

Best of Luck .. we have heard this story far to many times .. and there simply is no excuse.c.

I sent a PM to Mason on Monday and have not heard anything, he must be out of office. I will try cl-Scott, hopefully he can help.

Acdrewalex
08-29-2012, 03:01 PM
What is the address of the ASUS Repair Center you're using for your multiple RMA's?

1171 Montague Expressway
Milpitas, CA 95035

Gorman
08-29-2012, 03:11 PM
Yup, us G53 owners always get treated this way. Mine has gone back 4 times in 12 months, ASUS will not help you.

ASUS will categorically refuse to give you a refund - and getting a replacement will require you to start a suite against ASUS (literally the only person I know of who has gotten a replacement sued ASUS). You will never get a refund.

G53's are expensive trash. Your best bet is to find a local electrician/hobbyist who can replace the plug to one that doesn't break every 10 weeks.

Join the G53 failure thread, not long ago we had a brief discussion about a class action suite...
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?1800-power-connector-pin-broke-on-my-G53jw/page18
You are not alone :/

dstrakele
08-29-2012, 03:27 PM
1171 Montague Expressway
Milpitas, CA 95035

WOW - It wasn't long ago I read that was the BEST ASUS Repair Facility in the US. What an embarassment!

Do PM Mason@ASUS on this forum. He has helped many in your situation.

cl-scott
08-29-2012, 05:47 PM
I'd have to double check on Google Maps, but I think I drive nearby that facility every day on my way to/from work. If someone here (at Asus) wants to give me the authority to go there, knock some heads around, and shape things up, I'd be all over it. :D That'd be a fun job to me, going around to various Asus service centers and making sure they adhere to my very exacting standards.

P.S. The OP's laptop has already shipped from the repair facility.

chrsplmr
08-29-2012, 08:11 PM
~~ cheers ~~ The cl-Scott Plan .. shouldn't have to babysit 'pros'.
Sign the work .. those not meeting standards consistantly .. pink slip.

UnEmployment is around 11% in California. Somebody would love that job and do it.c.

dstrakele
08-29-2012, 10:30 PM
I think it would be a good idea for @cl-scott to check out the Milpitas Service Center. It could help ASUS by getting a fresh view of what's actually happening there. It sounds like there is definitely some sort of problem.

Looking at the other (repair tech) side, it could be possible the techs are being extremely overworked. If you had to repair more laptops per day than humanly possible, and you find out the motherboard you just replaced on one turned out to be defective, and it's the second defective motherboard you installed today, and now you're out of that specific motherboard and will fall further behind, and new defective laptops are coming in boatloads every day, it could explain the poor customer service. It'd be hard to love a job like that....

cl-scott
08-29-2012, 10:40 PM
~~ cheers ~~ The cl-Scott Plan .. shouldn't have to babysit 'pros'.
Sign the work .. those not meeting standards consistantly .. pink slip.

UnEmployment is around 11% in California. Somebody would love that job and do it.c.

Were it that simple, but it's expensive and time consuming to both fire someone and then hire someone new. There's unemployment you have to pay for the fired employee, then all the various fees associated with hiring someone, and the time you have to spend sifting through applications, conducting interviews, training... That can take the better part of a month, if not longer, meanwhile you're down one (or more) repair techs. Not to mention, if that person (or persons) goes to work for one of your competitors, now your competitor is effectively getting someone with some skills that were developed on your dime. If you can at all salvage the situation, it's considerably cheaper to do so.

So it's generally a far preferable solution, for all involved, to try and figure out what is the source of the problem, then go from there. Maybe it is there's one or two people who just aren't hacking it, but there may be plenty of other reasons. Where I worked before, the management gave a whole new meaning to cheap. One of the parts room people had a second job as the night manager at a hotel, and she'd pilfer pens because we couldn't even get simple office supplies like that without the company CEO signing off on it. Pens were worth their weight in gold, and I went out of my way to create a system where I could fill out all the paperwork on my workstation and then print it off rather than constantly be stealing other people's pens, and having them steal them back. I know times are tough, and you can't just go buying whatever people want, but equipment was literally falling apart and the CEO refused to replace it, we couldn't get basic office supplies needed to do our jobs, and what needed to happen was for the top management to loosen the purse strings a little.

