PDA

View Full Version : Woot first "problem"

Holy
09-05-2012, 04:40 AM
its not really a problem but a larger annoyance. i use Mozilla Firefox as my web browser. so the problem is just recently Aurora has been taking forever to load pages and gives me script errors. it basically starts to load gives me 3 script errors then finally loads.
I'm stumped Ive uninstalled aurora removed the Firefox folder and the registry keys for it. then reinstall.

d-Metrius
09-05-2012, 05:11 AM
I don't think it's G75 problem

Holy
09-05-2012, 01:22 PM
I know its not a hardware problem. Im just wondering if anyone had any idea's.

dstrakele
09-05-2012, 06:50 PM
Here's an article that may help you troubleshoot or work around the script errors: http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/warning-unresponsive-script

Woots
09-05-2012, 06:59 PM
Did somebody call?

Woots has 99 problems, but this ain't one!

dstrakele
09-05-2012, 07:06 PM
To keep on topic, what WAS your "first problem", Woots?

cl-scott
09-05-2012, 07:35 PM
So you're running alpha level code, it doesn't work, and you wonder why?

Also, seems like I recall there being some little reported announcement that starting with FF17, Mozilla was going to make some change to the way extensions work. Forget the specifics, but I'm sure a little poking around would cause it to reveal itself to you.

dstrakele
09-05-2012, 09:08 PM
http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/aurora/ has a "Feedback" section where you can report problems with this version of the browser. It also has a link to "Support", where you'll find articles such as "Topic: Fix slowness, crashing, error messages and other problems" (http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/topic/fix-problems).

Holy
09-06-2012, 12:30 AM
Technicaly my "first" problem was with my keyboard mod. but the problem is any page(no matter what page) gives me a script error.

Techinstein
09-06-2012, 12:36 AM
I don't think this necessarily a thing to be excited about. But I guess you can say what ever floats your boat.

cl-scott
09-06-2012, 12:52 AM
I don't think this necessarily a thing to be excited about. But I guess you can say what ever floats your boat.

Well, you know, you see all the other people complaining about this or that around here... Someone with a system that works perfectly might feel a little left out.

Holy
09-06-2012, 05:18 AM
Well, you know, you see all the other people complaining about this or that around here... Someone with a system that works perfectly might feel a little left out.
Exactly. and its not a serious problem. For-instance its not like i have a gaming desktop also.

rewben
09-06-2012, 05:39 AM
i'm using firefox nightly all the times (currently 1.8a1). there was a time (a few weeks ago, occurred for a few revisions, i.e. for a few days) when the script loading errors suddenly appeared. by then aurora and release versions were fine, so i just switched to those without buggy engines, temporarily.

just use firefox sync to share the settings, bookmarks, plugins etc. among your firefox, you can switch and use the different versions when you want.

Holy
09-06-2012, 02:45 PM
i'm using firefox nightly all the times (currently 1.8a1). there was a time (a few weeks ago, occurred for a few revisions, i.e. for a few days) when the script loading errors suddenly appeared. by then aurora and release versions were fine, so i just switched to those without buggy engines, temporarily.

just use firefox sync to share the settings, bookmarks, plugins etc. among your firefox, you can switch and use the different versions when you want. alright cool but why would it doing it on my but not on my desktop if any one has an idea?

cl-scott
09-06-2012, 04:46 PM
alright cool but why would it doing it on my but not on my desktop if any one has an idea?

Kind of a punt, but have you considered that it's a corrupt profile? I've had odd issues like that come up. I have absolutely no idea how, but sometimes script on a single site have a way of killing Firefox profiles for me. One time they made a change to the site, and immediately following that scripts stopped working, but only for that site. I figured it was the site's code, but then other people with similar configs didn't have any issues. So I wiped out my profile and started a new one, and things worked again. The same site did work on another computer running a different OS, where I actually copied the profile from.

I also recently had a case where Thunderbird, no matter what I did, would not download email from one account. It kept saying that the password was bad. Again I had copied the profile from another computer, and that one became my HTPC/disaster recovery unit, but it could download email from that account just fine.

So, there's a lot of strange things that can happen with a bad profile folder with Mozilla programs. It might affect one system but not another for reasons I've never had the time or motivation to pin down.

rewben
09-07-2012, 02:27 AM
@Holy, sorry but i didn't find out what caused those script errors haha.