PDA

View Full Version : Driver updates for the G55/G75

ggBanks
09-02-2012, 08:16 PM
Hello there, I currently own a G55VW and I am highly surprised that there is no official nVidia driver in their own website! So my first question is why, and how come ROG has a driver? My second question is related to the VIA audio driver. Of course I am not the only one that thinks it is crap, so I was wondering when will there be a new release with bug fixes and stuff?

mrwolf
09-02-2012, 09:57 PM
You should be able to find the latest drivers here to be honest..

And ye im sure everyone here will agree that VIA is indeed very crap. But you can get the most out of the sound setting here:

- http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?20220-SOUND-settings-my-sound-settings-on-G75&country=&status=

Here is the latest Nvidia GPU drivers:

- Download link 64bit
http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/306.02/306.02-notebook-win8-win7-winvista-64bit-international-beta.exe

-Thread on these drivers
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?21530-Nvidia-306.02-BETA-release&country=&status=

ggBanks
09-03-2012, 07:51 AM
Thank you for replying! Even a while ago I noticed that in the nVidia website there are beta drivers but I decided not to try them because I wasn't sure if they won't do some harm to my G55 since I've heard that beta drivers sometimes can be quite unpredictable. But that aside I've changed my mind and will try the new beta 306.xx release. And about the audio driver thread that you posted with the setting configuration. Will it be the same, because my woofer is right behind the display between the left and right speakers, and on the G75 its under the chassis. Thus I think the sound will be better on the G75 compared to the G55 so I think the G55 will need another configuration. What do you think?

Forgottenbhs
09-03-2012, 08:11 AM
I personally have had the 306.02 Nvidia Beta drivers installed for about a week and it runs WoW, MW3, CS:GO, Need for Speed Shift, Age of Empires 3 and Crysis on high to ultra settings without a problem. The only one that I really had to tweak to get working is MW3 because it's a stupid console port. You just have to make sure to look up the right settings for each game.

mrwolf
09-03-2012, 11:35 AM
Thank you for replying! Even a while ago I noticed that in the nVidia website there are beta drivers but I decided not to try them because I wasn't sure if they won't do some harm to my G55 since I've heard that beta drivers sometimes can be quite unpredictable. But that aside I've changed my mind and will try the new beta 306.xx release. And about the audio driver thread that you posted with the setting configuration. Will it be the same, because my woofer is right behind the display between the left and right speakers, and on the G75 its under the chassis. Thus I think the sound will be better on the G75 compared to the G55 so I think the G55 will need another configuration. What do you think?

Ah your welcome, Nvidia's beta releases are usually 99% safe to use :)

About the audio.. I think you should be ok with those settings because the person who made them has a G55 i believe. So yea just install new drivers for audio and put on the settings, should be 10x better..

_
09-04-2012, 04:35 AM
The official VIA audio driver was updated very recently, and the unofficial one is linked in the forums above.