PDA

View Full Version : What sound card do you recommend for Tiamat 7.1?

RBranco
08-31-2012, 10:23 PM
Hi guys,
I bought the Headphones Tiamat 7.1, what sound card do you recommend ?
The budget is about 200$ more or less...

Help me guys and thanks ;)

RBranco
09-01-2012, 04:53 AM
So???
Guys can you help me pls? :(

cutbuter4fmg
09-01-2012, 05:16 AM
Phoebus :)
You can hook up 3+ audio output with their controllers sit besides you.

RBranco
09-01-2012, 02:40 PM
Phoebus :)
You can hook up 3+ audio output with their controllers sit besides you.

Thank you :)

Ivé seen some reviews about Xonar STX etc etc ... and some said STX is better than Phoebus, idk why..
But I think I go choose the Phoebus :)

slik
09-01-2012, 04:22 PM
Thank you :)

Ivé seen some reviews about Xonar STX etc etc ... and some said STX is better than Phoebus, idk why..
But I think I go choose the Phoebus :) I have the Razer Tiamats and have them hooked up to my Xonar Phoebus. WOW!! Super sound card. Get it. You won't be sorry.

RBranco
09-01-2012, 05:41 PM
I have the Razer Tiamats and have them hooked up to my Xonar Phoebus. WOW!! Super sound card. Get it. You won't be sorry.

Really?

And about the microphone? The ppl can hear u well? Because with the tiamat connected to my board no1 can hear me very well :(... I hope Phoebus turn my sound 5 stars :) And there are much interference :/

Granger
09-01-2012, 05:43 PM
I have the Tiamat 7.1 hooked up to the mobo sound card on my CHV (think its the supreme FX III) and it works great.
What mobo do you have, you may not need a separate sound card.

RBranco
09-01-2012, 05:48 PM
I have the Tiamat 7.1 hooked up to the mobo sound card on my CHV (think its the supreme FX III) and it works great.
What mobo do you have, you may not need a separate sound card.

I don't have any sound card in my board, I have the EVGA x58 Classified.. but my first choice was the Asus rampage II extreme, but the board of Asus give me sooo much troubles, and I need to change it unfortunately ... With the X-fi the sound was better.

With my EVGA x58 Classified I think i need a sound card :(

This is my system, and im trying to put the sound card there, I think it fits, Theres a open topic here about that :)

Granger
09-01-2012, 06:09 PM
Looking at pics of the board, you have all the jacks in the back for a 7.1 to work, maybe the onboard sound card has some settings to play with in the bios? or maybe uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers may help.

RBranco
09-01-2012, 06:21 PM
Looking at pics of the board, you have all the jacks in the back for a 7.1 to work, maybe the onboard sound card has some settings to play with in the bios? or maybe uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers may help.

I've done that, but didn't worked :/ I'm really disappointed with the Tiamat, I have the Audio FXpro 5.1 Benheck and work really better than Razer Tiamat and are from 2007, the connection is by usb that's why they work better...
With the jacks connected to the board I hear too much interference and my micro simply don't work well, and the overall sound is really poor.
I already reinstalled the drivers and change the settings of micro.. and its the same.. I think I need the phoebus ;), don't you agree :P ?

slik
09-01-2012, 07:26 PM
Really?

And about the microphone? The ppl can hear u well? Because with the tiamat connected to my board no1 can hear me very well :(... I hope Phoebus turn my sound 5 stars :) And there are much interference :/ You have one of the best set of gaming headphones available. It would be an injustice to use them with anything but the best sound card. That card is the Phoebus. I have now,and have had the Creative Titanium Fatality Pro etc,Xonar Xense, and a few from Auzentech,but in my opinion,the Phoebus kicks ass by comparison. As far as the Tiamats go,I have had no issues with the mic. Everything works as I expected this high end stuff would . One thing you may notice with the Tiamat is a buzz or hum when nothing is playing. It's not anything faulty,it's the USB power source from your PC. Get a USB hub or power aapter and bingo,hum etc. is gone. If you're going to make the plunge on your audio hardware,do it right. Get the best. Trust me. It pays to buy "good". Good luck, and let us know what you end up doing.