Whether or not that's what's needed at the repair center mentioned in this thread I don't know, but if someone in Asus management wants to task me with going in there and knocking a few heads around to get things going in the right direction again, I'd relish the opportunity.

cl-scott
08-29-2012, 11:04 PM
I think it would be a good idea for @cl-scott to check out the Milpitas Service Center. It could help ASUS by getting a fresh view of what's actually happening there. It sounds like there is definitely some sort of problem.

Looking at the other (repair tech) side, it could be possible the techs are being extremely overworked. If you had to repair more laptops per day than humanly possible, and you find out the motherboard you just replaced on one turned out to be defective, and it's the second defective motherboard you installed today, and now you're out of that specific motherboard and will fall further behind, and new defective laptops are coming in boatloads every day, it could explain the poor customer service. It'd be hard to love a job like that....

That was my life as a repair tech. I can tell you from experience it is not fun. It also leads to units falling through the cracks. You might set a unit aside for any number of perfectly valid reasons, and then get swamped with new units. By the time you get your head back above water, a couple of weeks to a month may have passed.

So while I suggested it largely tongue-in-cheek, I do actually have experience as a repair tech, and even working in a depot setting. So if someone from the other side of the building wants to come over to Ice Station Zebra (the AC is on all day until 6PM) to give me a promotion, I'll drive on down to Montague and get cracking.

Gorman
08-30-2012, 12:15 AM
> Blaming this on "it's just 1 center slipping 1 laptop through the cracks"

We get tons of reports of repair centers acting like this, all over the globe... We get tons of reports of this exact issue, all over the globe...

It's more than just a single localized problem guys, stop fixating on the center.

chrsplmr
08-30-2012, 12:31 AM
cl.. it is that easy. Some of the things we have seen here. What justifies them having a job.
There is no unemployment for those that do not do their jobs.

and would have cost far less... by now.
All the Marketing and Proven Top Products will Never overcome the damage of returning
a RMA .. to be kind .. Not complete.

cl- a few more like yourself and Mason sweat'n them .. until there are no more cracks.

cl-scott
08-30-2012, 12:54 AM
> Blaming this on "it's just 1 center slipping 1 laptop through the cracks"

We get tons of reports of repair centers acting like this, all over the globe... We get tons of reports of this exact issue, all over the globe...

It's more than just a single localized problem guys, stop fixating on the center.

While a vast and inaccurate oversimplification of the discussion, at the same time... Let's assume everything is exactly as you say, for the sake of argument. Would it not be a step in the right direction to turn things around at even a single repair center?

But really, we were just kind of goofing around. In no way am I seriously expecting to be tasked with going in and implementing sweeping changes at that location.

cl-scott
08-30-2012, 12:57 AM
cl.. it is that easy. Some of the things we have seen here. What justifies them having a job.

All the Marketing and Proven Top Products will Never overcome the damage of returning

cl- a few more like yourself and Mason sweat'n them .. until there are no more cracks.

I'm not sure you could really make that case, since you're talking theoreticals. It's kind of like how the MPAA/RIAA/UbiSoft equate one illegally downloaded copy of something as one lost sale. The mental leap needed to get from here to there is deceptively large.

cl-scott
08-30-2012, 12:57 AM

I'm not sure you could really make that case, since you're talking theoreticals. It's kind of like how the MPAA/RIAA/UbiSoft equate one illegally downloaded copy of something as one lost sale. The mental leap needed to get from here to there is deceptively large.

chrsplmr
08-30-2012, 01:55 AM
Apologies OP ... keep us posted.

Exactly. That Value was 'Stolen' .. by the Pirate.
This ... squandering of brand equity by apathy.

We all know and love this equipment.
We have pride of ownership.

Recently I saw a thread similar to this where the OP carefully
boxed and shipped the unit. (pics)
Whoever shipped that back as complete (pics).. would not be working
for me in the morning...no excuses, gone.
(if true. but i have no reason to doubt that op).

Far too many have worked far too hard to get 'us' here to
allow this to continue to continue .. find the problem and
like a spammer ... delete.c.

Gorman
08-30-2012, 10:08 AM
While a vast and inaccurate oversimplification of the discussion, at the same time... Let's assume everything is exactly as you say, for the sake of argument. Would it not be a step in the right direction to turn things around at even a single repair center?
Fixing things at a single repair center helps maybe at best 0.01% of people. It's an insultingly small step towards a solution. As usual ASUS works so slowly doing the minimum they can, in order to make us run out of warranty before they form a solution.

