PDA

View Full Version : G53SX GPU Fan whirring loudly when running fast

Pr0cKz3d
09-04-2012, 01:56 PM
I've got the same problem the guy in this video seems to have. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqyCVglDylU

Mine is only on the right side fan, which from what I understand is the GPU fan. I have tried blowing it out with canned air to no avail, and am unable to take the machine apart at the moment for a thorough cleaning.

Are there any known tricks to this sort of problem, is it common, or in all honesty what should I do? I can't afford to be without this machine for even a day as it is my livelihood.

cl-scott
09-04-2012, 04:31 PM
Just off the top of my head, about the only things that make a fan run loudly are either it's spinning faster, or there's a bearing going out and someday the fan will seize up and never turn again. In the latter case, you will want to get that fan replaced ASAP.

Pr0cKz3d
09-04-2012, 04:40 PM
Yeah... sadly this thing fell out of warantee literally one week ago. I can't afford to be without this machine for even a day as of now, but I am working on getting myself a new tower rig at home to fix that issue.

Any way to replace the fan myself? I can't find anywhere to order a new one, and since i'm out of warantee RMA isn't exactly an option.