PDA

View Full Version : g74sx 3d casing issue. (coming off?!?!)

Henrysyy
09-04-2012, 06:12 AM
well let this picture say what i mean . has anyone had this problem. i did nothing wrong. it just randomly came up slowly.11445

PILGRIM
09-05-2012, 06:56 PM
Perhaps a cause of overheating? Don't know what kind of glue ASUS has used for our G74s,
but I would find a heat resistant glue/sealant to put it back into place, if I were you..

This might help: http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&keywords=heat%20resistant%20glue&page=1&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Aheat%20resistant%20glue

Boosted_R
09-06-2012, 08:32 AM
Get a fast curing 2 part epoxy, and stick it back...... can get it at any hardware store......... avoid sealants and silicone, as they are not really designed for that........... Don't think its a overheating issue... more like a quality control issue / bad batch of glue used...... Good Luck....its a simple fix

Gorman
09-06-2012, 01:27 PM
Don't DIY unless it's out of warranty. If it's in warranty.................... RMA!

Shawnnepc
09-06-2012, 04:54 PM
Don't DIY unless it's out of warranty. If it's in warranty.................... RMA!

I strongly agree with Gorman.

You might be able to use your ADW (if it's still within the 1st year)

PILGRIM
09-06-2012, 06:07 PM

I strongly agree with Gorman.

You might be able to use your ADW (if it's still within the 1st year)

RMA?.. With all the nightmare experiences posted time and again in these forums?
I would seriously think against going through with it..

Considering the issue involved is not that technical (which requires technical savvy),
I would just go ahead with a DIY, if I were the OP.

Obviously, Boosted_R has a better idea than me in this regard.
So, I suggest Henrysyy to do what Boosted_R said.
At best, it's you (or someone near who's capable) who will be fixing it with care..

Henrysyy
09-08-2012, 07:24 AM
thanks guys . i did everything each of you guys said. first my warranty is still good . they just gave me a number to send it in and everything . so after that i got an estimate on how much sending it in would be. ( casing and wrapping-90 USD) Then after I went to my auto shop and got some JB WELD that boosted mentioned. (Less than 10 USD) So everything worked out. Just now i can see a bit of the epoxy. but its hard to notice since its the same color and the laptop. Thanks again guys :D:cool:
Here's how it looks now.

Boosted_R
09-09-2012, 10:58 PM
RMA?.. With all the nightmare experiences posted time and again in these forums?
I would seriously think against going through with it..

Considering the issue involved is not that technical (which requires technical savvy),
I would just go ahead with a DIY, if I were the OP.

Obviously, Boosted_R has a better idea than me in this regard.
So, I suggest Henrysyy to do what Boosted_R said.
At best, it's you (or someone near who's capable) who will be fixing it with care..

LOL...... some of these guys will RMA for every little thing...... PILGRIM, atleast you see where I'm coming from, concerning RMA's

To the OP, good to see you DIY. You would have spent $100 and waited about 3 weeks without a computer.