But really, we were just kind of goofing around. In no way am I seriously expecting to be tasked with going in and implementing sweeping changes at that location.
> Just joking, we won't help
wut.

cl-scott
08-30-2012, 04:35 PM
Fixing things at a single repair center helps maybe at best 0.01% of people. It's an insultingly small step towards a solution. As usual ASUS works so slowly doing the minimum they can, in order to make us run out of warranty before they form a solution.

So you would rather nothing be done? I have a funny feeling that if the repair center in question were the one you clearly had a bad experience with, you would have a very different view on the matter.

I can't do anything to change the fact that you had a bad experience getting your system repaired, and being a negative and disruptive presence in discussions like this will not change what has happened either. What it will do is make people far less empathetic to your situation. All I can do is try and make sure that no one else has an experience like yours, and if you ever set down that chip you're carrying on your shoulder, I think you would agree it is a positive change.

> Just joking, we won't help
wut.

More like that's not my responsibility. If someone in the Asus management wanted to put me in charge of handling that sort of thing, I would enjoy the challenge. Granted, that's probably a level of naivete speaking, because there are a number of differences between a person's intentions and certain realities. It being election time here in the states, and my having more than my fill of political ads, stump speeches, and the like... It's really easy for someone to say that if they are elected President they will do this, that, and the other thing... But there are a number of realities of any political office really, at any level, which will make a number of those promises impossible to keep. Just as one example in the US, there's all kinds of talk about how Mitt Romney will tackle the national debt. Well, the way our government is set up, it's Congress that holds the purse strings of the nation, all the President can do is propose changes and hope Congress goes along with it. The same as the Australian PM can't just unilaterally ram legislation through Parliament. His/Her party has to wheel and deal with minority parties to form a coalition if they don't win enough seats, and those parties may very well oppose a lot of the things the PM campaigned on. So if the PM tries to make good on campaign promises, it might mean that parties pull out of the coalition, and things grind to a halt.

A lot of times the realities of the job are very much at odds with the best of intentions and the noblest of ideals.

chrsplmr
08-30-2012, 05:08 PM
This Thread has run AMuck... haha .. so sorry OP. .. how U do'n ?

.. Nov. 6th... im taping my fingers shut, NOW.c.

dstrakele
08-30-2012, 08:43 PM
You told the OP to PM Mason@ASUS. Mason is the ONLY person who can help when you have a problem RMA situation. Fortunately, he's very successful at it, so ultimately, the OP should be OK.

cl-scott
08-30-2012, 09:18 PM
You told the OP to PM Mason@ASUS. Mason is the ONLY person who can help when you have a problem RMA situation. Fortunately, he's very successful at it, so ultimately, the OP should be OK.

By the time the OP made this thread, the unit had already shipped from the repair center. Beyond that, IIRC, the part needed was on back order for a time. If you don't have the part, you don't have the part, not a lot anyone can do about that.

And for anyone who thinks that is bad, never go to work for any place that repairs Apple computers. They will let orders just sit for several days, then cancel them on you. If you're lucky they will send you a form letter with a generic reason selected for why your order is being canceled. But they won't do anything logical like send it to the person who created the repair, they'll send it to one of the account admins. I developed a good working relationship with a lot of the people in one of Apple's administrative centers, so they'd tell me what was going on off the record, but officially you were lucky to get one of those generic form letters with a non-descript and completely useless reason for why the order was canceled. Even better, was that the way Apple scores their sliding scale for labor payouts, the repair shop gets penalized when Apple doesn't have any parts in stock. You would have to go and beg the administrative people for an exemption on that repair, and of course Apple keeps track of every time you ask for one of those exemptions, and it factors into whether or not they'll grant one next time around. So they screw up, and it's the repair shop that gets to not only deal with the customer screaming about how long it's taking, but then you get shafted on your labor reimbursements for the following month.

chrsplmr
08-31-2012, 12:19 AM
Mr. Billings sits right in front of Mason .. and has semi-basically the same job .. as I understand
it..

.. may I ever so humbly and with all due respect suggest ..
... hahhahahha... c.

cl-scott
08-31-2012, 12:52 AM
Mr. Billings sits right in front of Mason .. and has semi-basically the same job .. as I understand
it..

I have no issue .. this has been healthful.c.

