PDA

View Full Version : G60VX- No sound and I know why but you can help!

Chrismichaeld
05-05-2011, 07:26 AM
So the sound has been out on my G60VX laptop for a few months now. Everything else is better than perfect and I love every Asus product I own.
The sound is out due to the pin in the headphone input jack being stuck in the "Headphone Plugged In" position. Effectively causing the Laptop to not emit sound. I HDMI out most of the time and have wireless headphones but still, it is annoying.
How can you help? Well I know that it is possible to bend the jack back in place. Seen here>> http://forum.notebookreview.com/5879478-post337.html

I prefer to avoid this method as I am not going to be bending anything in my laptop. I was looking for a driver/audio setting/addon/anything software related that will bypass the audio jack and make sound come out of my laptop speakers (which work 100%) . If any of the many intelligent people in this forum could offer any suggestions it would be extremely appreciated!

xeromist
05-05-2011, 03:39 PM
I'm not familiar with your specific audio driver, but often jack sensing is a setting that can be changed in the audio control panel (not the Windows one, but the driver specific one). Have you already checked throughout those screens? I know that I've read this can be done through the Windows registry but that's a bit cumbersome if you want to be able to toggle it.

Chrismichaeld
05-05-2011, 06:40 PM
I have been going through all the driver setting's since I saw your reply. Sadly there is not an option for this. I would be very willing to do it through the registry if that is possible.

xeromist
05-05-2011, 07:28 PM
Here's what I was thinking of. It's a different model than yours, so YMMV, but basically it looks like a way to force it at the audio subsystem level.

http://windows7forums.com/windows-7-support/54848-windows-headphone-plug-sensing-broken.html

Brian@ASUS
05-05-2011, 08:26 PM
you could send it in for RMA to get the jack replaced

Chrismichaeld
05-06-2011, 12:55 AM
Xeromist,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Seriously,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Thank You. It worked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have scoured the internet for that page you linked and found nothing. I would have loved to have sent it in but sadly the work I am doing does not allow me to go without this laptop. So while waiting my warranty expired recently. Hearing my speakers again (other than the loading screen explosion) is really great. Cannot thank you enough Xeromist!!

xeromist
05-06-2011, 05:15 AM
Glad to be of assistance. :)