RBranco
09-01-2012, 07:34 PM
You have one of the best set of gaming headphones available. It would be an injustice to use them with anything but the best sound card. That card is the Phoebus. I have now,and have had the Creative Titanium Fatality Pro etc,Xonar Xense, and a few from Auzentech,but in my opinion,the Phoebus kicks ass by comparison. As far as the Tiamats go,I have had no issues with the mic. Everything works as I expected this high end stuff would . One thing you may notice with the Tiamat is a buzz or hum when nothing is playing. It's not anything faulty,it's the USB power source from your PC. Get a USB hub or power aapter and bingo,hum etc. is gone. If you're going to make the plunge on your audio hardware,do it right. Get the best. Trust me. It pays to buy "good". Good luck, and let us know what you end up doing.

I'm a bit more happy :D
In next week I'm gonna receive the Phoebus and I'm gonna buy a USB adapter, and then I come here to put my feelings :D ehehe

Thanks guys :)

thetruth1983
09-02-2012, 02:09 AM
I initially hated the Tiamat until I got the settings right. I have the Phoebus set to 7.1 and flexbass is on. It sounds great. I have not even used the mic on the Tiamat but I have read lots of reviews and youtube videos that state that the mic sucks. You could always use the PHoebus control box as a mic too.

Armadon
09-02-2012, 03:16 AM
I've been running the tiamat with the mic and have had no problems. It did take a few days to get all my setting right but everything works fantastic. My friends say it's the best I have sounded over ventrillo. The headset with this sound card is worth every penny.

Granger
09-02-2012, 05:56 PM
I've done that, but didn't worked :/ I'm really disappointed with the Tiamat, I have the Audio FXpro 5.1 Benheck and work really better than Razer Tiamat and are from 2007, the connection is by usb that's why they work better...
With the jacks connected to the board I hear too much interference and my micro simply don't work well, and the overall sound is really poor.
I already reinstalled the drivers and change the settings of micro.. and its the same.. I think I need the phoebus ;), don't you agree :P ?

USB 5.1 set ups are a "virtual" surround, not real, they work great with some games and not with others.
I went from a razer Barracuda (5.1 analog) wich worked really great for knowing where the sounds were coming from, but the sound was a little muffled, mic was crap.
Then a Razer Megalodon, (7.1 USB so Virtual surround) Was great in some games but not all. Stereo was amazing, mic was crap.
Now Tiamat 7.1, amazing quality, can't fault them, havent bothered trying the mic lol.

But with your board, maybe EVGA arent as good as Asus with the onboard sound, I had a 5.1 on the Asus P5E (Supreme FX II) and now 7.1 on the CHV (Supreme FX III) and both onboard sound cards were great.

Personnally I have never used an added sound card, so for the best one to pick, I'll leave you with the guys that know lol

ganji
09-02-2012, 08:20 PM
with usb headsets they dont use ur motherboard or soundcard. the software drives them. in order for a headset to use ur onboard sound or soundcard it will need to have 3.5mm jacks.
my 2cents. ;)

NisseROCKZ
12-04-2012, 04:44 PM
Did you get your asus phoebus to work with a Razer Tiamat 7.1? I just got a Razer tiamat, but only the right ear works, its like there only are one ear plug, because when I testet the 7.1 xsound thing, only the right ear could all of the sound, left side front, right side front etc. How did you get yours to work??

Pathosis
12-05-2012, 10:50 PM
I have a question for all of you Tiamat/Phoebus users, how exactly are you hooking your headset up in the back of the sound card? I noticed when I hook mine up I leave the front speaker jack empty and I use the headphone jack, is this correct? I just want to make sure Im doing everything correctly.

slikk
12-08-2012, 08:20 PM
Read the Quick Start Guide that came with the Phoebus. It will show you exactly where each of the cables from your Tiamats connect to the sound card. No different than connecting desk top analog 5.1 or 7.1 speakers.

Glasofruix
12-09-2012, 09:27 AM
Well, in the manual the 5.1 explanations are borked since it tells you to plug the rear connector to the side/surround port (instead of rear), which unsurprisingly doesn't work... Anyway, any true analog 5.1/7.1 devices should be plugged into the speaker ports, the headphone port is meant for stereo headphones only since it switches the card into stereo mode when you plug something in it (and remains silent if you manually change the set-up to speakers so you lose the L and R channels).