Indeed I do, on both counts. So if you ever want something tossed over my shoulder at Mason... You know, for good luck... I'll send you my pricing breakdown in a PM. I think you'll find my rates are very reasonable based on the weight of the object. I also now have someone sitting in front of me, but it's doubtful she'll ever be around here, so you'll have to settle for just me throwing things in Mason's general direction. Although, I could potentially blame her for any objects landing in Mason's area... Hmmmmmm....

chrsplmr
08-31-2012, 01:06 AM
... unless you accidently toss 'her' in that direction .. which, you never know, maybe
Mason and 'she' would both, at that point 'chip in' ... you could be onto something ..

I see you have the same pay scale .. have to sell pencils on the corner during lunch .. yep..
.. respect the game .. not the gain .. and reduced parking...
Welcome to Asus .. (sorry Asus.. it had to be laugh'd.)..

She's not from Dell is she ??? (j/k) bro .. really..rof.c.

Zygomorphic
08-31-2012, 02:03 AM
...extra $$$$ to blame the new gal in the office? :D Definitely something to consider...:) ROFL

vudugan
08-31-2012, 04:13 AM
Heh, I'll be PMing you cl-Scott, when I finally send mine in for warranty :cool:

Gorman
08-31-2012, 06:56 AM
So you would rather nothing be done? I have a funny feeling that if the repair center in question were the one you clearly had a bad experience with, you would have a very different view on the matter.
I have read many threads about people's machines getting damaged by ASUS repair centers. Coming back dusty, scratched, damaged with water, badly repaired, having internal brackets sheered so it rattles, having a hole drilled through a mobo, all kinds of crap. Anyone who has read >50 threads on ASUS abuse would be silly to think that fixing 1 center would do anything. ASUS QA is non-existent across the board.

This is just as insulting a solution as when an ASUS rep offered to give away a single washer. It does nothing to fix the problem, and it is just so they can say "hey we are doing something, that's better than nothing", just like you are saying now.

I can't do anything to change the fact that you had a bad experience getting your system repaired, and being a negative and disruptive presence in discussions like this will not change what has happened either. What it will do is make people far less empathetic to your situation. All I can do is try and make sure that no one else has an experience like yours, and if you ever set down that chip you're carrying on your shoulder, I think you would agree it is a positive change.
> negative and disruptive presence
Oh ****, sorry that I don't worship ASUS's horrible support system, sorry about being a realist. No one in their right mind would think that fixing up 1 center would fix the problem. I said before that your solution is insulting, do you really think that ASUS customers are so feeble that they would be happy at the tiniest step in the right direction? If ASUS doesn't move in leaps and bounds, then they are not committed to fixing the problem.

The guy is asking for a refund, and you are offering to talk to the repair center. How is this equivalent? Maybe stop with the confirmation bias that "anyone who disagrees with me is just a negative nancy", and read the thread and think a bit.

More like that's not my responsibility. If someone in the Asus management wanted to put me in charge of handling that sort of thing, I would enjoy the challenge. Granted, that's probably a level of naivete speaking, because there are a number of differences between a person's intentions and certain realities. It being election time here in the states, blah blah.

A lot of times the realities of the job are very much at odds with the best of intentions and the noblest of ideals.
So I take it you have already escalated the problem to your superiors? Since you care about "making sure that no one else has an experience like yours", I'm sure you already raised the issue with your superiors years ago, and have since then been continually updating them and pressuring them. Perhaps inform them that some people consider class action suits as a viable solution, and point out that they have already been taken to court and lost once because of their bad support.

I'm sure you aren't as helpless as you pretend to be.

And for anyone who thinks that is bad, never go to work for any place that repairs Apple computers. They will let orders just sit for several days, then cancel them on you. If you're lucky they will send you a form letter with a generic reason selected for why your order is being canceled. But they won't do anything logical like send it to the person who created the repair, they'll send it to one of the account admins. I developed a good working relationship with a lot of the people in one of Apple's administrative centers, so they'd tell me what was going on off the record, but officially you were lucky to get one of those generic form letters with a non-descript and completely useless reason for why the order was canceled. Even better, was that the way Apple scores their sliding scale for labor payouts, the repair shop gets penalized when Apple doesn't have any parts in stock. You would have to go and beg the administrative people for an exemption on that repair, and of course Apple keeps track of every time you ask for one of those exemptions, and it factors into whether or not they'll grant one next time around. So they screw up, and it's the repair shop that gets to not only deal with the customer screaming about how long it's taking, but then you get shafted on your labor reimbursements for the following month.
I could replace "Apple" in this paragraph with "ASUS", and a lot of people would think it is true.

