PDA

View Full Version : G74sx funny story time

Underseaboat
09-01-2012, 06:12 PM
Bought a G74SX about a year ago, just recently (~a month) had 2 pixels in the top right area go dead, about an inch apart, bright white output. Yesterday I was having a bad day due to unrelated issues, came home, turned on my laptop, saw the stupid dead pixels and got irrationally pissed, flicked the monitor while cussing at the pixels. I must have magic fingers, because those damn pixels spontaneously decided they wanted to work again, they are still working just fine, this made my day!

Zygomorphic
09-01-2012, 07:12 PM
Sometimes pressure does cure the problem I'm told, but don't count on the magic lasting! :) Now if you could flick my dimes and turn them into gold ... ;)

PILGRIM
09-01-2012, 07:29 PM
Ha ha!.. Magic fingers or not, you're lucky your laptop just had those bright dots.
Your massaging (not your cussing) them actually did the trick..

I've had a similar bright-dot experience the first time I had my G74.
But I used the "ballpoint trick": http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?4960-A-Tip-In-Solving-Bright-Dot-On-Screen-Of-ASUS-G74

Welcome to the Forums..

dstrakele
09-02-2012, 12:41 AM
...turned on my laptop, saw the stupid dead pixels and got irrationally pissed, flicked the monitor while cussing at the pixels. I must have magic fingers, because those damn pixels spontaneously decided they wanted to work again, they are still working just fine...

Are you the Fonz?

chrsplmr
09-02-2012, 03:01 AM
Ayyyyyyyyy...