PDA

View Full Version : G55 noob needs help

Roro1985
08-31-2012, 03:43 AM
Hey Everyone,

I did a lot of reading on this site and Google, however I cannot come up with the answers I need.

I just purchased my G55 today, I reformatted everything and put a new SSD in it so I can speed it up a bit.

All my installs and drivers went ok, did a clean W7 install without SP1, I even upgraded the bios without a problem. (love the bios easy flash). Now my main concern is I thought this machine comes with a UEFI bios ? I am just confused as in how I go about changing the interface, or I need to have a W7 install disc with a SP1 already on it ? or that is not relevant ?

Just need the confusion cleared up, Thanks in advance.

rewben
08-31-2012, 05:48 AM
i think your installation fell back to bios mode during the installation (meaning your install disk ran with bios instead of uefi).

g55 bios is uefi-aware. afaik, you can bring up a menu to select uefi boot, if the media is uefi-based. for instance, if you used acronis trueimage home, you can create a usb boot stick with it (the option of creating usb boot disk shows up when you have a usb disk plugged in during boot disk creation). when you boot with it (i.e. press esc key on boot), a menu with "UEFI: <usb stick id>" will automatically shown along with other identified boot options.

also, your boot section in the bios allows you to create new boot option with uefi (this function of adding new boot option only shows up when you have a new bootable media put in, along with existing ones)

_
08-31-2012, 06:10 AM
It does have UEFI enhancements but it's just not a graphical interface version as there's very little to actually do, unlike PC motherboards.