Zygomorphic
08-31-2012, 10:20 AM
Hello all, I have been reading this thread, and while @cl-scott's joke about throwing things at @Mason is funny, I think this has gone off topic. Unless the OP can update us on the results of PM'ing @Mason, I don't see how this is relevant to his issue.

With regards to quality of support, I know that their e-mail reps are generally decent - e-mailed with one to figure out how to fix an nVidia driver problem. I wasn't all that clear, but the rep tried to help as much as ?he?/?she? (Sunshine) could. I know that there are alway bad experiences floating around, but I would be quite surprised if the repair centers really do drill holes in the mobo.

chrsplmr
08-31-2012, 10:46 AM
Zy .. As pointed out by Scott, at the time of the OPposting .. the Unit in questions had already been shipped.
'We' cheerfully await the OPster's review of the Returned Unit.

I think this is very healthy.
We are getting to know Mr. Billings .. love the AppleStories .. hahahhaa .. ROG is growing on him.
Gorman is driving home some very important points. (Rightfully in manyways so.) (Hows that powerpin hold'n up 'this' time Gman?)
Just good healthful banter among Enthusiastic Enthusiasts.
Myself? I continue to point out .. if 'those' techs dont Love the ROG -- they 'need' a 'new' job.
I'd love to give them that opportunity to find it .. and gleefully point to the door >>> over there >>>

The 'new' girl .. if I am correct is also a 'new' 'CL' .. from Dell .. together with Mr.Billings they
are TeamDellApple ... hahahahhaha ... JOKE ... hahhahaa .. best to both of them. hahhahaa
(Im all for sending 'him' over there to bust ROGs .. no more excuses, no more prisoners.)
(or give them (the 'techs') 30days .. and then fly in theGman .. hehe. explain it to him. good luck.)

As to you Sir, Cudos, as Always.c.

Gorman
08-31-2012, 04:08 PM
I would be quite surprised if the repair centers really do drill holes in the mobo.
You need to read the forums more often. Within the last few months (or so, definitely this year) there was a thread by a guy who RMA'd his machine and got an email from ASUS saying that the board had been customer damaged. He called to ask what was going on, and they told him the board had a hole drilled in it and was damaged in other ways. Since the warranty seal was not broken the service center admitted that someone on the floor damaged the board.

I wouldn't be surprised if ASUS returned a machine snapped in half and claimed it was customer damage. Disgusted? Yes. Surprised? Nope.

@Chrs: My pin is fine... this time. ;) My local center replaced my charger and I purchased a L-shaped connector. Contrary to what cl-scott may claim, my local repair center is great, and they are always helpful... ASUS online support, ASUS official policies, ASUS workmanship and ASUS quality on the other hand.......... Not to mention their refusal to acknowledge and deal with problems..........

cl-scott
08-31-2012, 04:55 PM
Not to mention their refusal to acknowledge and deal with problems..........

There's a reason for that, and it has to do with people who will take anything you say, and find some way to turn it into a negative. So it's just easier and safer to just say nothing.

I might try and be helpful, and tell someone that a part is on backorder, and so the repair will be delayed a little. My intentions are about as pure as can be, trying to simply let the person know what is going on with their unit. Now I'm not saying that the owner doesn't have the right to be a little disappointed about the delay, but what I would expect is the person to say something along the lines of, "Not what I was hoping to hear, but thank you for keeping me updated anyway." A simple reciprocation of professionalism. Instead, often times what you end up getting is a tirade about pretty much everything under the sun, sometimes you get some pretty fanciful conspiracy theories cooked up by the more... creative... people out there.

