PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning the screen

CuriouS
09-05-2012, 02:00 PM
I've been using my G75VW for more than two months and was wondering how to properly clean it's screen. I usually use the ASUS LCD Cleaning Cloth that came with my laptop to clean dust and it does a great job. But there are also these tiny saliva circles which just don't seem to come off when I rub with the dry cloth. I'm afraid of using the LCD cloth wet, because I know from experience with other screens that there are some nasty trails left after wiping with a wet cloth. Should I buy some special spray, or should I try using the cloth wet?

n1ghtl1fe
09-05-2012, 02:45 PM
I have a few different cleaning sprays and rags made for LCD's I have used on my G75, flat panel TV's, etc. and they've proven to be a waste of $. I clean my G75's screen a few times a week and always use the Asus LCD cloth provided over any store bought products I have.

What works best for me: Naturally you want to turn the laptop off cause a black screen makes it easier to see the dust, saliva circles, finger prints (ppl just love to point n touch my screen :/ ). I get a spray bottle with just water in it fold the Asus cloth in half spray one side just a couple times to get it just dAmP not soaking wet. Then i wipe my screen always horizontally working a little harder on the spots that dont come off right away. After that I flip the cloth around to the dry side and wipe once more to get any excess moisture off and finish taking off and streaks the damp cloth made.

Works like a charm :), sorry if that was a little long but hey who doesn't like to keep our gear looking at its best

cl-scott
09-05-2012, 04:22 PM
I've always just used like a tissue or paper towel that is damp, and then you just go back over it with a dry cloth to avoid streaks. The main thing is not to put much pressure on the screen. If you can't get something off with some (very) light scrubbing, you're better off just leaving it there. Otherwise you may damage the surface coating of the display and/or crush a couple LCD cells. As annoying as a little water spot might be, the alternatives will be worse.

Manzier
09-05-2012, 07:51 PM
Water + Microfiber cloth gets the job done.