The truth is generally far more boring. You could write a book, and numerous people have in fact, on supply chain management. The current popular system is called just-in-time, where you basically try and operate on zero inventory, bringing in parts as you need them, or "just in time". Which is great from a cost savings angle, since you don't need to pay for a huge warehouse to stock a bunch of parts, those parts aren't sitting on the books so the capitol you might otherwise have to dump into warranty parts can be invested in R&D or some other area, and it generally means you operate with less overhead and can charge less for products. The problem is that if there's any disruption in the chain of companies that goes from raw materials all the way up to the finished product, it can have a huge ripple effect that just gets bigger as it makes its way along the chain. If there's a disruption in the raw materials, that is your worst nightmare come to life. So you might try and counter this by having a small buffer inventory, like enough materials to sustain normal operations for a month. If the delays are only 1-2 weeks in duration, then you're fine, but if you have a situation like the flooding in Thailand not too long ago, which caused a spike in HDD prices, what exactly are you going to do? Even if you have contracts with 2-3 different companies to supply parts, if all those companies are knocked out of commission for a couple of months because of some natural disaster... Anyone who has a viable solution to that problem could buy and sell Bill Gates hundreds of times over with the money they stand to make.

Of course the above is really a very oversimplified version. A proper analysis would be several hundred pages long. So let me ask you something Gorman... Just for the sake of argument let's say you are a waiter at a restaurant. You take a customer's order, give it to the cooks in the kitchen, and then pick it up when it's ready to take to the customer. Let's further assume that there are normally 3 cooks, but maybe one called in sick that night, and it just happens to be busier than usual... So being the conscientious waiter that you are, always thinking of the customer, you go over to apologize and try to explain that their food will be a little longer than expected. The customer then just loses it, accusing you of either intentionally neglecting to put their order in, or being incompetent and forgetting to put it in. They then accuse you of having some part in how the host(ess) told them the wait would be 30 minutes for a table, and it ended up being more like 45.

In that scenario, what would you tell the customer?

chrsplmr
08-31-2012, 07:51 PM
This is a family forum Gorman ... hahahaha .. send a PM. (If you would tell'm what I would tell'm..haha>>>door.)
(scott .. climb over on our side of the fence bro .. Welcome.).c.

Zygomorphic
09-01-2012, 01:52 AM
@cl-scott is right, supply management is hard...not that I would know, I'm not in management. If I were in that case (and restaurants, I have) I graciously accept it with: "Bummer. OK, I understand." Bad things happen. I try to be courteous to someone because I like others being courteous to me. It is sort of like letting the motorist into your lane. They probably aren't going to be able to repay you, but you would like them to remember you and be nice to someone else, who is nice to someone else, who two weeks later is nice to you.

chrsplmr
09-01-2012, 02:19 AM
Accepting pay for 'less than agreed' work is theft. From all of us.

The One hands down, above all others thing that Asus is ..
.. is the top of the mountain Research and Development Company.
Every dollar 'stolen' through apathy is a precious dollar stolen
right from the mouth of R&D .. That's Maximus VI .. ect.
The gems of ROG .. above 'we' faithful are ROG LabTechs ..
Like gymRats but more crazed .. obsessed.(imagine that for a sec.)

The unNamed .. quite a few are here among us ..
if you saw some of the "Zero" video .. you saw a hint of their fever.
"Sweat'n to Ln2 and N" .. hahhaha

Get some enthusiastic techs in these 'minor' but critical rolls.
Love it .. or get Out .. Find something you are thrilled to do ..
One thing is for sure .. they lack effective leadership there.imho.of course.

As to what do you tell a customer ? The Truth, as you know it.
They 'go off' ? .. hahaha .. click. There are great people on hold.

Supply management .. exactly, leadership.
Maybe 'they' should 'have to' manage a huge restaurant or fresh market ..
before applying ... live ahead of the game ... geesh .. c.

Acdrewalex
09-10-2012, 06:21 PM
I did receive the computer back with the help of Mason, unfortunately with some new problems. Although they did repair their previous damage. I have attached a copy of the letter I sent to Mason.
Just to clarify the screw that is broke off is under the keyboard not part of the keyboard.

Hello,
Thank you for the help.
I did receive the computer back in good exterior condition except for on the left side keyboard the keyboard release notch was reamed out with a screwdriver and will not sit all the way down.
When I first turned on the keyboard everything started great. The only problem was the keyboard did not work. I turned it off and looked below the keyboard. The keyboard in coming apart from underneath, a screw is missing that I guess holds it together, the wires were not hooked up, and under the keyboard there is a screw broke off. I replaced the wires and the keyboard started working except the A and S button has to be hit a few times to work.
When I start the computer when it is hooked up to an external monitor the laptop monitor and the external monitor is black screen until windows desktop is up. Never had that problem before.
I called last Tuesday for help and was told someone would call me back in 24-48 hours and they would have me send back the computer for repairs. Today is Monday a week later and no one has contacted me from Asus. I am out of time and patience, I am going to look at trying to get an Alienware and just throw this Asus in the trash. Sorry for my rudeness, again thank you.

dstrakele
09-10-2012, 07:29 PM
Words fail me.

chrsplmr
09-10-2012, 08:50 PM
You are sorry ??? ... +dstrakele ...

... but AlienWare ? .. no need to drink the kool aide .. yet.
This needs to be made right .. long ago.first.c.

Acdrewalex
10-15-2012, 06:31 PM
Well its been 4 1/2 months since this all started and 5 weeks since I PM'd Mason, was told by customer service that someone would call me in 24-48 hours, and complained to BBB. Today I received a response from Asus through the BBB.

I would cut and paste the letter but they have a cute little disclaimer at the bottom that says this is "off the record"/confidential and not for publication. So I will put it in my own words.
Trevor Costanza from Asus said he was sorry for my continued issues and unfortunately the only resolution he can offer me is to send the computer in for inspection and if they can replicate the issues offer to fix or a refurbished replacement.
Then he quoted me the warranty:
''If the product fails during normal and proper use within the warranty period, ASUS will, at its discretion, repair or replace the defective parts within the product, or the product itself, with items that are functionally equivalent to that as originally supplied, or better, during the warranty period defined for the model, using new or refurbished parts or units.''

I do not disagree with the warranty under normal conditions, but these are extreme conditions of negligence, willful intent to defraud me of my rights under warranty, and malicously damaging my property with intent.
I say this because the company knows of its RMA issues and yet does nothing about cleaning it up.
The power socket on the G series computer should be recalled, am I wrong? How many new problems are created through the negligence of the RMA depatment? The RMA repairmen have a quota to repair so many units per shift and this creates negligence since there is not proper oversight and terrible working conditions.

My product was only 5 months old when I sent it in to get the power socket replaced. Asus damaged and trashed a brand new computer through their negligence. If I wanted to save money and buy a refurbished computer then I would have. I spent more for new and they wrecked it!!!!!!! Now they want to send me someone elses wreck!!!!!

Now they want to quote me warranty, who is protecting the customer from Asus's refusal to follow their warranty and fix the product in a timely manner and send the computer back without new problems in the same condition it was sent in? They are defrauding innocent consumers ( victims ) out of their money. They are getting away with it because thay have all the money. We are at their mercy and their negligence.
I learned a valuable lesson "Buy a Dell" and I did buy a Dell 5 weeks ago. Although my G53 had better bang for the buck it only worked for 5 months and then the power went out for good!!!!!

:mad:

chrsplmr
10-16-2012, 12:06 AM
This is where I usually say M-A-S-O-N !!! but ... have you PM'd cl-scott ??? Is there anything he can do ??

This is sickening .. as already stated .. there are no words left .. Asus. What the Dell ???

** cl-scott++ ..ur ROG is show'n... and noted.c.

cl-scott
10-16-2012, 12:28 AM
Unfortunately, if he's already initiated a BBB complaint, I'm not allowed to touch it anymore. Anytime the BBB or a lawsuit is involved, it gets handed off to someone else, and I am probably pushing things a little just posting this. If OP wanted to retract the BBB complaint, I could probably kind of skirt the rules saying technically there wasn't a BBB complaint anymore, but that has to be the OP's call.

Zygomorphic
10-16-2012, 12:32 AM
PM @cl-scott, @Mason left and may not have been able to hand off everything to his replacement. Hope you get better results from him.

Gorman
10-16-2012, 03:47 AM
This is a family forum Gorman ... hahahaha .. send a PM. (If you would tell'm what I would tell'm..haha>>>door.)
(scott .. climb over on our side of the fence bro .. Welcome.).c.
When I PM they just say "sorry we can't help"...

Unfortunately, if he's already initiated a BBB complaint, I'm not allowed to touch it anymore. Anytime the BBB or a lawsuit is involved, it gets handed off to someone else, and I am probably pushing things a little just posting this. If OP wanted to retract the BBB complaint, I could probably kind of skirt the rules saying technically there wasn't a BBB complaint anymore, but that has to be the OP's call.
What is a BBB complaint and how does one start one?

chrsplmr
10-16-2012, 12:05 PM
brotherGorman .. You know why .. pesky international trade laws .. it shouldn't be, but it is.
... and bad Asus policy.imho (ROG is Global and in my view, borderless .. )

BBB ??? Extortionists.imho.
I worked for them for 1week .. took me a month to wash the stank from my mouth.
Dues so they Don't ... better sign up right away.
The first time I read the sales pitch I thought they were kidding, then the manager
started bragging how much money we were going to make .. and how businesses
really had no choice, because if they didnt join and there was a call ... blah blah blah

Thats when I started working for the Sanctuary .. I knocked 5miles, both sides of
RT.41, Ft.Myers businesses to feed those animals .. the BBB declined to participate .. so
I commissioned a huge sign for the Sanctuary fence (reserved usually for high dollar sponsors)
saying so ... hahahhahaa .. put it right on the front corner (first view of the fence)
... as far as I know, they are still sponsors today ..hahaha .. I learned 'that' from 'them'.c.

Gorman
10-16-2012, 04:39 PM
BBB ??? Extortionists.imho.
I worked for them for 1week .. took me a month to wash the stank from my mouth.
Dues so they Don't ... better sign up right away.
The first time I read the sales pitch I thought they were kidding, then the manager
started bragging how much money we were going to make .. and how businesses
really had no choice, because if they didnt join and there was a call ... blah blah blah

Thats when I started working for the Sanctuary .. I knocked 5miles, both sides of
RT.41, Ft.Myers businesses to feed those animals .. the BBB declined to participate .. so
I commissioned a huge sign for the Sanctuary fence (reserved usually for high dollar sponsors)
saying so ... hahahhahaa .. put it right on the front corner (first view of the fence)
... as far as I know, they are still sponsors today ..hahaha .. I learned 'that' from 'them'.c.
What is it though?

ASUS isn't fixing the problem, so it's pretty obvious we need to do something.

chrsplmr
10-16-2012, 05:27 PM
What is it though?

ASUS isn't fixing the problem, so it's pretty obvious we need to do something.

++for this question. Sounds like the title of a Great Thread .. could be.
How can Asus improve RMA's ??? .. besides a little QC.c.

bitt3n
11-14-2013, 06:11 PM
The power pin hasn't failed yet on my G53, but it's about to be serviced by RMA for another issue. Is it possible to get them to swap out the relevant part now rather than wait until it fails and have to suffer the lost time and expense of sending it back again? I've asked the RMA dept but they have been unresponsive.

I'm not asking for them to fix it under warranty, I would expect to pay to have it replaced, but if they don't need to swap out the entire motherboard I expect it would be far cheaper to do it while the unit's already in for service.

TeRmInAsHuNaToR
11-14-2013, 06:48 PM
I wouldn't. I had my G73 Pin fixed.... 2 years ago? It hasn't failed since. And honestly, to dig into one of these rigs and fix them isn't that difficult. It would be good experience for when your rig is not under warranty anymore to learn this.

bitt3n
11-14-2013, 07:14 PM
I wouldn't. I had my G73 Pin fixed.... 2 years ago? It hasn't failed since. And honestly, to dig into one of these rigs and fix them isn't that difficult. It would be good experience for when your rig is not under warranty anymore to learn this.

My understanding is that replacing the connector (without swapping out the motherboard) requires soldering, which I have no practice doing. I might be misinformed however.

TeRmInAsHuNaToR
11-14-2013, 07:31 PM
My understanding is that replacing the connector (without swapping out the motherboard) requires soldering, which I have no practice doing. I might be misinformed however.
It DOES! What better time to learn than now?! :D

bitt3n
11-14-2013, 10:14 PM
It DOES! What better time to learn than now?! :D

Given the horrendous failure of my last attempt at soldering (on another power connector - the powerbook g3 had this same problem), and the attempt before that (on a CRT monitor) a better time would be the far, far distant future, or at least on something a bit less critical than a motherboard.

cl-Albert
11-14-2013, 11:00 PM
Given the horrendous failure of my last attempt at soldering (on another power connector - the powerbook g3 had this same problem), and the attempt before that (on a CRT monitor) a better time would be the far, far distant future, or at least on something a bit less critical than a motherboard.

If you're using the AC adapter with the straight connector, it may be more worthwhile or as important to arrange a cross-ship for the curved tip adapter as below, and if you're interested, please drop me a PM at cl-Albert.
You can also try to arrange this with our normal support, but may not be as easy, so feel free to check back if necessary.